Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Agree?
Yes 49 74.24%
No 15 22.73%
Not Sure 2 3.03%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 09:21 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post

Haitians were removed from a list of foreigners able to able for the visas. This has nothing to do with low-skilled US citizens. This is simply a move against Haitians.
Haiti, Samoa and Belize were listed...all have high levels of abuse and fraud of the visa program.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2018, 09:22 AM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I didn't ask for your O-P-I-N-I-O-N.

I asked WHY Trump imports workers because someone stated "we have too many people that need jobs who are citizens".
This has been explained many times. These are temp workers for the summer in FL. Not unusual there during the summer as the tourists flood in and there are not enough resident workers to go around. Most don't want a job for 3 or 4 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Then why does the President allow MaraLago to import low skilled workers?

I don't know if there are Americans put out of work because of low skilled workers coming in.
I know many put out of work because of illegal aliens coming in, as that is typical of our area. In the tourist areas, there are worker shortages, that is a long standing issue.

Foreigners are using the temp visas to get their foot in the door and not leave. That is the issue. With countries that abuse the system, we need to shut them down. We already have enough people in the country not following our laws without importing more. The costs of pursuing the illegal aliens, which they are at the point the visa expires is also overwhelming us.

If someone can't afford to run a business with legal labor, they can't afford to run a business.

Old 01-18-2018, 09:24 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Ahh bubbles -- they can't find low skilled workers in my neck of the woods. Economy is booming and jobs available everywhere. Folks can't seem to get unskilled laborers that want to work.

Old 01-18-2018, 09:27 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
This has been explained many times. These are temp workers for the summer in FL. Not unusual there during the summer as the tourists flood in and there are not enough resident workers to go around. Most don't want a job for 3 or 4 months.
Well, IF the statement "we have too many people that need jobs who are citizens" is true, you've explained nothing. Or would you have us believe 3-4 months of work isn't better than no work? IF Trump really is "America First", WHY can't he import American workers from other parts of the US to do those jobs?

Old 01-18-2018, 09:29 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,951,705 times
Trump is all about “Do as I say, not as I do”. He wants to ban foreigners yet he gets work visas approved for 70 foreigners for his resorts.

Old 01-18-2018, 09:29 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I didn't ask for your O-P-I-N-I-O-N.

I asked WHY Trump imports workers because someone stated "we have too many people that need jobs who are citizens".
Ads were placed in the Palm Beach Post for workers in July.
The request for the visa workers was placed in November.

Local folks had first crack at applying for those jobs. Even offered housing at $50/week.

Old 01-18-2018, 09:32 AM

33,553 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Lefties mantra, bring immigrants over to take a job from an American.

Old 01-18-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Trump is all about “Do as I say, not as I do”. He wants to ban foreigners yet he gets work visas approved for 70 foreigners for his resorts.

Don't forget that in TrumpLandia, when Trump makes his clothing line in China with cheap labor it's 'good business', when Ford wants to make cars in Mexico with cheap labor it's 'UN-American! '.

Last edited by burdell; 01-18-2018 at 09:42 AM..

Old 01-18-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
Ads were placed in the Palm Beach Post for workers in July.
The request for the visa workers was placed in November.

Local folks had first crack at applying for those jobs. Even offered housing at $50/week.

Why only local Americans, WHY weren't ads placed all around the US? IF Mr. 'America First' can import workers from other countries, WHY not from other US states?

Old 01-18-2018, 09:36 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,791,886 times
This is not controversial, big business is abusing these visas to save money on labor costs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies