Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support sanctuary cities and states?
Yes 29 11.65%
No 220 88.35%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 02:32 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It's a State's Rights issue.
No it is not. That could not be further from the truth. When the states agreed to be states, they agreed to abide by Federal Law. Immigration is a national, FEDERAL issue. If you believe it is a state's rights issue, you either need to take some civics, and history courses, or you are purposely being deceitful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 02:52 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Okay, an overwhelming majority here is against sanctuary cities and states. And obviously many are democrats.
So why aren't they pressuring their politicians to stop it?

Old 01-19-2018, 03:10 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I bet most of you posting here consider yourselves Christians. But you don't seem to care about your fellow man at all...it's all about you. How is it that atheists care more about other people than you do.
You can care about people without letting them over-run your country.

Old 01-19-2018, 03:17 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Okay, an overwhelming majority here is against sanctuary cities and states. And obviously many are democrats.
So why aren't they pressuring their politicians to stop it?
I guess Democrats will passively follow any and all democrat policies they are against if Trump and republicans are against it too.

Old 01-19-2018, 03:39 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Plenty of people support them but they're not going to bother answering this poll.

A lot of simpleton opinions on here. LOL

Nothing riles up the bigots more than anyone helping out non-white immigrants. Little do they know these people are staying and going to make babies with their descendants.
Yeah, theres all the mystery invisible people who wont vote in this poll, because you said so

Old 01-19-2018, 03:43 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It's a State's Rights issue.
No, it's not.

Old 01-19-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I bet most of you posting here consider yourselves Christians. But you don't seem to care about your fellow man at all...it's all about you. How is it that atheists care more about other people than you do.
So, you equate breaking the law with caring for people?

Wow.

So if I rob a bank you would help me hide from LE because you care about people?

And why do you think atheists want to help people break the law?

Old 01-19-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Nothing riles up the bigots more than anyone helping out non-white immigrants. Little do they know these people are staying and going to make babies with their descendants.
So, do you support non white murderers too?

Why does the color of a person's skin garner your support?

Sounds like a racist position.

And BTW, we're discussing illegal immigrants. Not immigrants.

Old 01-19-2018, 04:00 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
1. In the world today, it doesn't matter much if an Asian or even European comes over to the US Physically. They have built vast outsourcing data center and call centers and most of the US Corporations use them...that seems to underscore your "they don't care" statement, but adds the element of complete legality to it. In other words, Capitalism (the religion of many) has declared that a dude or gal who may be smarter than you or I and will work for 1/8 the wage, gets the job. Is there something about capitalism and a free market you don't like?

Dollars to Donuts the young women and man in those Indian data centers aren't gulping booze, meth and dropping oxys to the same extent as many places here. Doesn't that mean they make better employees and should be hired,

2. I haven't taken polls on who owns what, but when Mitt was at his classy dinner and made his famous statement about how great his crowd was. They were 100% GOP. The owners of tyson foods with the low cost labor, the coal mines who shunned the unions.....I am making an assumption they are mostly GOP.

But Mitt made it clear and most of the Right agreed and continue to agree with him...so I wonder why you even ask this question? This Liberal ran 5 business, paid high wages and benefits and paid 100% of his taxes. I know people (who will remain nameless) who BRAG about getting away with cheating. Often they are the first to wax poetic about our great patriotic leader.

Bankruptcy is the New Success...

Many of the illegals are on family farms - in flyover states. They run the entire operations. I'm sure some of the families are Liberals, but the states generally go GOP. Couldn't IOWA demand E-Verify? Arkansas. Throw a couple CEO's in jail - REAL jail and compliance will shoot up.

But those people who don't care would rather see you and I debate the issue even tho existing law should settle it.
I wouldn't bet that people in call centers in other countries aren't on drugs - there's no way to know that. As for making better employees, not when people have trouble understanding them or when you call and get terrible service. I called with an issue on a Windows XP and they told me how foolish I was for getting an XP when everyone know Windows 95 has the best operating system.

I also wouldn't assume anything about what Dems and Republicans are doing. I'm fairly certain both are hiring illegals (with my fellow Dem's patting themselves on the back for helping someone less fortunate) and both are guilty of greed. Who do you think is in the tight circle of the Clinton's? Boy scout leaders and not-for-profit C-levels or bankers and the people who really rule the country?

Old 01-19-2018, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I know people (who will remain nameless) who BRAG about getting away with cheating. Often they are the first to wax poetic about our great patriotic leader.
And I know people who own their own business and brag about cheating with their taxes and they HATE Trump.

So does that mean that all Trump haters are tax cheats?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies