Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2018, 12:54 PM

10,667 posts, read 4,162,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
If you haven't noticed, right now the Trump base has complete control over this country. Most Americans also support legal marijuana and LGBTQ rights as well but our nation is moving the other way on those issues because of Trump's rural evangelical base.
Funny, Obama and the rest of the dems had control of the government for a time. They were able to fight for LGBT rights, but they didn't even bother touching the marijuana issue. I guess their big pharma donors were completely against that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2018, 12:55 PM

33,012 posts, read 27,565,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I'm ok with it if you are referring to dreamers - brought here before the age of 10 by the parents through no fault of their own.

~800,000 DREAMERS = excessive rents = unfair tax on legal residents

Are you willing to compensate the working class for the excessive rents they must pay because of the DREAMERS?

Old 01-20-2018, 12:55 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,644,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
That is because you don’t know how the government works.

Does the GOP control 60 seats in the senate? Do you even understand why I just asked that question?

The answer to both would be ‘no’.
They can't even get everyone in their own party to vote yes! Boggles the mind that they would blame Democrats for this.

Old 01-20-2018, 12:56 PM

12,715 posts, read 7,863,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Funny, Obama and the rest of the dems had control of the government for a time. They were able to fight for LGBT rights, but they didn't even bother touching the marijuana issue. I guess their big pharma donors were completely against that.
Or it was the fact that Obama pretty much went by public opinion polls when it came to social issues. The numbers weren't quite there on marijuana until the tail end of the Obama Presidency. It took him until 2012 to come around on gay marriage because of the polls.

Trump is the same way but instead of playing to public opinion, he plays to the desire of his small but very vocal base and is thus on the wrong side of every social issue.

Old 01-20-2018, 12:59 PM

6,245 posts, read 3,641,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I'm ok with it if you are referring to dreamers - brought here before the age of 10 by the parents through no fault of their own.
They have citizenship and all the benefits thereof in their countries of birth. But American citizens screwed over by the gov't shutdown have nowhere else to go.

Old 01-20-2018, 01:05 PM

3,331 posts, read 3,287,302 times
I am a registered Democrat & I am ashamed of my party. If you want to protect the dreamers then agree to the wall. Give to get. Immediate problem over, government stays open & situation for now resolved.

These dreamers are illegal immigrants. They have broken the law. Are there what, a million of them? And yet, my party wants to hold this entire country of hundreds of millions hostage because of them.

The democrats used to be the defenders of the middle class. Where did my party go? It has abandoned me, a loyal voter who consistently supported straight democrat tickets on the ballots. Not the case anymore.

Old 01-20-2018, 01:16 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,268,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
I am a registered Democrat & I am ashamed of my party. If you want to protect the dreamers then agree to the wall. Give to get. Immediate problem over, government stays open & situation for now resolved.

These dreamers are illegal immigrants. They have broken the law. Are there what, a million of them? And yet, my party wants to hold this entire country of hundreds of millions hostage because of them.

The democrats used to be the defenders of the middle class. Where did my party go? It has abandoned me, a loyal voter who consistently supported straight democrat tickets on the ballots. Not the case anymore.
That means you were never a democrat if you are for the useless repubs, the party of responsibility that blames everyone for their failures in govt and the American people,

Old 01-20-2018, 01:24 PM

18,483 posts, read 7,145,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
We all understand that it's illegal to come into this country by illegal means got it.

I am willing to bet that MOST if not all of you would be willing to break the law to provide a better life for your family, you might not admit it on here to save face but in the end you would.

And yes I have and would again if I needed too.

Again.......irrelevant.

Old 01-20-2018, 01:31 PM

18,483 posts, read 7,145,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The "Art of the deal maker" couldn't convince those five Republicans not to vote no? How embarrassing for Trump!
Meh.......

Unlike some people, I would rather my party not vote according to the hive mind group think.

The fact that the right doesn't vote in lockstep just means they aren't all as the Left likes to stereotype them on every issue.

I don't know about you.....but to me that's a good thing.

Old 01-20-2018, 01:39 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,837,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I am blown away that a party who has control of both houses and presidency, will close down the government. That would be a first in history!
If Dems consider the DACA issue so important why didn't they do anything about it when Dems were in power?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies