Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support sanctuary cities and states?
Yes 29 11.65%
No 220 88.35%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 09:15 PM

25,786 posts, read 16,422,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It's a State's Rights issue.
Just like abortion and gay marriage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2018, 09:20 PM

26,649 posts, read 28,528,829 times
Immigration is a federal issue. States have no right to undermine that.

Problem is, immigration is very complicated and difficult. If it were more straight forward, people would come here the legal way. But it's a crazy system so people come here illegally. Fix the immigration system. No, I do not support sanctuary cities or states and I have already called my congress people to let them know. (Liberal Democrat here, of course--not all of us/probably most of us do not support illegals but we DO support LEGAL immigration.)

Old 01-18-2018, 09:31 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,518,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Employers and Bosses and guys like Trump who hire foreign workers love these places. I'd say more GOP money supports sanctuary cities than anything else.

Repeat after me. Employers could - in one month - clean up millions of these situations.
But they don't and they won't because.

1. Immigrants work smarter and harder than you.
2. The Bosses make more money this way.

Think of it like organized crime - called the Republican Party and Corporate Profits. It's the very foundation of our country - virtual slavery.
Of course employers could clear it up - we all know that and most of us have posted that we're in favor of fines going into the millions and prison time for anyone hiring them.

Immigrants don't always work harder and smarter, but they do work cheaper and yes, the top dogs make more money that way. There's a reason large companies like Microsoft, Google, Apple, etc. retain in-house attorneys to cover their butts when hiring HB-1 visas.

Both sides of the aisle are crooked and couldn't care less about we, the people. All this finger pointing does nothing to resolve anything. We should all be livid with both parties and start demanding more from them.

Do you have a study you can link to proving your statement that Republicans hire most of the illegals? I'd be interested in seeing it.

Old 01-18-2018, 09:58 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,101,365 times
H-E-double hockey sticks NO.

Old 01-18-2018, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It's a State's Rights issue.
It is not. You immigrate to a COUNTRY, not a state.

Plus, states have open borders, so illegals in California would end up affecting other states as well.

Old 01-18-2018, 10:08 PM

10,360 posts, read 3,960,191 times
Screw sanctuary cities and anyone who supports them while we have American citizens that are homeless or dying because they fell through the cracks. And lets not get started on the VA. I seriously think any politician who pushed for their sanctuary cities over Americans should be arrested and hung for all to see for treason on the American people.

Old 01-18-2018, 11:03 PM

31,927 posts, read 14,919,300 times
I bet most of you posting here consider yourselves Christians. But you don't seem to care about your fellow man at all...it's all about you. How is it that atheists care more about other people than you do.

Old 01-18-2018, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I bet most of you posting here consider yourselves Christians. But you don't seem to care about your fellow man at all...it's all about you. How is it that atheists care more about other people than you do.
Tell me, which countries can poor Americans be rescued by?

None.

America is all they have, because other countries strictly prioritize their own citizens.

Why should America push their own citizens aside in order to mollycoddle illegals with home countries of their own? Are Americans worth less to you than foreigners?

I'm against sanctuary cities/states BECAUSE I care about other Americans.

Old 01-19-2018, 01:59 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,826,567 times
Quote:
1 Timothy 5:8

Quote:
But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
Illegal aliens sure aren't my own or of my house .

Old 01-19-2018, 02:11 AM

7,971 posts, read 7,322,304 times
Quote:

You're not speaking for all atheists (or agnostics).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies