Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2018, 11:29 AM

26,569 posts, read 14,441,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I'm guessing Stormy Daniels is not the only one.
we now know of 2 other women that most likely have NDA's and, according to steve bannon, there were "a hundred". i think that was most likely an exaggeration, as most numbers are in the trump universe, but..... the actual number is probably well beyond 3.

Old 03-16-2018, 11:30 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,340,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Lets all guess.

Is this from a neutral concerned citizen, or a partisan liberal who is ideologically driven by TDS?

The fact this person who sells her body and sex for money is even given media coverage is bad enough, and is also driven by the liberal MSM because they oppose Trump. Yet many a scandal with liberal/leftist politicians over the decades have been ignored or covered up.
That is not journalism, and so called journalists cannot pick and choose when to flip on their investigative natures and adversarial roles with government, depending on whether they ideologically agree or disagree with the politician in question.

Trump is not going anywhere, especially not based on some salacious accusations coming from what is essentially a prostitute who lacks integrity. There might be things I do not care for with politicians, but I would take their word over a person like this.

`
Folks have pounced on your post for the wrong reasons.

You have Person A and Person B one of whom has a known track record for profiting from publicity and the other who might well profit.

Person A sells the name, with multiple allegations of fraud. Person B sells the body, always delivering to the best of my knowledge.

Person A is a known liar. Person B's veracity track record is less well known but to my knowledge nothing Person B has said has been disproved.

So if you had to "take their word" which Person would you go for and why?

Old 03-16-2018, 11:32 AM

8,390 posts, read 7,644,416 times
I don't know about this. Daniels' attorney seems to like the limelight himself. And he didn't specify who had physically threatened her. It could just be an enraged Trump fanatic. I just don't seen Trump or Cohen doing it; they're both too wimpy and flabby.

So, I'm going to chalk this one up in the "unconfirmed" box.

Also, I'm less interested in whether Daniels reveals all about her tryst with the President than I am in whether campaign finance law was broken to keep her quiet.

Old 03-16-2018, 11:33 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,936,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Some people would want Trump to go if he simply burped in public without saying excuse me.

What Hillary Knew

Broaddrick’s account—now accepted not just by a vast right-wing conspiracy, but also by a gathering number of liberal writers—is of an attack as brutal and unambiguous as the worst of the alleged assaults by Harvey Weinstein. Clinton, she says, manipulated his way into her hotel room, threw her down on the bed, yanked off her pantyhose, and raped her. She says he bit her lip hard enough to leave it bloodied. “You better put some ice on that,” she remembers him telling her as he walked out the door, headed off to his important work of feeling other people’s pain.

We were about to put this family back in power. I think this goes beyond a threat...
Your argument seems to be that since Bill got off the hook, so should Trump - whatever he may have done.

A wrong is a wrong whether committed today or 20 years ago.

A wrong is a wrong whether committed by a Democrat or a Republican or a little green man from Mars.

You may give politicians a free pass for their behavior so long as they belong to your preferred party, but the majority of Americans won't.

The Republican Party - The Party of "FAMILY VALUES!"

I guess if your family likes to be womanizers and liars then they're the party for you. Me, I call out Bill and Donny BOTH because my family taught me to value integrity, and my Dad taught me that a man who harms a woman is not a man.

Yours?

Old 03-16-2018, 11:35 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Just remember - in the future, when any Democrat does any of the billion things Trump has done - we will say "Trump..." in response. For anything. Count on it.
Right... the political football game. Nothing new here.

You make an issue out of something you care nothing about - in order to advance the football.

Old 03-16-2018, 11:35 AM

8,390 posts, read 7,644,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Folks have pounced on your post for the wrong reasons.

You have Person A and Person B one of whom has a known track record for profiting from publicity and the other who might well profit.

Person A sells the name, with multiple allegations of fraud. Person B sells the body, always delivering to the best of my knowledge.

Person A is a known liar. Person B's veracity track record is less well known but to my knowledge nothing Person B has said has been disproved.

So if you had to "take their word" which Person would you go for and why?
Interesting way of thinking it through.

But again, I'm more interested in whether any campaign financing laws were broken in keeping person B quiet.

Which brings in person C: an attorney so stupid that he takes a home equity loan out to pay off his boss's mistress to keep her quiet right before a big election.

Old 03-16-2018, 11:39 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,340,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Interesting way of thinking it through.

But again, I'm more interested in whether any campaign financing laws were broken in keeping person B quiet.

Which brings in person C: an attorney so stupid that he takes a home equity loan out to pay off his boss's mistress to keep her quiet right before a big election.
True enough ... I didn't progress from sex and truth and fraud to elections.

Now how in the world did we ever get from point A to point B?

Maybe because we elected Candidate F.

Old 03-16-2018, 11:42 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Quote:
I don't know about this. Daniels' attorney seems to like the limelight himself. And he didn't specify who had physically threatened her. It could just be an enraged Trump fanatic. I just don't seen Trump or Cohen doing it; they're both too wimpy and flabby.

So, I'm going to chalk this one up in the "unconfirmed" box.

Also, I'm less interested in whether Daniels reveals all about her tryst with the President than I am in whether campaign finance law was broken to keep her quiet.
That's really the nuts and bolts of it (no pun intended).

Old 03-16-2018, 11:47 AM

26,569 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
.....an attorney so stupid that he takes a home equity loan out to pay off his boss's mistress ....
i'm suspicious of this claim. would like to see supporting evidence.

Old 03-16-2018, 11:50 AM

613 posts, read 360,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i'm suspicious of this claim. would like to see supporting evidence.
Claim? Cohen said that himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies