Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 06:55 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Americans tend to like divided government.

I think we are most fiscally responsible when we have a Democrat President and Republican Congress.
I agree on divided government. However the current GOP and their political idea of doing nothing under a Dem. President was harmful to the country. The only good thing was the sequestration agreement to cut spending equally. Current group seems to be unable to corral their POTUS and actually get an idea of what to pass. Time for that Dem. House and Senate.

They should pass bills requiring compromise and force POTUS to put up or shut up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2018, 07:06 AM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
anyone who denies the gop could be in big trouble in 2018 is in denial. the house will likely flip democrat unless voters become focused on the growing economy, jobs growth, and more money in their pocket due to their income tax cuts instead of a personal dislike for trump.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:11 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Post said Hillary Clinton was a lock to win Presidency.......yawn
I am sure this talking point was suggested to you by Rush, but it is a red herring.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:12 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.58ba8e92944c

Analyses like this one show me that many Trump Republicans are vastly overstating their leader's position as a president of the people. I think it would be wise of moderate Republicans to publicly distance themselves from Trump in order to keep their seats after this year's election.

If the Democrats allow a shut down of our government over a bunch of foreign invaders they will be the ones worrying about their seats not the GOP.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
anyone who denies the gop could be in big trouble in 2018 is in denial. the house will likely flip democrat unless voters become focused on the growing economy, jobs growth, and more money in their pocket due to their income tax cuts instead of a personal dislike for trump.
The GOP is still in a very strong position due to gerrymandering, so things could be worse.

People really and truly dislike Trump, and that is a big problem, no way to sugar coat that. The tax cut is not very large for ordinary Americans, mine was swallowed up by an increase in my health insurance deduction so my paycheck barely looks any different, if that happens to a significant number of people it will blunt the positive affect.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:29 AM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,767 times
Around here, there is voter dissatisfaction with the GOP, where I am perplexed is with more and more voters I speak with wanted to switch to Democrat because the GOP was not conservative enough for them. I get independents wanting to switch with the hopes that the ACA will finally be killed if they flip Congress.......really?

Old 01-18-2018, 07:30 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
The GOP is still in a very strong position due to gerrymandering, so things could be worse.

People really and truly dislike Trump, and that is a big problem, no way to sugar coat that. The tax cut is not very large for ordinary Americans, mine was swallowed up by an increase in my health insurance deduction so my paycheck barely looks any different, if that happens to a significant number of people it will blunt the positive affect.

Oh so have the excuses ready if you don't pick up as many seats as you like?

Old 01-18-2018, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Analyses like this one show me that many Trump Republicans are vastly overstating their leader's position as a president of the people. I think it would be wise of moderate Republicans to publicly distance themselves from Trump in order to keep their seats after this year's election.
Most people I know do not identify with his core message, and Trump has not made any attempt to broaden his appeal, he just repeats himself as if he were still on the primary campaign. Those political candidates which have strongly identified with Trump will barely get a lift.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:33 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times
The Washington Post is just the mouthpiece of far left Jeff Bezos of Amazon fame. Another Soros. These guys are Bond villains, and even look like them!

Old 01-18-2018, 07:34 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.58ba8e92944c

The 2 recent losses that Democrats are boasting as the fall of the Republicans, the republican candidates were not big Trump supporters and distanced themselves from Trump in ways that made them not electable.

Jeff Flake knows why he would not win a primary, much less a general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies