Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 11:44 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2018, 11:45 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Women tried but men wouldn't let them because they were deemed too inferior and so called fragile.
Heh. Men on this board got nervous spasms when it was suggested that women could serve in the infantry. Meanwhile, other nations tried it out and it turned out just fine.

Females in the Infantry? Er...Yes, actually. | Breach Bang Clear

Of course, the fact that a girl did two tours in the Helmand province and essentially out-machoed 90% of the men on this board didn't sit well at all with a subset of CD male posters.

Old 01-19-2018, 12:58 AM

1,323 posts, read 588,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Heh. Men on this board got nervous spasms when it was suggested that women could serve in the infantry. Meanwhile, other nations tried it out and it turned out just fine.

Females in the Infantry? Er...Yes, actually. | Breach Bang Clear

Of course, the fact that a girl did two tours in the Helmand province and essentially out-machoed 90% of the men on this board didn't sit well at all with a subset of CD male posters.
This part is funny as hell...

Quote:
“Once I peed in a bottle in front of an exercise observer/controller, in a moving APC,” she remembers. “In all fairness, we’d just woken up, been activated in a hurry, and I hadn’t had my morning **** — what was I gonna do? I asked him if he was sensitive and then unzipped my pants. Then I guess I made it worse by handing the warm bottle to my platoon sergeant and asking if he needed to go, because it was still half empty. He laughed and said no, he was good.

Old 01-19-2018, 01:10 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,970 times
Quote:
Women tried but men wouldn't let them because they were deemed too inferior and so called fragile.

How many REALLY tried?
Of course- EVERYTHING is the fault of men!

Mrs LeaveWi gets a chuckle out of all these types of discussions. Thank God I found someone who doesn't blame men for everything( except me when I leave the seat up) nor considers herself a constantly oppressed victim. She's a tough girl, all 72 lbs of her. Survived alone in the Outback after her parents split. She can MORE than take care of herself in pretty much any situation. In the past, some blokes treated her pretty bad; she just dropped them like a ton of nothing, and moved on and realized that there are a metric ton of jerks out there of both genders; knows that there are good ones too, and believes men and women are different but equal. She doesn't want me to be a female, and I sure as heck don't want her to be a guy

Old 01-19-2018, 01:23 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
That’s the stupidest article... we have always known that females have longer lifespans than man and it has NOTHING to do with a crisis...

For those of us that read the article, male infant mortality seems to be the issue and it appears to be an issue rooted in genetics.

This is reasonable and expected since males, lacking a uterus, are disposable.

Old 01-19-2018, 01:42 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
really? that is your answer? what about the womens air corps service pilots during world war two? how about russian women who were in fact better snipers than their male counterparts? in israel women served along side the men in combat. but remember its more than just fighting on the front lines, how many women are capable of carrying a fellow soldier that has been wounded in battle?

and just how many women have tried to see front line combat? we now have female fighter pilots, and helicopter pilots, but how many really are willing to serve in the infantry? how many really are wiling to pick up a rifle and kill another human being?

Old 01-19-2018, 02:20 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
really? that is your answer? what about the womens air corps service pilots during world war two? how about russian women who were in fact better snipers than their male counterparts? in israel women served along side the men in combat. but remember its more than just fighting on the front lines, how many women are capable of carrying a fellow soldier that has been wounded in battle?

and just how many women have tried to see front line combat? we now have female fighter pilots, and helicopter pilots, but how many really are willing to serve in the infantry? how many really are wiling to pick up a rifle and kill another human being?

I was a Marine, so we never had co-ed training, but my buddy who was in the Army tells me that when they completed a run, the males would sit down and smoke a cigarette while they waited for the females to finish.

Anything to perpetuate the illusion I suppose...

Old 01-19-2018, 02:51 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I think it depends on the crisis.
Break a nail and life is over.

Old 01-19-2018, 04:34 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Quote:
[/b]

LOL I'm sorry but did you really post that women need to take care of men when they return. Why do we need to take care of men. This mentality of men is why women have been suppressed. You need to give women more credit. They aren't the weaklings anymore.
Being woman are usually care givers and love to take care of those they love - why shouldn't we take care of our husbands? You find the majority of care giving jobs filled by woman because of our compassion to help - that doesn't mean we are weaklings - just more concerned about others. Quit trying to make nothing into something.

Old 01-19-2018, 05:05 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
For those of us that read the article, male infant mortality seems to be the issue and it appears to be an issue rooted in genetics.

This is reasonable and expected since males, lacking a uterus, are disposable.
It's pretty well established in obstetrics that male newborns are more likely to suffer from medical issues and to need supportive care at birth than female newborns. Walk around a NICU, and it's very obvious.

Last edited by randomparent; 01-19-2018 at 05:42 AM.. Reason: grammar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies