Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 08:22 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Well, I guess that explains the Trump phenomenon. People voting on imaginary issues which have no foundation in reality. Why the hell isn't Trump tweeting about wood burning stoves right this very moment instead of whatever other drivel he's putting out on social media?

As for rain barrels, this is an issue that has popped up in the perpetually water starved American West. I won't bore folks with the issues which no one would read anyway. But don't get your panties all in a twist over something that you know nothing about, and you'll be fine.

As for gardens, yeah it's been hell having the gestapo come out here and rip out my tomato plants every summer. So, last summer I grew pot instead - no problemo. Thank God for state's rights and Colorado voters.
Not this issue in particular, I mean federal agencies whittling our rights away by sweating the small stuff. And the last time I wore panties my wife threatened to leave me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 08:26 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Not this issue in particular, I mean federal agencies whittling our rights away by sweating the small stuff. And the last time I wore panties my wife threatened to leave me.
Did you look better in them than her?

Old 01-19-2018, 08:28 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Did you look better in them than her?
Depends on who you ask.

Old 01-19-2018, 09:14 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I hate to tell you this - but both states and the feds have been pushing for stricter regs on wood stoves since the 70s. If any of you had actually used wood to heat your home in the past 40 years, you'd know this.
Has not been any push in Missouri.

Old 01-19-2018, 09:20 PM

25,738 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Yet ObamaJets, PelosiLears, and 50-room GorePalaces are perfectly acceptable for the environment.

Old 01-19-2018, 09:52 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Yet ObamaJets, PelosiLears, and 50-room GorePalaces are perfectly acceptable for the environment.
The post again shows the Right Wing approach. When losing the argument introduce the irrelevant.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:04 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times
InfoWars is a reliable source of information.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:08 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Sweeping generalizations make for some rather dramatic but really useless statements.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:18 PM

1,985 posts, read 1,456,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I hate to tell you this - but both states and the feds have been pushing for stricter regs on wood stoves since the 70s. If any of you had actually used wood to heat your home in the past 40 years, you'd know this.
Yep they started talking about in the 70's because it became hugely popular during the energy crisis to burn wood with oil sky high. (my parents installed a combo wood/coal fireplace insert stove because of it) The first EPA regulations on wood stoves were put in place in 1988 during the Reagan administration.
This was basically a tweek on existing rules to add things like wood fired boilers etc to the regs.

You can read the rules here
https://www.epa.gov/residential-wood...quirements-new

The only local rules I know of here in New England are about those outdoor furnaces. And it's mostly due to the owners of a few of them being idiots. Several were burning trash and things like plywood and painted wood they picked up on the side of the highway. This meant the were spewing pretty nasty smoke quite alot of the time. Which made a bunch of towns ban them.

Old 01-20-2018, 11:27 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by East of the River View Post
Yep they started talking about in the 70's because it became hugely popular during the energy crisis to burn wood with oil sky high. (my parents installed a combo wood/coal fireplace insert stove because of it) The first EPA regulations on wood stoves were put in place in 1988 during the Reagan administration.
This was basically a tweek on existing rules to add things like wood fired boilers etc to the regs.

You can read the rules here
https://www.epa.gov/residential-wood...quirements-new

The only local rules I know of here in New England are about those outdoor furnaces. And it's mostly due to the owners of a few of them being idiots. Several were burning trash and things like plywood and painted wood they picked up on the side of the highway. This meant the were spewing pretty nasty smoke quite alot of the time. Which made a bunch of towns ban them.
The first regulations I remember were put in place during the mid-70s, but they must have been local or state. I was living in a place that frequently had winter temperature inversions and also had a lot of pear orchards that burned oil or discarded tires to heat the air to prevent blossom death in the spring. The air could literally turn black overnight. Ugh. We had a reasonably clean-burning wood stove then (probably wouldn't pass muster now). I shudder to remember that we used to burn scrap particle board in it. Our excuse? We were young and ignorant suburban kids teaching ourselves to live the rural life, and we had no clue.

I love wood heat. I also love clean air. The only way to have both is for people to have clean-burning wood stoves/furnaces. I'm all for that.

Last edited by jacqueg; 01-20-2018 at 11:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies