Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 06:18 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Try working for us; instead of the rest of the world! Keep in mind that I was a Democrat and I witnessed what the Party did for me! By the way; at one time I did clean stables!
I prefer working for myself. Lot of people have cleaned the stables. I worked at a construction site when I was a teenager. The point it what 7 figure workers are NOT typically looking for a job at a farm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2018, 07:16 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I prefer working for myself. Lot of people have cleaned the stables. I worked at a construction site when I was a teenager. The point it what 7 figure workers are NOT typically looking for a job at a farm.
I actually worked at a pharmaceutical comply cleaning stalls many, many years ago. That job, with the right education, could have a foothold to a well paying job (maybe not 7 figures; but it could have been 6).

Here is what we see of your Democratic Party: Incoming NJ Gov Plans to Establish Agency for 'Defensive Protection' of Illegal Immigrants | Fox News Insider. Governor Phil Murphy, when he takes office today, will worry about illegal immigrants first. He forgot about the legal NJ citizens and legal immigrants the day he was elected!

You will never get it. You are discrediting the wishes of those legally in our Country and giving our rights and our money to those that did not deserve it!

Old 01-16-2018, 07:19 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I'm assuming you are educated - but post after post - I feel like I'm reading the whining of a 6 yr old who can't have real discussions but only wants to name call and stamp their feet because they can't have what they want.

Others may have differences of opinion - but at least they contribute to a healthy discussion here. I question the age and the mentality of many here who just seem so negative and just hate life as a whole if they don't get their way.

When I see the Donnie Dotards and other derogatory names - I see people that have been catered to in life - always getting their way - far removed from lower and middle class citizens - who feels they do their part by making a contribution and then trolling threads name calling. If they only could see how foolish they look to other people.
Dear, you are seeing things.

I wonder if you called out all those that called Obama terrible names - right here on this very forum.

Doubt it.

Bottom line ~ you failed to address the statement of import in order to clutch pearls about calling Donnie names.

HOW many immigrants currently work on Trump properties? Should we round them all up today?

Old 01-16-2018, 07:24 AM

Quote:
I actually worked at a pharmaceutical comply cleaning stalls many, many years ago. That job, with the right education, could have a foothold to a well paying job (maybe not 7 figures; but it could have been 6).
There is a long way from 'almost 6 figures' to 7 figures

Quote:
Here is what we see of your Democratic Party: Incoming NJ Gov Plans to Establish Agency for 'Defensive Protection' of Illegal Immigrants | Fox News Insider. Governor Phil Murphy, when he takes office today, will worry about illegal immigrants first. He forgot about the legal NJ citizens and legal immigrants the day he was elected!

You will never get it. You are discrediting the wishes of those legally in our Country and giving our rights and our money to those that did not deserve it!
No clue what you are trying to say there by "discrediting the wishes of those legally in our country and giving our money to those that did not deserve it!". Also, it is not my party, since I am not a Dem. I already posted the facts about the labor force participation rates of foreign born workers. You keep trying to make it about illegals, not me.

Old 01-16-2018, 07:34 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,078,192 times
Go live in San Antonio for a few years like we did. You will see with your own eyes the lazy takers and scammers expecting everything free.

Old 01-16-2018, 07:37 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
There is a long way from 'almost 6 figures' to 7 figures
Did I use the word "almost"?

Quote:
No clue what you are trying to say there by "discrediting the wishes of those legally in our country and giving our money to those that did not deserve it!". Also, it is not my party, since I am not a Dem. I already posted the facts about the labor force participation rates of foreign born workers. You keep trying to make it about illegals, not me.
Then why are you fighting against Trump?

Old 01-16-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Wow, immigrants are more likely to be of prime working age and native born people are more likely to be in retirement age.
Sure, until they get old of course. I showed you the labor force participation rates of foreign born workers, and it shows they are quite busy working.

Quote:
P.S. Can you show me one poster that said all immigrants are here to just collect welfare?
Post 125. Just to be clear, are you saying you agree that foreign borns are contributing to the society? By asking your question you suggest they are not a burden to welfare.

Old 01-16-2018, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Did I use the word "almost"?
You said "could have been 6", which sounds awfully similar to "almost". Do you disagree?

Quote:
Then why are you fighting against Trump?
Because he is a disgrace. Lot of independents and conservatives agree.

As for immigration per se, it never bothered me. I live in South Florida which is an immigrant-heavy area, and it does not bother me one bit.

Old 01-16-2018, 07:47 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Your link is bunk. He found dubious ways to inflate his numbers and then put a scholarly look around the whole thing. Biased and unfair methodology.

The guy used all immigrant household inhabitants, including kids + other US-born family and spousal members. So you can have a US-born person married into an immigrant family with multiple immigrant kids, even grandparents, etc..and he is counting ALL of them.

Medicaid and Supplemental Security benefits are determined on an individual basis, not a household basis. So he is basically intentionally lying with this kind of an analysis.

The term "immigrant-headed household" upon which Richwine bases his analysis working backwards from SIPP survey is also hopelessly ambiguous for this kind of analysis. It depends on how the survey was filled out. You have one immigrant and a family of US folks - husband is declared as head of household, it's an "immigrant family." Wife is declared head of household in survey, it's not. With dual income common these days, how do you know how they filled it out? It's a hopelessly convoluted approach.

He should have done this on an individual to individual basis, which is really apples to apples. When you do that, you'll find that immigrants use fewer services because their eligibility requirements are stricter; they don't qualify as much and as easily for many things.

Let me tell you my own anecdotal story: when my parents immigrated to this nation as political refugees fleeing from a European nation that you'd probably consider on the comparatively "****hole" side, they had to sign papers with the Feds saying they could not go on welfare for seven years. They signed it, came here with 2 kids and 2 suitcases, and never took assistance.

By the way, there are several take-downs of this analysis, but this was all articulated by none other than the Cato Institute, which is founded by one of the Koch Bros, has stellar history of accolades, and is hardly a super liberal place.

Here's their analysis.
https://object.cato.org/sites/cato.o.../pdf/edb17.pdf

Another link with great quotes on this:
https://www.csmonitor.com/layout/set...rn-US-citizens

OK, let's assume this guy is the Grand Wizard of the KKK.

Any other standardized testing method gets us to the same place.

2016 SAT test results confirm pattern that

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/t...t-can-be-done/

Old 01-16-2018, 07:56 AM

20,109 posts, read 9,023,728 times
if you're in the country illegally you're a criminal...next
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies