Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 04:53 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
The "Trump is literally Hitler" campaign has kind of fizzled out so... let's try "Trump like Joseph Stalin".

Nah, I'd say more like Vladimir Ilyich Lenin who lived by the premise that a lie told often enough becomes the truth, fits Donny to a T.

Old 01-15-2018, 04:55 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
The "Trump is literally Hitler" campaign has kind of fizzled out so... let's try "Trump like Joseph Stalin".
Why is it wrong that Trump refers to Haiti as a S***hole when it is one yet it's acceptable, even applauded, when the left constantly refers to middle American flyover states as S***holes?

Any lefties been to downtown Oakland to see the homeless camps lately?

Old 01-15-2018, 04:55 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
trump's attacks against the news media mirror Stalin and all other dictators on their rise to overtaking a country. The Hitler comparison also applies. How many officials in the Bundestag went along with and failed to speak out against Hitler, failed to stop him. This is happening now in America. The GOP senators like Cotton, Perdue, McConnell....for their own personal reasons of advancing their agenda, are letting trump marginalize our Constitution, lying for him. We are all going to wake up one day to see our military goose-stepping down Main Street when trump declares martial law in his final takeover of America.
Cowards! They are cowards. I have never been more disgusted by the spineless wimps in the GOP.

Old 01-15-2018, 04:57 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
You don't see the irony of your post, do you? Your post is all about collective pro-Tumpist thought.
Keep disrespecting the voters and see how that goes over.

As to the group think.
Trump supporters don't seek harmony or conformity in the group. Its not irrational or dysfunctional. As someone who voted for Trump I didn't know or care how others would vote. It wasn't dysfunctional either as it worked quite well and Trump was elected. I was voting for the agenda that in my view was/is rational. Some voted against Crooked Hillary. There was no conformity in the group that voted for Trump.

The desire to get consensus in comparing Trump to Stalin is group think.
There is no critical evaluation of alternative. Its isolation of thought.

Last edited by phma; 01-15-2018 at 05:10 AM..

Old 01-15-2018, 05:01 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Nah, I'd say more like Vladimir Ilyich Lenin who lived by the premise that a lie told often enough becomes the truth, fits Donny to a T.
Good point.

The constant barrage of lies, endlessly repeated and reposted is taking its toll on America.

Old 01-15-2018, 05:05 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Cowards! They are cowards. I have never been more disgusted by the spineless wimps in the GOP.
We keep thinking we'll come out of it. That Democrats will finally get it organized to get to the polls, to get rid of gerrymandering, to keep the voter rolls from being purged, ...

What if that doesn't happen?

Old 01-15-2018, 05:07 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
OK then. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is what being a liberal democrat and GOP anti-Trump is all about.^^^^^^^^^^^^

Once again the voter is disrespected for their opinion and views that are different.

Group think from the collective.
Jeff Flake is a real conservative, his credentials are rock solid.

The fact that he calls out Mr Trump may be embarrassing to you but he speaks the truth on the subject of Trump and people need to accept that.

Sorry, but Trump deserves all the criticism he receives, he has only himself to blame. It's not your fault, my fault or Jeff Flakes fault, it's on Trump entirely.

Old 01-15-2018, 05:20 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Stalin was our ally

Old 01-15-2018, 05:24 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Stalin was our ally
Yes, but only after he was allied with Hitler. Our relationship with Mr. Stalin fell after the end of WWII.

As for Senator Flake: I would be more impressed with his impending speech if 1) he were running for re-election; and 2) he didn't vote for every single Trump Court nominee submitted.

Old 01-15-2018, 05:24 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Jeff Flake is a real conservative, his credentials are rock solid.

The fact that he calls out Mr Trump may be embarrassing to you but he speaks the truth on the subject of Trump and people need to accept that.

Sorry, but Trump deserves all the criticism he receives, he has only himself to blame. It's not your fault, my fault or Jeff Flakes fault, it's on Trump entirely.
I didn't vote for a Republican. I voted for the only populist running on the right.

I wouldn't get out of bed to vote for a status quo spineless republican.

Trump is doing a great job. That's why he is being attacked relentlessly.
If there was an actually comparison necessary Stalin wouldn't be in the running. Did Stalin cut taxes, regulation, and return money to millions that earned it ? No. Quite the opposite.

Jeff Flake is an agitator. He and his ilk do nothing positive to move the country forward. I imagine democrats are becoming quite confused supporting real conservatives and the far left at the same time. Its as irrational as it gets.

Last edited by phma; 01-15-2018 at 05:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies