Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is at fault for the shutdown?
House/Senate Majority Republicans 138 37.50%
Democrats 171 46.47%
Both 59 16.03%
Voters: 368. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 10:09 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,747,375 times

Advertisements

It sickens me how the dems prioritize 800k dreamers over 320 million Americans. They are more concerned about protecting their 800k future voters than our military or the safety of American citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2018, 10:11 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,606,770 times
Of course, if the wall IS built, then how many hundred thousand illegal aliens of the next 20+ years will we not have to pay to educate, give health care, police, social services etc.?

The wall pays for itself. Even BEFORE Mexico starts paying tariffs Trump gets through Congress.

Last edited by Roboteer; 01-22-2018 at 10:37 PM..

Old 01-22-2018, 10:12 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Of course, if the wall IS built, then how many hundred thousand illegal aliens of the next 20+ yers will we not have to pay to educate, give health care, police, social services etc.?

The wall pays for itself. Even BEFORE Mexico starts paying tariffs Trump gets through Congress.
There won't be tariffs.

It's estimated to reduce illegal immigration by 8%-10%.

The wall isn't going all the way.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:13 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
How nice to know that if we don't fund the wall, we won't be leaving them with an enormous debt to pay.

Oh, wait....
Maybe Trump should just pay for it with his own money, instead of ours. It was his idea and he certainly could afford it.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:15 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
It's disgusting that Democrats were willing to allow the government to be shut down on behalf of illegal immigrants. What does that say about the Democrats priorities?

I usually do vote for Democrats, but events like this make me strongly reconsider.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:18 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It's disgusting that Democrats were willing to allow the government to be shut down on behalf of illegal immigrants. What does that say about the Democrats priorities?

I usually do vote for Democrats, but events like this make me strongly reconsider.
It's disgusting that Republicans used Chip as a bargaining tool and refused to implement legislation on Saturday to look after the military.

Both sides used DACA & CHIP as bargaining tools and that's disgusting.

The fact you think only one side is disgusting shows how low Americans have gone.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:30 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:

What is says about Democrats, is that they are compassionate and care about the people in this country. These kids were brought here by their parents when they were young. They grew up here, this is the only home they have even known and they consider themselves Americans. Sending them to a country they know nothing about is just cruel. Who are the Christians here. Republicans always claimed they were but they really aren't. You think liberals are atheists but they have more compassion and empathy for there fellow man than any Republican does.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:31 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It's disgusting that Republicans used Chip as a bargaining tool and refused to implement legislation on Saturday to look after the military.

Both sides used DACA & CHIP as bargaining tools and that's disgusting.

The fact you think only one side is disgusting shows how low Americans have gone.
No, it's just my opinion. CHIP wouldn't have been a bargaining tool if Democrats hadn't been interested in protecting the illegals who take advantage of our generous society.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:33 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
No, it's just my opinion. CHIP wouldn't have been a bargaining tool if Democrats hadn't been interested in protecting the illegals who take advantage of our generous society.
The only way CHIP wasn't gong to be used as a bargaining tool if they had automatically renewed it back in the fall instead of hanging on to it for leverage.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:39 PM

3,838 posts, read 1,786,202 times
Quote:

I completely agree with you. Democrats used to be against illegal immigration--- whatever gave them the idea this is the new narrative going forward?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies