Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite fake news event. See below for description
Krugman economy forecast disaster 7 17.07%
Brian Ross false report 1 2.44%
CNN lies about Wikileaks access 1 2.44%
Time lies about MLK bust removal 0 0%
Wa Post lies about rally 0 0%
CNN edits fish feeding video to support their hate 6 14.63%
CNN lies about Russian meeting 0 0%
Newsweek lies about snub by Polish First Lady 0 0%
CNN false report on Comey investigation 0 0%
NY Times lies about climate report 1 2.44%
The eternal Russia Collusion 25 60.98%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 08:35 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,267,585 times

Advertisements

Heil Trumpf! Down with the free press! We only follow state media (Fox News, Breitbart, Trumpf's twitter feed). Long live the orange fuhrer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 07:00 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,508,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
the post is the standard right wing myth. CNN was reporting....

With one day to go before Election Day, CNN's Poll of Polls shows Clinton leading Trump by a narrow 4-point margin: 46% to 42%.
CNN reporting ?
I don't think so.
Haven't seen this anywhere on CNN yet.

GOP lawmakers demand that 'alarming' memo on FISA abuses be made public | Fox News

Old 01-19-2018, 08:38 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
https://twitter.com/krassenstein/sta...21244402511872

Old 01-19-2018, 08:59 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
What, no FOX News choices?

Old 01-19-2018, 09:03 AM

30,350 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
And spot-on. I like the way he even called out the individual liars by name. That was a nice touch.

As I'm sure everyone expected, CNN dominated the awards. Congratulations CNN. Your unrelenting very fake news will serve as an inspiration to leftists and propaganda fraud networks for years to come. I look forward to your coverage of Trump's re-election in 2020.
I loved Trump pointing out the liars and deceivers that the Left depend on. I've become convinced that Trump is the greatest President of my lifetime, sorry Reagan.

Old 01-19-2018, 09:05 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Cool Vote for your favorite fake news event.

1)tRump: "Obama wiretapped me!"
2) tRump: "Biggest inauguration crowd EVER!"
3) tRump: "I won the popular vote!"
4) tRump: "Mexico will pay for the wall!"
5) tRump: "I'm a very stable genius."

Can you see the pattern emerging?

Old 01-19-2018, 09:10 AM

30,350 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
1)tRump: "Obama wiretapped me!"
2) tRump: "Biggest inauguration crowd EVER!"
3) tRump: "I won the popular vote!"
4) tRump: "Mexico will pay for the wall!"
5) tRump: "I'm a very stable genius."

Can you see the pattern emerging?

Yep...Trump is killin it every day and driving Demonic Rats insane

Old 01-19-2018, 09:59 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,631,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
the post is the standard right wing myth. CNN was reporting....

With one day to go before Election Day, CNN's Poll of Polls shows Clinton leading Trump by a narrow 4-point margin: 46% to 42%.

the quoted post is very typical of the average trumper. the poll was not a CNN poll is was a POLL OF POLLS, ie the average across all polls

and it was not from 1 day before the election it was from 1 day before Comey released a statement saying the FBI was looking into a new cache of emails (which later turned out to be nothing)..

ie the poll ivmench is posting does not reflect CNN's polls and was not from the day before. However lots of right winger like to pretend the polls were off because it soothes their egos ..

the reality is the post comey polls were damn close and were CLOSER than they were in 2012..

and unlike the poster i quote i am posting actual links to actual data..

this link is pretty neutral, it talks of the shortcomings of polling , how 2016 was closer than 2012 and how polling over the last 50 years is pretty close. etc. the primary point though it that the polling was very very close to the outcome in 2016.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.180914b9219a

Quote:
One last look: 2016 polls actually got a lot right

Ironically, all 12 polls that had Clinton ahead turned out to be closer to the final outcome than the poll that had Trump ahead. While that may seem crazy — since Trump, not Clinton, is headed to the White House — it's true. The poll that put Trump ahead (by 2 points) was off by 4.1 points, while polls that gave Clinton the lead were off anywhere from only one-tenth of a point to less than 4 points.

National polling did much better in 2016 than in 2012, when the average of the final polls in the contest between President Obama and GOP nominee Mitt Romney was off by more than 3 points. Polls showed Obama winning the popular vote by only seven-tenths of a point, and on Election Day he captured a wider 3.9-point vote margin.

One last look: 2016 polls actually got a lot right | TheHill

Old 01-19-2018, 10:56 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
the quoted post is very typical of the average trumper. the poll was not a CNN poll is was a POLL OF POLLS, ie the average across all polls

and it was not from 1 day before the election it was from 1 day before Comey released a statement saying the FBI was looking into a new cache of emails (which later turned out to be nothing)..

ie the poll ivmench is posting does not reflect CNN's polls and was not from the day before. However lots of right winger like to pretend the polls were off because it soothes their egos ..

the reality is the post comey polls were damn close and were CLOSER than they were in 2012..

and unlike the poster i quote i am posting actual links to actual data..

this link is pretty neutral, it talks of the shortcomings of polling , how 2016 was closer than 2012 and how polling over the last 50 years is pretty close. etc. the primary point though it that the polling was very very close to the outcome in 2016.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.180914b9219a
You are of course correct but that is irrelevant to my post where the subject was what CNN reported close to the election. The excerpt is a direct quote from a CNN report.

And I still cannot find a Krugman report of a Trump economy disaster. I am curious if one exists. It was of course opinion not news.

Old 01-19-2018, 12:57 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
OTHER: Trump is the source of more fake news than the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies