Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2018, 09:18 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
And another way your party is putting illegals first before you and others.
Libs

https://fairus.org/issue/publication...ates-taxpayers

FEDERAL TAXES
Taxes collected from illegal aliens offset fiscal outlays and, therefore must be included in any examination of the cost of illegal immigration. However, illegal alien apologists frequently cite the allegedly large tax payments made by illegal aliens as a justification for their unlawful presence, and as a basis for offering them permanent legal status through a new amnesty, similar to the one enacted in 1986. That argument is nothing more than a red herring.

FAIR believes that most studies grossly overestimate both the taxes actually collected from illegal aliens and, more importantly, the amount of taxes actually paid by illegal aliens (i.e., the amount of money collected from illegal aliens and actually kept by the federal government). This belief is based on a number of factors: Since the 1990’s, the United States has focused on apprehending and removing criminal aliens. The majority of illegal aliens seeking employment in the United States have lived in an environment where they have little fear of deportation, even if discovered. This has created an environment where most illegal aliens are both able and willing to file tax returns. Because the vast majority of illegal aliens hold low-paying jobs, those who are subject to wage deductions actually wind up receiving a complete refund of all taxes paid, plus net payments made on the basis of tax credits.

As a result, illegal aliens actually profit from filing a tax return and, therefore, have a strong interest in doing so.

Do you get this? Does this make sense? Do you get it now that your citizenship, your hard work, your families mean didly squat in the eyes of the Democratic liberal party! You are used to lift up this crap based on feelings. Being used.
They actually get more money back from filing taxes
Why does the Congress still get their checks next Friday?? See they can make standard laws saying regardless - paycheck go out ! This all fffn political!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2018, 09:20 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Why does the Congress still get their checks next Friday?? See they can make standard laws saying regardless - paycheck go out ! This all fffn political!
Because they are elitist and entitled.....

Old 01-21-2018, 09:21 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Government shutdown didn't occur because the illegal immigration issue but a disagreement over DACA.

Hence why the post questions why a party would place them over citizens via a government shutdown. Neither party has made this apparent over illegals in general.

DACA isn't part of the budget bill.

Dems have been defending, making excuses and generally attempting to justify illegal immigration long before DACA.

That's how I take the thread title.

DACA is just the latest iteration of the Left defend and play to illegals in an attempt to expand their shrinking voter base

Old 01-21-2018, 09:22 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
"Although likely to hold lower-skilled jobs than U.S. workers overall, they were significantly less likely to be in outdoor manual jobs and more likely to be in white-collar office jobs when compared to unauthorized workers in the same age range who were DACA ineligible."

- MPI 2014.

If the concern is that those low day-labor jobs that Americans are supposedly snub nosing, even deporting DACA recipients isn't going to change anything. Since DACA requires an education, they are most likely not the same types in this job lowly job market that illegals without an education nor status go for.

Beginning in the 1990's illegal aliens flooded into the construction trades. Stagnated the going rates and made them go backwards.

A job I loved to do and took pride in what I did, I could no longer afford to do. Not that it was a job, no American wanted to do. No American wants to do it at the price now paid. Only people that can be exploited will do it for that cheap.

Price is one thing that is hard to overcome in competition, if everyone is not playing on a level field.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:24 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
I do....
Well that's messed up, I wouldn't call someone a "Criminal" just because at one time in their life they drove too fast.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:26 AM

23 posts, read 11,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
DACA isn't part of the budget bill.

Dems have been defending, making excuses and generally attempting to justify illegal immigration long before DACA.

That's how I take the thread title.

DACA is just the latest iteration of the Left defend and play to illegals in an attempt to expand their shrinking voter base
I agree it's at least half all about votes. The other half are the wealthy Democrats that want cheap labor and a housing crisis to spike property values.

Hispanics own very little property in California they are writing checks to the white man and making them wealthier.

The black vote isn't large enough to prop up the Democrat base so they need as much as of the hispanic vote as possible.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:26 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Trump said the senate should go nuclear. What’s the holdup, Republicans?

Old 01-21-2018, 09:27 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
OP doesn’t understand what it means to be actually a leader.

The way right wingers are trying to spin this story is hilarious.
I'm surprised they havent started to blame Hillary for the shut down as this president and his cult are real good at shifting blame to others.
For some one who touts himself as a major deal maker why does he wait till the government shuts down to start thinking about a solution when hes known for months this day was coming.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:29 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDigitalNomadofTruth View Post
I agree it's at least half all about votes. The other half are the wealthy Democrats that want cheap labor and a housing crisis to spike property values.

Hispanics own very little property in California they are writing checks to the white man and making them wealthier.

The black vote isn't large enough to prop up the Democrat base so they need as much as of the hispanic vote as possible.
70% republican own business n they hire illegals. fACTS!

Old 01-21-2018, 09:35 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Well that's messed up, I wouldn't call someone a "Criminal" just because at one time in their life they drove too fast.
There is driving too fast and driving toooo..... fast. Illegal immigrants seem to fall in the later category: Is it a Crime to Enter The U.S. Illegally? - AllLaw.com. Most 'fast' drivers will only receive a ticket and fine - not prison time. You have to be really speeding and ignoring our police to get actual jail time. According to that link: "For the first improper entry offense, the person can be fined (as a criminal penalty), or imprisoned for up to six months, or both. For a subsequent offense, the person can be fined or imprisoned for up to two years, or both. (See 8 U.S.C. Section 1325, I.N.A. Section 275.)" I think you are comparing apples and oranges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies