Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2018, 05:00 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,618,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Considering how short people south of the border are, it would be even harder for them. I just wish there were videos posted of these tests. I will email the White House to suggest it. If you agree, do it, too. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."
The ignorance on display in this forum is immeasurable at times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 05:00 PM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
lmao hahaha you cant be serious! where are they gonna go? Canada?

Here's my honest take on this whole thing. I believe most Liberals here aren't really against a wall or protecting our borders, but rather agaisnt the man who campaigned on it. Had this been a Liberal idea, Liberals would be glad to fund a 30 trillion dollar wall 100 feet high around the continental US, LOl.

Be honest, you hate Trump more than you hate this wall.

Scorn Liberals; that's all it is.

I'm sure that's the case for many of them. However, there are those who are bleeding heart liberals, those who hire illegal aliens for profit and those who have ethnic ties to them. They are the ones who don't want to the flow to stop. They have an anti-American agenda.

Old 01-19-2018, 05:03 PM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post

Yes, and the ignorance is on the anti-wall side.

Old 01-19-2018, 05:04 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I don't believe for a second that our special forces guys can't get over a 30 foot wall. My BS-O-Meter just went off.

https://imgur.com/gallery/e1fqHBx
It's the Daily Caller, so take it with a grain of salt.

I laughed out loud at reading that they couldn't get over a 30 ft. wall.

Really?

Old 01-19-2018, 05:04 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Considering how short people south of the border are, it would be even harder for them. I just wish there were videos posted of these tests. I will email the White House to suggest it. If you agree, do it, too. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."

US Commandos Unable To Scale Border Wall | The Daily Caller
BUT BUT BUT -- it isn't about the wall......

Old 01-19-2018, 05:09 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Please re-read my last response to you more carefully. How are they going to come by truck if they can't get it thru those difficult and dangerous areas. How many Mexicans are flying over here illegally or coming by water? No one is saying that the wall will be 100% effective but 85-90% isn't good enough? WTH? Do I need to post those links again showing how effective those good walls have been?

Why do people have walls around their homes and businesses then if they aren't a deterrant? Surely you know that it keeps out most unwanted entry, don't you?
They come through the big open roads in semis, right through checkpoints.

Also when fences were put in in Arizona illegal crossings decreased in Arizona but increased in Texas. People can and will go around all the way to the ocean if need be. Look at Cubans coming over in rafts, I'm sure that Mexicans can do the same thing if need be, there are boats in Mexico.

Old 01-19-2018, 05:16 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
The AP report is hilarious. "Testers also expressed safety concerns about getting down from 30 feet." Mmm-hm. US special forces. 30 feet. Safety concerns.

If you ever had any doubt that this is a project designed to appeal to stupid people, that right there should provide a hint.
Like Trump himself said, “Once they get up there,” he said, “there will be no way to get down. Well, maybe a rope, but…”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oP8H9nQKT4

Old 01-19-2018, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Short people?

Spit wine all over my keyboard at that one. Thought it was a joke.

Then I noticed who posted this ridiculous nonsense.

Short people can't get over a 30 ft. wall?

Please.

Old 01-19-2018, 05:21 PM

Too damn funny.

I hope this thread goes for a while.

Old 01-19-2018, 05:24 PM

Reminded me of one of the toughest men I ever knew. He could stand flat-footed, loaded with gear, and jump to the top of a 55 gallon drum.

I'll bet you my twenty buck tax break that he could get over that wall.

He was short too.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies