Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 07:37 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy
Even worse. It took 2 posts before someone completely ignored China's actions and tried to make it about the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Pardon me - I assumed when we are talking politics we are talking how it related to the modern world and especially the USA.

Are you saying that these stories are for our reading and then we should apply them to S. Africa?

Craigiri, it was a slam meant for me and not worth getting upset about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2018, 07:46 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Talking about dealing with problems...

------------------
Chinese government authorities have banned Muslim children from attending religious events during winter break, in a county in western China that is mostly populated by Muslims.

The notification for the ban has been posted online by the education bureau, as authorities step up their suppression of religious freedoms.

China bans Muslim children from Quran classes | News | Al Jazeera
Big government.

The left should learn that when government is given too much power....

Old 01-17-2018, 07:55 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,600,002 times
Quote:
That's another thing (radical communists do not like religions). But there was no killing for religious reasons.

Also, China basically had no government during the cultural revolution. It is incorrect to say Mao did all the damage himself, although he should be responsible.
So why were 2000 Hiui Muslims massacred by the PLA in Shadian?

Who was guarding China's nukes during the Cultural Revolution if China had no government? Someone kept them out of the hands of the Red Guards, who if they'd gotten ahold of them would probably have used them against Vladivostok or Tokyo.

Old 01-17-2018, 07:59 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Islam came directly out of Christianity, just not out of Western Christianity. It came out of Nestorian Christianity.

Marx was definitely a westerner as Germany is part of Western Europe. Trier, his home town, is far closer to France than it is to Poland, and Cologne, where he began his poltiical and intellectual activities, is closer to Belgium and the Netherlands (and France) than it is to Poland.
I don't think so. Marx was ancestrally Jewish. If I lived in China, that wouldn't make me or my ideas Easterner or oriental. He was considered a radical and unwelcome for his ideas.

Old 01-17-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I don't think so. Marx was ancestrally Jewish. If I lived in China, that wouldn't make me or my ideas Easterner or oriental. He was considered a radical and unwelcome for his ideas.
How was Marx not German?

Yes he was an enemy of the German government and driven out of Germany but that does not make him any less German. Prussian citizen (there was no unified Germany yet), German speaker, product of the German educational system, thoroughly German in his thought, wrote in the German language.

Old 01-17-2018, 08:05 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Things like this usually end up causing more problems than it solves.

But it ain’t my country, so whatever.

Old 01-17-2018, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
China also has millions of. Jones’s in Islamic countries, I pray heir isn’t backlash against the Chinese populations of Malaysia and Indonesia. Also as someone else pointed out their is also Hui Muslims who are her peaceful and no -violent compared to Ughyur, again even in China the groups all vary in extremeist beliefs. I wonder if mtl1 will be happy when China uses this same logic to continue to persecute Chinese Christians.
I've already stated I don't hold Islam in the same esteem as most any other religion. I don't like that China persecutes Christians, but Christianity is basically foreign to China and while mostly harmless some Christians have beliefs that are harmful for conserving a culture and nation, so as far as I'm concerned that's China's business.

Old 01-17-2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
How was Marx not German?

Yes he was an enemy of the German government and driven out of Germany but that does not make him any less German. Prussian citizen (there was no unified Germany yet), German speaker, product of the German educational system, thoroughly German in his thought, wrote in the German language.
Because German is an ethnicity (or at least it use to be) and Marx ethnicity was Jewish and he lived in several W. European countries even stateless as a radical. If I moved to Israel and tried to upheave their culture and society, you wouldn't call me a Jew or a product of Israel.

Old 01-17-2018, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Because German is an ethnicity (or at least it use to be) and Marx ethnicity was Jewish and he lived in several W. European countries even stateless as a radical. If I moved to Israel and tried to upheave their culture and society, you wouldn't call me a Jew or a product Israel.
Ashkenazics are descended from mixing between Jews and Germanic tribes with some Roman in there too, so they aren't foreign to Western Europe. There are very few "pure" Europeans, other than Basques.

Marx lived in Belgium, France, and Britain after fleeing Germany - and almost moved to the USA - but that did not make him any less German. He didn't stop speaking or writing in German and his ideology didn't change.

If you moved to Israel you'd still be American, thus Marx wherever he moved was still German.

Last edited by majoun; 01-17-2018 at 08:35 PM..

Old 01-17-2018, 08:30 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,582,733 times
Quote:
For both liberals and conservatives, hating China is politically correct.
No, it is not.

The US has always maintained an "Open Door" policy with China and wishes always for better relations with China.

It was China, not the US, who cut off diplomatic relations in 1949.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies