Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 12:57 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I've been wondering the same thing. I don't understand why anyone is arguing about this, or trying to blame it on anything other than the ***hole parents. How anyone could politicize this is beyond me.

Agree. More silliness from the right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Would it be intellectually superior or inferior for a state to pass laws that are harmful to their citizens.

Imagine if the girl that escaped was beat down emotionally to the point that she couldn't use the phone to call the police or was confused if it was allowed by law to report such activity.

After all she is reporting on a crime and criminals and cooperating with the police. Not always acceptable in Ca. by laws recently passed. .

Isn't that what being progressive is all about ? Progress down a path creating chaos until a point of insanity and achieve a complete breakdown in society so it can be reformed into utopia.
It's so stupid to blame this on a state. Child abuse happens in every single state in America. Abusive parents live in all 50 states and in every single race.

Should we blame WV and Texas where they are from?

Just dumb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2018, 01:02 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,866,932 times
It's obviously a conservative family.

Old 01-16-2018, 01:10 PM

19,610 posts, read 12,212,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
It's obviously a conservative family.
So? They were living and home schooling in a liberal state. Let's call it a wash.

Old 01-16-2018, 01:12 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,640,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Let's talk reality....

The Couple was from WV - and then moved to TX.
Why is no one blaming the states of West Virginia and Texas for this couple's horrifying behavior? After all, they obviously were mistreating their children for many, many years, given the ages of the oldest ones.

So, it would seem that if we're going to blame the STATE they lived in for these monsters' actions, we should also blame WV and TX.

According to the grandparents, the couple were Pentecostals. I do not believe that we should blame their actions on their religion. I know many kind, loving Pentecostal families here in California (yes, California!). So, let's not brand ALL members of a religion with the same iron just because a few members do horrible, unspeakable things.

Old 01-16-2018, 01:14 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,640,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
So? They were living and home schooling in a liberal state. Let's call it a wash.
Before they moved to California three years ago, they lived and home schooled in two conservative states (WV and TX).

So, yes, I agree, let's call it a wash.

This couple could have lived on the moon, and they still would have abused their children.

Old 01-16-2018, 01:14 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Let's talk reality....

1. The Couple was from WV - and then moved to TX.
2. Considering #1, it is highly likely they are "Christians of some sort", especially with so many kids.
3. Moving from WV to TX is a dead giveaway - liberals don't do that.
4. Filing Bankruptcy in TX - and still having money for a big house? They must be personal friends with Trump.

Let's face it. These people are criminal AND crazy...my guess is in some kind of fundie way, given the home schooling and all I have list above.

Those not agreeing.....well, you are probably wrong!
Boy are you off the board with your comments.OK, I can understand the part about moving from WV to Texas, but the rest: holy cow and the last paragraph would be funny if your thinking wasn't so far off. If we don't agree with you we are probably wrong. You don't think much of yourself do you? Oh, I do agree they are criminals and pretty darn crazy at that.

Old 01-16-2018, 01:24 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,644,356 times
People are funny. Cracking me up really.

They blame it on Christians or Christianity, bankruptcy, fundie or schooling, TX and WV.

But what ever you do don't blame it on Ca.

Ha ha ha

How about family values ? Any blame there ?

Old 01-16-2018, 01:30 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,446,358 times
Quote:
People are funny. Cracking me up really.

They blame it on Christians or Christianity, bankruptcy, fundie or schooling, TX and WV.

But what ever you do don't blame it on Ca.

Ha ha ha

How about family values ? Any blame there ?
You're the tool who is taking a specific family crime situation and trying to use it as a political stick to bash California - which speaks a lot to your character. Ease into it pretending like you just want to highlight how bad it is...we see what you're really trying to do here.

If this had happened in Texas, I'm sure you would not have started this thread.

This is an abhorrent crime that should be persecuted, and it has nothing to do with politics.

Old 01-16-2018, 01:37 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,644,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
What recently passed laws? I'm not being snarky, I'm genuinely curious.
We shouldn't mention anything specific about that here. Feel free to research it.

Its possibly a topic for another forum and we don't encroach here.

Its better to exercise good faith and cooperation in it. .

Old 01-16-2018, 01:39 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,553,730 times
Quote:
We shouldn't mention anything specific about that here. Feel free to research it.

Its possibly a topic for another forum and we don't encroach here.

Its better to exercise good faith and cooperation in it. .
In other words, you're full of it. And you know it. Why? Because there are no laws that were passed like that. So you deliberately lied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies