Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is at fault for the shutdown?
House/Senate Majority Republicans 138 37.50%
Democrats 171 46.47%
Both 59 16.03%
Voters: 368. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 06:02 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Cool, so you really do just believe what the media tells you lol.
Harvard's Poll is accurate, and reflects the NY Times, AP's, etc., headlines. /shrug

#SchumerShutdown
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2018, 06:03 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Well, my language is not of alternative facts as yours is. Now are you for polls before you were against them?
You made this statement: "The blame is squarely with the Republicans, especially Trump." So I simply went to a post that was made previously that quoted a CNN poll: CNN poll: DACA not worth a shutdown, except to Democrats - CNNPolitics. You are right that I do not like CNN; but you don't like FOX so there was no reason for me to use a poll that you don't like. Of course you now don't like CNN because they contradict your assumption!

That is the problem in a nutshell; nobody can admit they are wrong!

Old 01-20-2018, 06:03 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
According to a CNN poll being reported the Dems are at fault for the shutdown over DACA.

CNN Poll: 56 Percent Say Don't Shut Down Government to Save DACA | National Review
^^^ This. It's the Dems fault. Enough about DACA. They need to go back with their parents to their home countries... which (according to the outraged Dems, aren't sh*thole countries) and make those countries better with their free US education. America doesn't need these DACA parasites.

Old 01-20-2018, 06:05 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
The Democrats claim the mantle of "The Resistance." Therefore, there is no question who is responsible for this shut down. They own it by their own self-claimed agenda, "Resist."

Old 01-20-2018, 06:11 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Just checked the website of 600 monitored Twitter accounts linked to Russian influence operations.

#SchumerShutdown is trending heavily on these accounts.

Republicans have their Russian supports working it on social media.

Old 01-20-2018, 06:14 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Just checked the website of 600 monitored Twitter accounts linked to Russian influence operations.

We can't be wrong; let's do a little deflection again!

Old 01-20-2018, 06:17 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
You made this statement: "The blame is squarely with the Republicans, especially Trump." So I simply went to a post that was made previously that quoted a CNN poll: CNN poll: DACA not worth a shutdown, except to Democrats - CNNPolitics. You are right that I do not like CNN; but you don't like FOX so there was no reason for me to use a poll that you don't like. Of course you now don't like CNN because they contradict your assumption!

That is the problem in a nutshell; nobody can admit they are wrong!
From your link:

21% blame Trump

26% blame GOP Congress

31% Democrats

47% blame the GOP Congress and Trump.

Personally, I think the shutdown is a massive mistake, and that it is too early to assess blame. My view whether rightly or wrongly is that Trump is to blame as do 21% apparently.

As time goes on who knows where the final blame will rest. High stakes for both parties. My feeling it will be Trump.

I admit it is a very dangerous game for Democrats if al their cards are on passage of DACA.

The PR war is now fully engaged.

Last edited by TreeBeard; 01-20-2018 at 06:27 AM..

Old 01-20-2018, 06:17 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

Of course. You see a lot of similar repetition in this thread.

Old 01-20-2018, 06:25 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
This will hurt the dems come mid terms, and they were actually looking pretty good to win some seats....not all that sure now. Thanks idiots!
In 2013 the Republicans were at fault for that shutdown. Had to do with an funding issue on the PPACA. It didn't seem to hurt them at all, although it was widely proclaimed that it would.

Voters have fairly short memories. Enjoy your high today, no one will even think about it in November.

Old 01-20-2018, 06:29 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
What voters will remember in ten months, if they remember at all, is either the Republicans shut down the government or the Democrats tricked the Republicans into shutting down the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies