Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 08:56 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Russian Bots getting involved again???? Interesting.

Russian Twitter accounts pushing for release of 'shocking' surveillance memo

Russian Twitter accounts pushing for release of 'shocking' surveillance memo | TheHill
There was never any need for Russian bots, this was trending, and was the biggest thing being discussed on here for the last several days.

The House Intel committee has already agreed to hold a vote to declassify the memo. The memo will be out in about a week or two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2018, 08:58 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Still flogging this dead horse???

I guess with the whole "Fusion GPS " lie falling flat has left you guys scratching around...
Actually yes the Democrat-financed Russia dossier put out by Fusion GPS fell flat. Did you ever question why the information in that dossier was so crazy? They actually thought the American people would believe it? That doesn't say much about what they think of the American people.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:59 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
There's just one problem with what you said.

The FISA court has already released a report documenting widespread FISA abuse by the Obama administration, including abuse during the election.

There is already verifiable proof of widespread FISA abuse by the Obama administration, this report outlines additional evidence of more FISA abuse by the Obama administration.

https://www.scribd.com/document/3495...ies#from_embed
What's the problem? That document doesn't say anything about "abuse."

It's also sufficiently complex that I am certain none of y'all alleging abuse have actually read it.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
What's the problem? That document doesn't say anything about "abuse."

It's also sufficiently complex that I am certain none of y'all alleging abuse have actually read it.
What I'm certain of is that almost none of the dems have read the report.

The report documents deliberate, and willful abuse of the FISA system.

Take your propaganda elsewhere, it will only work on the woefully uninformed.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:18 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
I just did.

Quote:
They, in fact, did not.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:52 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:

Take your propaganda elsewhere, it will only work on the woefully uninformed.
"What I'm certain of is that almost none of the dems have read the report."

I heard 1 Congressman who serves on the Intelligence Committee state that NOT 1 SINGLE DEM member of the Committee came to read the info.

As members of the committee they were free to do so but, CHOSE NOT TO.

If they DON'T KNOW what is in it, they do NOT have to defend.

I think it is called "plausible deniability".

"Plausible deniability is the ability of people (typically senior officials in a formal or informal chain of command) to deny knowledge of or responsibility for any damnable actions committed by others in an organizational hierarchy because of a lack of evidence that can confirm their participation, even if they were personally involved in or at least willfully ignorant of the actions. In the case that illegal or otherwise disreputable and unpopular activities become public, high-ranking officials may deny any awareness of such acts to insulate themselves and shift blame onto the agents who carried out the acts, as they are confident that their doubters will be unable to prove otherwise. The lack of evidence to the contrary ostensibly makes the denial plausible, that is, credible, although sometimes it merely makes it unactionable. The term typically implies forethought, such as intentionally setting up the conditions to plausibly avoid responsibility for one's (future) actions or knowledge. In some organizations, legal doctrines such as command responsibility exist to hold major parties responsible for the actions of subordinates involved in heinous acts and nullify any legal protection that their denial of involvement would carry."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plausible_deniability

Old 01-21-2018, 10:12 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Quote:
That is absolutely false, the democrats on the committee have access to the evidence that was used to create the memo.

Adam Schiff is a member of the gang of eight, there is no piece of classified information Schiff cannot see.

Your statement is verifiable false.

You are absolutely right about that, but here's the problem. Nunes is supposed to be recused. Do you remember that drama he created early on with his press conference about how Trump and his associates had been caught up in intelligence surveillance and then ran to the white house to share the information? That was highly improper and he had to recuse himself from the investigation. Did he? No. It was a lie. If he is recused then why is he behind closed doors again looking at sensitive classified material with other republicans looking for a way to create more smoke? There were no democrats in the room. Yes they are able to view the sensitive material, but the problem comes with releasing it to the public.

Do you remember the Strzok text messages? That was supposed to be this big scandal to discredit Mueller because one of his agents doesn't like Trump. It was blown up into this big hyperbolic scandal with a couple of cherry picked text messages taken out of contact. There was hundreds of text messages but only a select few taken out of context were used to spin into yet another deflection. There were actually text messages in there where he said he might vote for Trump. Now if Strzok is FBI don't you think he knows things about Trump that Joe average doesn't know as well? As you can see the text message scandal is not talked about anymore because it was never meant to be proven, just like the wiretapping, illegal unmasking, uranium one, and my bet. The memo.

What is the problem with releasing the memo to the public? We don't get to see all of the underlying sensitive information that this memo came from. Like with the text messages, we will only see a cherry picked select pieces of information spun into yet another deflection. Do you see the danger in that? We can only take the word of Nunez, a Trump man who lied about the surveillance, who did something sketchy and was supposed to be recused and lied about that, and now has a sketchy memo. Sorry only rubes and low information people fall for that spin. I see desperation and deflection coming from an ever desperate white house. The truth will come out and the only defense against it is to tell lies and feed the base a load of crap.

Old 01-21-2018, 10:27 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Hillary Clinton look like a girl scout....that is rich, thanks for the laugh.

Rube mentality? With such a sneering condescending attitude, I look forward to having this all out in the sunlight. Haven't you Dems eaten enough crow?

As far as us "rubes" reading, there is a bounty of information out there if you don't rely on getting your political information from The Daily Show, CNN and other comedies.

Without seeing what is in the memo, we can only rely on what HAS been provided to the public. Although heavily redacted, the FISC ruling of April 2017 shows that the abuse of FISA searches by FBI contractors was systemic over multiple years, and was the result of deliberate decision making. (their words, not mine)

The flurry of demotions and folks associated with this leaving their positions are like rats deserting a sinking ship. They know this is about to break open. I, for one, can't wait.

I'm not a democrat but thanks for the I know everything about you mentality. Sorry your ignorance is showing. I'm an independent and will vote for what I view as the best candidate for our country. This country will always be more important then one man or one party.

That tribal mentality that accepts corruption and turns a blind eye for the sake of one man and a party is frankly sad.

Yep low information and rubes adequately describes people who blindly follow rhetoric vs facts, and there are plenty of them on Facebook as well. Condescending? Hardly. Facts are facts.

You are right about the bounty of information and I read a variety of things including Breitbart and I watch FOX news as well as the rest. There is a great website called LawFare that has interesting articles written by intelligent minds.

Yep you're right. The truth will come out. Here's a question for you. If Trump is innocent then why is he not open about everything concerning his businesses and the suspicious Russian activity? Bring it all out into the open and let the investigations conclude.

Old 01-21-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
You are absolutely right about that, but here's the problem. Nunes is supposed to be recused. Do you remember that drama he created early on with his press conference about how Trump and his associates had been caught up in intelligence surveillance and then ran to the white house to share the information? That was highly improper and he had to recuse himself from the investigation. Did he? No. It was a lie. If he is recused then why is he behind closed doors again looking at sensitive classified material with other republicans looking for a way to create more smoke? There were no democrats in the room. Yes they are able to view the sensitive material, but the problem comes with releasing it to the public.

Do you remember the Strzok text messages? That was supposed to be this big scandal to discredit Mueller because one of his agents doesn't like Trump. It was blown up into this big hyperbolic scandal with a couple of cherry picked text messages taken out of contact. There was hundreds of text messages but only a select few taken out of context were used to spin into yet another deflection. There were actually text messages in there where he said he might vote for Trump. Now if Strzok is FBI don't you think he knows things about Trump that Joe average doesn't know as well? As you can see the text message scandal is not talked about anymore because it was never meant to be proven, just like the wiretapping, illegal unmasking, uranium one, and my bet. The memo.

What is the problem with releasing the memo to the public? We don't get to see all of the underlying sensitive information that this memo came from. Like with the text messages, we will only see a cherry picked select pieces of information spun into yet another deflection. Do you see the danger in that? We can only take the word of Nunez, a Trump man who lied about the surveillance, who did something sketchy and was supposed to be recused and lied about that, and now has a sketchy memo. Sorry only rubes and low information people fall for that spin. I see desperation and deflection coming from an ever desperate white house. The truth will come out and the only defense against it is to tell lies and feed the base a load of crap.
No, Nunes never recused himself. After Nunes revealed that the Obama administration were spying on Trump for political reasons, someone (likely the Schiff) filed a ethic complaint. Nunes stepped down from the investigation during the ethic review. The ethic compliant was bogus, and Nunes was cleared, and he rejoined the investigation.

What Nunes revealed about Obama administration spying on Trump for political reasons, was never proven false, that is a myth put out there by the msm.

The truth is coming out now, all the ethic complaint did was buy some time. Hatchet man Mueller was brought in as a last ditch effort to find something, anything on Trump. Mueller failed, now everything is going to be revealed.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:08 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
I just did.

They, in fact, did not.
Tip. You're supposed to read the words, not the parts that are blacked-out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies