Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 03:37 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,223,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Sadly, you are either misinformed or confused.

The Clinton Foundation has gotten high marks from several charity watchdog groups.

The Trump Foundation, however, has been under investigation for some time now.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...-investigation

The reason you don't see it in the news much is that Trump has stirred up so much other trouble and then there's the Russian/Trump campaign investigation, that it got crowded out.

Only so much band width, you know.
Vanity Fair is the same Leftist outlet that voted Linda Soursar, the pro sharia law radical, person of the year. They are good for laughs only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2018, 03:39 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Vanity Fair is the same Leftist outlet that voted Linda Soursar, the pro sharia law radical, person of the year. They are good for laughs only.
They are still reporting facts.

You are essentially putting your fingers in your ears and chanting Trump Trump Trump to avoid facts. Why do you even bother posting on these threads, if you can't deal with the truth?

Old 01-15-2018, 03:40 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy6879 View Post
it would fit quite well if he got a tax deduction from funding that. Anyone know?

Ah that's right...we don't because of that pesky non-release of tax returns.

As stated above - it doesn't change the rest of what he says and does.
Correct. You don't get to see his tax returns so that your buddies in the media can demagogue some more, and stir up the unwashed masses.....

Old 01-15-2018, 03:43 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

You are essentially putting your fingers in your ears and chanting Trump Trump Trump to avoid facts. Why do you even bother posting on these threads, if you can't deal with the truth?
Regardless of the previous posters opinion of Vanity Fair, Trump Foundation is still under investigation.

This wasn't even a halfway decent deflection.

Old 01-15-2018, 03:44 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
How many people know about this? Trump paid for Sen. Rand Paul and other eye docs to fly to Haiti and Central America to perform sight saving surgery on hundreds of people.

"Paul, an ophthalmologist, cited financial backing Trump provided for visits he and other surgeons made to Haiti and Central America to perform eye surgeries.

" 'I think it's unfair then to sort of all of a sudden paint him, 'Oh, well, he's a racist,' when I know, for a fact, that he cares very deeply about the people in Haiti because he helped finance a trip where we were able to get vision back for 200 people in Haiti,' Paul said."

Sorry that doesn't fit the false narrative of opposition media about Trump being a racist. So be sure to post this on anti-Trump articles so we can educate the Loonies.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-racist-340399

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
If true, nice gesture, but it doesn't negate the other 10,000 things wrong with him.
The Nothing-Can-Ever-Be-Good-Enough version of the Trump Haters reality.

So sad these people are.

Quote:

That's what you people did through eight years of the most corrupt administration in history. Talk about a mosh pit of deflection mania!!

I'm surprised you can even make such a statement without exploding it's so hypocritical.

Dang!

It's official; All self respect has been lost on you people and you don't even care.

Old 01-15-2018, 03:44 PM

1,226 posts, read 633,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amenalot View Post
Durbin is the real villain in all this.
Trump never said anything rude about Haiti publicly.
Durbin has no respect for Haiti and was therefore keen to say it to the media.
Durbin owes Haiti an apology for publicly humiliating them.
At what age do boys stop with the tattle tales, seven or eight years old? Dick the Snitch, never got the memo.

Old 01-15-2018, 03:46 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,223,380 times
Quote:

You mean like all the Trump haters that constantly call him “orange, tRump, buffoon, moron, etc” and claim anything positive about him is fakenews?

Old 01-15-2018, 03:47 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Those demeaning posts on here about Trump really tells us how deranged some of these posters are. Democrats are the name calling party. I consider being called deplorable by them is a compliment. If they don't like it; it has to be good.

Old 01-15-2018, 03:48 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,936,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
How many people know about this? Trump paid for Sen. Rand Paul and other eye docs to fly to Haiti and Central America to perform sight saving surgery on hundreds of people.

"Paul, an ophthalmologist, cited financial backing Trump provided for visits he and other surgeons made to Haiti and Central America to perform eye surgeries.

" 'I think it's unfair then to sort of all of a sudden paint him, 'Oh, well, he's a racist,' when I know, for a fact, that he cares very deeply about the people in Haiti because he helped finance a trip where we were able to get vision back for 200 people in Haiti,' Paul said."

Sorry that doesn't fit the false narrative of opposition media about Trump being a racist. So be sure to post this on anti-Trump articles so we can educate the Loonies.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-racist-340399
I was going to pass on this particular thread, but alas, you are simply begging to be educated, and as a former college teacher, I never could or can turn down someone who begs for knowledge. Tag! You're it!

A democracy requires an informed citizenry in order to work. A people who become overly complacent or gullible or prefer partisan explanations at the expense of the well-being of their country will soon find themselves residents of a country that has more in common with a Banana Republic than it does with an actual democracy.

The first rule is to be skeptical of EVERYTHING. Don't go into a coma and swallow a bunch of lies just because they were perpetuated on your favorite news outlet, be it Fox or MSNBC. If a politician from either side makes a claim, check to see if the claim is valid, not some fairy tale that enhances the latest 15 minutes of fame for the media and/or a politician with an election to win.

When I read Rand Paul's claim, I wondered right away if he had any proof of Trump's so-called "generosity." So me and my faithful pal, Google, took a little trip thru yesteryear on the Internet. Interestingly enough, the main reporting on Trump's financing of Rand Paul's good deeds came from Breitbart.

This story was put out by the good people at Breitbart in 2015:

~snip~
He [Rand Paul] has not relented in his criticism of Trump in recent days since the debate. On Monday evening he held a press call with reporters attacking Trump’s record. And over the weekend in South Carolina, Paul hammered away at Trump.

“I can’t imagine Donald Trump even knowing what a tea party is,” Paul said, according to the Washington Post. “Where is our sense? Where is our common sense? This is a guy who was pro-choice before he was pro-life. This is a guy who was liberal before he was conservative. This is a guy who was a Democrat before he was a Republican before he was a Democrat before was an independent before was a Republican again.”

Paul is set to go to Haiti this coming weekend for a several day trip to perform charity surgeries.
On the floor of the spin room after the debate—after initial refusal to answer from Paul and his team—Paul’s communications director confirmed to Breitbart News that the exact dollar amount of Trump’s donation so Paul could do the Guatemala charity surgery was $10,000. Sergio Gor, Paul’s spokesman, also confirmed that Paul did solicit the donation from Trump for the Moran Eye Center at the University of Utah
. ~snip~

Now isn't that interesting. Rand Paul was a definite foe of Trump a mere two years ago and the amount of money Trump donated for Paul's first medical trip to Guatemala was a mere $10,000. Parking meter change to a man of Trump's wealth. I am ever so not impressed. BTW, I could find no reputable source to confirm whatever amount Trump gave for the Haitian trip, but I'm sure he was just as generous with Haiti as he was with Guatamala. I bet you he contributed a generous $10,000 to the Haitians, as well.

Then Google pointed me to an article in the Huffington Post which explained just how Trump's charitable foundation works:

~snip~
But the story of [Trump's] charity, the Donald J. Trump Foundation, illustrates a different side of Trump. Donors give money to the foundation; the billionaire scratches their backs and uses their money to burnish his ego and, more recently, his political reputation...

The Trump Foundation, which was founded in 1987, received more than $12 million in contributions from 2001 to 2014, the years for which federal tax records are publicly available. Trump provided less than a quarter of that — and since 2008, he hasn’t given the Trump Foundation a dime.

Instead, the foundation’s money has come from people and companies that do business with Trump or want something from him. In 2006, People magazine gave the foundation $150,000. Trump gave the magazine exclusive photos of his newborn son, Barron, in April of that year.

NBC Universal gave the foundation $10,000 in 2007 and another $500,000 in 2012. Trump’s popular reality shows “The Apprentice” and “The Celebrity Apprentice” aired on NBC from 2004 to 2015.
~snip~

It's pretty easy to be generous with other people's money, but to this very day, Trump has never let the American people know just how generous he is since he STILL refuses to release his tax returns. He could have given Rand Paul a dollar to go to Haiti or a million of them. Only Rand Paul, Trump and possibly the IRS know for sure.

What I find most interesting of all is the way that Rand Paul has backed away from his open scorn of Trump which he made absolutely no secret of a mere two years ago. Is Paul concerned that even Kentuckians - a group well known for cowering on their bellies in front of their elected leaders - may finally revolt and bite the hand that refuses them education, job training and medical care? Have the folks back in Goldbug finally become weary of staring at closed coal mines and the hilltop removal of much of the Kentucky Mountains by Peabody Coal? Frankly, I doubt it. Kentuckians thrive on their despair, but Rand Paul apparently wants to build his war chest just in case and who better to hand over the graft money than Trump?

The world is not as black and white as some folks around here wish it was. This story has so many shades of grey that it could blend in at an old folk's home. And your "loonies" are the ones who suffer from dementia.

You treat those who oppose your world view with contempt at your own peril. There are many of us on the left who know how to follow the facts and your own side is lazy beyond all belief. If Breitbart says it, it must be true. Oh, wait! Never mind. Steve Bannon is going to lose the midterms, never mind the 2020 election for ya'll before you even know what hit you.

And remember - January is adopt a Kentuckian month.

Old 01-15-2018, 03:50 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
CNN will report that Trump traveled to Haiti and paid people to stab Haitians in the eyes.

I like sick humor!

"I saw them. Men wearing white masks and holding knives. They were weird knives I've never seen before, like for a ritual killing. They called them "scalpels!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies