Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 02:15 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Poll after poll has tRump at a 37 percent approval rating. I know, polls are b.s. We'll see. The ONLY folks I hear that support tRump are on here. Even in conservative Texas where I live, no one has anything positive to say about him.
Trump has always been at 37%, months before the 2016 election, 37% at election, and now. Yet he's President.

As for supporters, my Democratic family and friends plan to vote for him again. I dont know how much that matters, but my family and friends have never voted Republican before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2018, 02:21 PM

1,330 posts, read 698,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Trump has always been at 37%, months before the 2016 election, 37% at election, and now. Yet he's President.

As for supporters, my Democratic family and friends plan to vote for him again. I dont know how much that matters, but my family and friends have never voted Republican before.
Not sure how that's even possible since we're just under three years away from an election. For all we know, Pence could be president by then.

Old 01-18-2018, 02:28 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,769,934 times
Quote:

So your family are Democrats that never vote Republican are somehow going to vote Republican AGAIN?

Seems legit.

Old 01-18-2018, 02:41 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
On their failed plans and ideas that lost them the house, the senate, and the Presidency.. Yet, they are so smug and arrogant, they feel by bashing the President and trashing all the wonderful accomplishments he has achieved so far, they (stupidly) think they will win in the mid terms. Why?
yep getting closer, and dems are looking great to take a whole bunch of seats.

and the bad news for you guys is that we win either way.

1 we get nothing but now for once you are responsible for the outcome

2 we get the house and get control of committees, wait until you see those investigations...

considering how well things are going for the Left, i think the Dems are on the right track... it turns out you guys can't govern, just look at the current mess the Rs in and they have control of everything SCOTUS, POTUS , Senate, House.... i mean everything and you have gotten tangled up in DACA, ACA, CHIP.

look what trump has done to your budget, he mangled DACA and CHIP into thinking it would give him leverage but instead it has turned into a gift for the left yet again... chaos is not working for ya.

Old 01-18-2018, 03:03 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
Quote:

Dude Hilo?

seems to me your state is blue blue blue. BTW i get there often love it... cafe pesto does a great pizza..

I am glad to see HI doing well, however you and i both know things have been getting better there since property picked up a few years ago. Trump has done absolutely zero to hinder or help you and you know it.

And no matter how your family votes, HI is going blue because HI absolutely requires federal funding you guys get about three times what you put in (not complaining just stating) last thing HI needs is Ryan defunding the fed.

now tell me again why you think it is to you and you families benefit to reduce the monies HI gets from the fed, because that is very clearly Paul and Mitch's plan.

1 defund the fed
2 reduce federal spending

Maybe you think the tiny tax cut you get is going to enough to make up for the increases in costs you will soon face. If this budget goes through it directly hits...

Old 01-18-2018, 03:10 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,292,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I didn't think I have read anything more laughable on this forum in a long time.

Trump will legitimately get credit for:

Judicial appointments
Economy
Good employment numbers, especially in re to minorities
Tax cuts for 85% of Americans
Defeating ISIS
Ending personal mandate

Not bad at all for 1 year of work but some hiccups along the way, most of which are self inflicted.

Democrats running on "I'm against trump" will not help them in competitive races, especially when they are so far behind the 8 ball in the senate.
Only from his cult.

Democrats hate him and Independents have deserted him.

2016 National Exit Polls

Democrats (36%): 89% Clinton, 8% Trump
Republicans (33%): 88% Trump, 8% Clinton
Independents (31%): 46% Trump, 42%

Current Trump Approval

CBS:

Democrats: 7% approve of Trump; 90% disapprove
Republicans: 83% approve; 13% disapprove
Independents: 33% approve; 60% disapprove

Asked if Trump was a very good/Good President, 71% of Republicans agreed, 3% of Democrats and 27% of Independents agreed.

Asked if Trump was a poor President, 10% of Republicans, 87% of Democrats and 52% of Independents.

Also from the CBS Poll: 53% of respondents deem his first year as a failure.

Unless his numbers with Independents improves drastically, Trump is a liability to Republicans in competitive districts in 2018 and has a long climb to win re-election in 2020.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/do...rump-1year.pdf

Last edited by Bureaucat; 01-18-2018 at 03:26 PM..

Old 01-18-2018, 03:29 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,522,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Now that's what I like to hear. Thanks for posting this.
Funny...even in a dem city in TX, most everyone I know and work with are Trump supporters. We just don't bring up politics with people we don't know, lest we awaken the liberal loon tendencies.

Old 01-18-2018, 03:54 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
I didn't think I have read anything more laughable on this forum in a long time.

Judicial appointments
Economy
Defeating ISIS
Ending personal mandate

Not bad at all for 1 year of work but some hiccups along the way, most of which are self inflicted.

Democrats running on "I'm against trump" will not help them in competitive races, especially when they are so far behind the 8 ball in the senate.
I think you've overlooked perhaps the most important thing he has done. The biggest manipulator of the American public, the biggest threat our democracy faces, is a corrupt, lying media. One whose goal is to manipulate the public and to establish a government that they desire and approve of. One that promotes every nation except this one. Every person on earth but the American taxpayer. One that believes in manipulating the public, not informing them. Of distorting the truth and creating an alternate reality instead of reporting.

Trump has had the backbone to resist these distortions and lies as they have occured. He has played the same game, in turn manipulating the MSM, 140 characters at a time. He has exposed the corruption, lies and manipulations and the way they have abused the trust of the American people for decades.

Reagan is credited with bringing down the greatest foreign threat this country faced with the collapse of the Soviet Union. I expect Trump will be known the same way with the collapse of a lying "mainstream" media that refuses to do it's job.

Old 01-18-2018, 04:27 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:

Good to hear--we need more people to look for a President who can lead us, not a President who coddles and is our friend..

Old 01-18-2018, 04:41 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:

Quote:
Judicial appointments
You mean the one they stole from Obama by basically refusing to do their job? No he doesnt get credit for that. It was shameful.
But if you mean packing in the lower courts pretty effectively with a ton of partisan judges, some of whom are incompetent, then sure.
And I dont mean that badly, while some are truly incompetent a lot more are just highly partisan.
Quote:
Economy
Nope. he has managed to not kill it, although growth has slowed down some in some measurements, I dont think they have slowed by much.
Quote:
Again, as unemployment drops as it did under Obama, thats to be expected.
Quote:
....which added over a trillion in debt. This was a moronic thing to do.

Quote:
Defeating ISIS
Hmmm...maybe. I havent seen anything done differently by him that led to this though.
Quote:
Ending personal mandate
Thats not a accomplishment, thats the destruction of one of the few things keeping health insurance prices down. Hold on to your hat.

Quote:
Hmmm...I actually had higher hopes for him to be honest. He has truly harmed our country.

Quote:
Please. we are seeing huge swings towards democrats. 2018 will probably win them the house, and 2020 will take the senate. We could see a completely Democrat ran government in 2020, and my only hope is that they treat the Republican side slightly better then they have treated them. Because otherwise we're going to see a even greater divide in our country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies