Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support sanctuary cities and states?
Yes 29 11.65%
No 220 88.35%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 06:45 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,959,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Protecting our borders and sovereignty is dehumanizing? Guess every country that has immigration laws more restrictive than ours is guilty then
No, calling people “illegal aliens” in the 21st century is a deliberate attempt at dehumanization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 08:02 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,651,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
No, calling people “illegal aliens” in the 21st century is a deliberate attempt at dehumanization.
With all due respect, I genuinely do not understand this. It is stuff like this that shifted me from liberal to moderate. The term was used for decades and I don't know anyone who was trying to dehumanize anybody when using it. This new PC thing has just gotten out of hand. Or people's skin has gotten a whole lot thinner. I'm almost 60 years old and a woman. Have people said things that offended me at time? Of course. Did they do it on purpose? Some did, some didn't. And I generally know which is which, so I can ignore and even laugh at some of them. But now, it seems, people are just looking to get offended.

Old 01-19-2018, 08:14 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
And "undocumented immigrants" or even "illegal immigrants" isn't a deliberate attempt at manipulating perceptions? Illegal aliens should be shamed for violating our law.

They're not just undocumented and they are not immigrants or residents since they lack authorization. An 'alien' is a legal term for someone not naturalized or a citizen. Someone with say a green card is a legal alien.

Old 01-19-2018, 08:16 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,951,691 times
Quote:

BS!! That is exactly what they are. What is it about "illegal" that you liberals do not understand?? These people are criminals. They broke the law coming here. Come here legally or get your ass thrown out.

I guess liberals think drug dealers are "undocumented pharmacists" huh?

Old 01-19-2018, 08:45 PM

31,027 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
BS!! That is exactly what they are. What is it about "illegal" that you liberals do not understand?? These people are criminals. They broke the law coming here. Come here legally or get your ass thrown out.

I guess liberals think drug dealers are "undocumented pharmacists" huh?
Absolutely they are. And the police are all jack booted Enforcers Many Democrats are going so far Left that they will probably nominate Reverand Wright for thier next presidential candidate

Old 01-19-2018, 08:57 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Totalitarian Mind Control: Criminal qualities became disguised and excused with euphemisms:

“Illegal aliens” became “illegal immigrants” and then “undocumented immigrants” and presto-chango, something bad was magically transformed into something acceptable and/or good.

You've been programmed.

Last edited by petch751; 01-19-2018 at 09:18 PM..

Old 01-19-2018, 09:12 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Brainwashing & mind control techniques...

Politically Correct Speech:
Ex: Silencing opposition through using the race card.

Encouraging blind acceptance and rejection of logic:
Ex: Use of words to encourage blind acceptance of criminal acts. “Illegal aliens” became “illegal immigrants” and then “undocumented immigrants” and presto-chango, something bad was magically transformed into something good.

Accomplishing automatic acceptance of beliefs by SILENCING and discouraging questions:
Ex: Dare question Obama's policy and the race card was pulled out to silence opposition or questioning.

Achieving increased dependence by 'burning bridges' to the past, through the donation of assets:
Ex: The removal of historical statues.

Finger pointing, a false sense of righteousness by pointing to blame others:
Ex: Boooooosh

Old 01-19-2018, 10:31 PM

31,027 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
With all due respect, I genuinely do not understand this. It is stuff like this that shifted me from liberal to moderate. The term was used for decades and I don't know anyone who was trying to dehumanize anybody when using it. This new PC thing has just gotten out of hand. Or people's skin has gotten a whole lot thinner. I'm almost 60 years old and a woman. Have people said things that offended me at time? Of course. Did they do it on purpose? Some did, some didn't. And I generally know which is which, so I can ignore and even laugh at some of them. But now, it seems, people are just looking to get offended.
Its not really that surprising considering the radical leftists and Marxists from the 70s college campuses never went away. They just stayed on campus and became professors. I have some in my family.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:38 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,014,889 times
No.

Old 01-19-2018, 11:14 PM

472 posts, read 325,474 times
If you let too many poor people into a city too fast, it will hamper the city. You can see the detrimental effects of how illegal immigration has degraded Los Angeles. Teachers are too busy trying to teach English to Spanish speaking students. Meanwhile the English speaking students are learning nothing. I know of parents who pulled their kids out of the horrendous LA Unified school system because it's a joke. Also the city can't afford to properly repair streets. Hospitals have closed. Taxes keep going up and it's still not enough. The politicians are corrupt. They'll withhold funding for vital things like emergency services or schools while spending all this money on illegals, then plead for more money. They'll say "Please! This is for the children"! The voters fall for it every time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies