Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2018, 02:53 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
ever hear of the Ken Star investigation? yeah...didn't think so
No, can't say that I have. Please remind us of all the details - in full.

Old 04-06-2018, 03:48 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i'm trying not to read too much into trump's response to the question but i am curious who asked it and if that reporter has a history of having reliable sources.

What? What does it matter who asked the question? And, what does it matter who the reporter's sources are, or the reporter's history? Are you trying to impunge the reporter's character for asking the question? Why?

This story has had legs for weeks now, and the only people who don't know that there is the issue of what trump knew and when he knew it, along with why would cohen pay the woman, are probably living on some other planet. It wouldn't matter if you or I were the one to ask that question, and it wouldn't matter who our sources were, because everyone has heard the story and wants the answers.

Old 04-06-2018, 04:03 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Evangelical leaders planning sit down with Trump over Stormy Daniels

Several evangelical Christian leaders are planning a sit-down with President Trump in June over allegations that his lawyer paid adult-film star Stormy Daniels $130,000 in 2016 for her silence about an alleged affair with Trump more than a decade ago.

"We're very concerned about the allegations," the leader of one ministry told NPR.

"There's things that are like fingernails on the chalkboard to people of faith. That's not who we are; that's not a 'fruit of the Spirit'; that's not leading with humility," said another person familiar with the talks."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...stormy-daniels

Good grief. "People of faith" had no problem voting for this man who wouldn't know what humility was if you spelled it out for him. "People of faith" had no problem excusing his cheating on all three of his wives. "People of faith" had no problem defending him when he bragged about sexually assaulting women.

What's changed all of a sudden? Maybe some of their flock are growing a conscience, and that has these phony "men of God' worried?

Old 04-06-2018, 04:08 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Wonder why they are so concerned now?

Trump has been up front about who he was for decades.

Old 04-06-2018, 04:10 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
No, can't say that I have. Please remind us of all the details - in full.
https://www.usnews.com/opinion/artic...on-impeachment

I couldn't find too much that was unbiased or in-depth on the Internet (shock!), but the above should be enough to at least educate you a little bit.

Old 04-06-2018, 04:12 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,346,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
"On record" is hardly "under oath" and in the end thats all thats gonna matter. Proving trump lied has no political or legal ramifications for him even though you people pretend it would.
All the more reason Trump and Cohen should be deposed. And thank you for pointing out that no one should trust Trump. After all, he is a pathological liar.

Old 04-06-2018, 04:32 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
This story has had legs for weeks now, and the only people who don't know that there is the issue of what trump knew and when he knew it, ....
trust me, i'm well aware of the details of this case.

the reporter was either acting on a tip or was just going on pure speculation. i think knowing his/her history would give us an idea of which was more probable.

Old 04-06-2018, 04:35 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
trust me, i'm well aware of the details of this case.

the reporter was either acting on a tip or was just going on pure speculation. i think knowing his/her history would give us an idea of which was more probable.
Oh, gimme a break! The reporter was simply the one who got out in front and asked the question before any other reporter could get it out of their mouth.
It is a question that anyone who is following the story has been asking each other from weeks. You are implying something that just isn't there.

Here is the exchange:

"Reporter: "Did you know about the $130,000 payment to Stormy Daniels?"
Trump: "No."
Reporter: "Why did Michael Cohen make it?"
Trump: "You have to ask Michael Cohen. Michael Cohen is my attorney you'll have to ask him."
Reporter: "Do you know where he got the money to make that payment?"
Trump: "No, I don't know." "

So, tell us... what speculation or tip did it take to ask the questions? And, what are you trying to imply about the reporter?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/06/polit...els/index.html

Old 04-06-2018, 04:41 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times
It's common for reporters to keep asking questions on these types of things in the hopes that the person will slip up.............. and Trump did. He did the same thing in another interview... the firing of Comey (?), his stance had been that the firing was on the advice of the department (? some third party), and then he said no, it was because Comey was on a non-productive witch hunt (on the Russia story) which opened him up to hindering prosecution. When you lie so much, these little tidbits come back to bite you.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-06-2018, 04:49 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If Trump didn't know about the payment, Cohen is guilty of violating campaign finance laws and will probably be disbarred and possibly jailed. The real question is, "Would Trump throw his friend and attorney under the nearest conveyance to save his keister?"

Answer soon. Watch this space for details.
In a NY minute!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies