Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is at fault for the shutdown?
House/Senate Majority Republicans 138 37.50%
Democrats 171 46.47%
Both 59 16.03%
Voters: 368. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 08:32 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
SO are you supporting giveing financial support to scofflaws if not outright criminals????

No, my preference is for a wall plus no DACA. If there must be a DACA compromise of some sort, I want working class compensation which will never happen because neither party really cares about the working class.

A wall plus no DACA is the only thing which can prevent rents from necessarily skyrocketing as a result of the tax cuts - the continued presence of ~800,000 DREAMers is a major contributor to excessive rents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2018, 08:32 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,348,063 times
An apropos Twitter from (now) President Trump, from 2013:

Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...091776?lang=en

Old 01-20-2018, 08:34 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Not because of daca.....unlike the dems....who care more about illegals than extending the 6 year food bill....

chucky shummer owns this shutdown.....period....
Hahhahhahahahah

Old 01-20-2018, 08:35 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
I guess I won’t be returning my book to the Library of Congress today.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:37 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
A Govt shut down is not nearly as significant as many believe it is, heck, most of the people Ive ran into earlier today were not even aware it was shut down yet, those that did know, didnt seem to care that much.

It’s pretty significant. Especially in the military world. There are some who are away at training or at schools who are about to be sent homenif a deal is not reached. There are some in other countries on a deployment who will not Be reimbursed for their food and any other things until this is over.
I am about to wake my kids up early so I can avoid the crazy at the commissary because if no deal is reached they will be shutting it down.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:38 AM

736 posts, read 353,555 times
The BBC is blaming the Democrats for including DACA as a requirement to help pass the budget, which requires 60 votes.

US shutdown: Trump and Democrats blame each other - BBC News

Other foreign news papers are saying the same from Japanese to French news medias. All polls so far show that this will hurt the Democrats far more than the Republicans.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:39 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Shutting the government down over people here in violation of law.

Smart

No, it is over young people who want desperately to become US CITIZENS, but who were born somewhere else. They had no voice in the manner that got them here, they were children......children who only know America as their home.

The problem is, your side sees every one of them as gangbangers, rapists, and drug dealers. Very natural, because those are the words from your leader (and you NEVER question your leader). The reality is, the vast majority of these young people are hard working, honest, and many are attending colleges and schools to make themselves better able to be self sufficient and productive members of society.

Stop being so frickin' narrow minded and uncaring. These people are not hurting anyone, and in a lot of cases, they are contributing to making America better. Do I expect you to accept that ? About as much as I expect to jump off a roof and fly today.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:39 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Hahhahhahahahah
Who knew....no answer....

Just like no answer for the shummer shutdown....the dems own it.....

Old 01-20-2018, 08:40 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
The meeting between Schumer and POTUS getting out. They had an agreement till he left and POTUS started changing his little mind.

Empty Barrel Kelly did not like the DACA provisions.

POTUS got what he wanted a Govt. shut down.
Schumer wasn't the last person to talk to him. I've no doubt that Trump nodded his head - assured Schumer that they had an agreement . . and THEN . someone else whispered in his ear.

That's how the 'great negotiator' works. It's a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
The only flailing is from the republican side that can’t govern and is now nervously trying to pin their lack of governing on the minority party.

By the way, did all senate republicans vote for funding
?

Excellent question. I doubt any Trumpie will respond. NO, they did not.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:40 AM

4,663 posts, read 4,549,540 times
I was born in NYC, lived there most of my life and never thought of Trump as a great businessman (he’s a gambler who takes credit for wins and throws people under the bus when he loses). So this made me laugh.

https://twitter.com/christophurious/...08200489222145
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies