Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 02:18 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,251,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
and Democrats don't play golf and smoke cigars?...lol
Some of the Dems smoke wet cigars

Old 01-19-2018, 02:21 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times
Republicans in Congress come out of those hearings looking like they've seen a ghost. They may not know all the details, but they know whether Trump was a willing accomplice or an unwitting dupe.

Not sure which is worse.

I doubt they will try to impeach Trump during the midterms.

And the Democrats sure aren't going to do it.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 01-19-2018 at 03:08 PM..

Old 01-19-2018, 02:25 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,218,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Prediction: FBI Probes Will Reveal Shocking Crimes, Will Force Hillary into Prison, and Will Likely Tarnish Former President Obama's Sainthood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
LOL, Leftists resorting to fortune tellers
And what of your fellows on the right?

Old 01-19-2018, 02:50 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
These Republicans are unlike previous generations, they swear allegiance to their King, even one as clownish as a former reality television star who is masquerading as President of The United States. The only leaders willing to confront their King will be out of office by the end of this year (and hopefully will challenge him in a primary for 2020)
This is an early leader for preposterous statement of the year. The Republicans have resisted Trump every step of the way. From the primaries, into repealing Obamacare, to tax reform, the immigration. Every day there's some new hysterical post here of some Republican bad mouthing Trump and how it proves how unpopular he is in his own party. Now he's a king and the GOP are loyal to the death. Good grief!

Old 01-19-2018, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Look, a "but Obama" deflection again.

If Trump was innocent, why worry about shutting down the investigation. If he's innocent, the investigation would prove that he didn't nothing wrong and his name would be cleared and he can continue "winning" and show the world that he's not a crook.
We may be looking at the single biggest corruption scandal in the history of the United States with the FBI & DOJ attempting what amounts to a failed coup d'etat against Trump and you're wondering why he wouldn't want one of their closest friends and allies in the FBI "investigating" him? Really? I presume you're just playing dumb and are not actually dumb?

I say we start the investigation all over and have Jeff Sessions run it. That way we know there's no partisan bias.

Old 01-19-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
What nonsense.

If the cops are told im killing someone in my house RIGHT NOW by a neighbor who lied, and bust in to find my huge Walter White meth lab.....im still going to jail despite it starting with a lie.

Even better is that impeachment has no pesky rules about criminal acts and evidence. Evidenciary standards do not apply.
You sure about that? Maybe you need a better lawyer?

Old 01-19-2018, 03:18 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,622,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Mueller's window is closing.

You see it, or you wouldn't be so worked up.

A year, and a half after this investigation started, and so far the only thing turned up is evidence that the whole Russian collusion story was created to attack Trump.

We still need to wait, and see how big this will get, and if the law was violated.

Mueller is going to have to come up with something fast, or it will be too late, if it isn't already too late.
What complete stupidity. Where do you get the idiotic idea that there is some sort of magical "window?" And how do you know what evidence Mueller does and does not have? Do you think he has some blog site where he posts daily updates on the evidence? You conservatives live in freakin' Unicornland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
We may be looking at the single biggest corruption scandal in the history of the United States with the FBI & DOJ attempting what amounts to a failed coup d'etat against Trump and you're wondering why he wouldn't want one of their closest friends and allies in the FBI "investigating" him? Really? I presume you're just playing dumb and are not actually dumb?

I say we start the investigation all over and have Jeff Sessions run it. That way we know there's no partisan bias.
I almost thought you were serious until that last sentence. I mean, really - it was a great setup. But I gotta hand it to you, you finished with one of the best punchlines I've seen on CD in years.

Old 01-19-2018, 03:33 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,092,467 times
Still no one said what he would be impeached for

Old 01-19-2018, 03:34 PM

20,454 posts, read 12,372,428 times
I have figured out this thread. its Prog desperation. the left is going bananas because there is about to be a flood of evidence that Obama weaponized the entire Executive branch.

its all about to hit the fan and bad things for the left....

Old 01-19-2018, 03:43 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,160,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
We may be looking at the single biggest corruption scandal in the history of the United States ...
... the biggest corruption scandal is Trump's treasonous conspiracy to accept Russian help in the election in exchange for lifting the 2014 sanctions. That's a high crime and very impeachable.

... and his long history of shady loans and real estate deals with Russian oligarchs. Tax evasion too. People go to jail for RICO and tax evasion.

... and his obstruction of justice.

Lock. Him. Up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.