Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 01:11 PM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
The real unemployment rate is the U6 rate that counts those that the U3 you read is so low have quit counting, and those that are working part time to be able to eat but want and need full time jobs.

California of course, is the highest U6 unemployment rate in the nation.

https://www.davemanuel.com/unemploym...cord-levels-3/

California has the highest poverty rate by far in the nation. All those jobs you think people have, are a big part of them starvation wages in comparison to cost of living for many people.

https://nationaleconomicseditorial.c...-poverty-rate/

California is unique that it has the highest Real Poverty Rate (U6) in the nation, plus has by far the highest poverty rate in the nation.

California is fast becoming the state that is great for a portion of the population with very high paying jobs, which is causing the productivity growth, and the high poverty rate coupled with the real unemployment rate (U6) by far the highest in the nation. A state of the haves, vs. the have nots.
Speaking of internet bots that just automatically reply to topics like old 8-track tape loops ...
Whoever is managing the oldtrader account needs to inject new data and key triggers to vary the topical responses ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2018, 06:56 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,952,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
No they won't. Booze purchases will be age identified by fingerprint / eye iris / dna / blood test / urinalysis / whatever can be automated WILL be automated.

Read Huxley's Brave New World for insight. Amazing prescience written in 1931.
Yeah and they will track the frequency of your purchase to identify you are an alcoholic. Once they have proof then they can get a court order to have an “intervention” against your will.

Old 01-22-2018, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
Yeah and they will track the frequency of your purchase to identify you are an alcoholic. Once they have proof then they can get a court order to have an “intervention” against your will.
1. I'm not advocating it - I despise AI

2. I don't drink so no intervention coming my way

Old 01-22-2018, 07:18 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
Not in CA, they will just raise the tax on it to make more money from those addicted.

Old 01-22-2018, 07:29 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,637,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
In Porter Ranch. The maned checkouts were gone and it's all self service checkouts.
Bought anything online recently? No "manned" check out clerks there either.

In many brick and mortar stores, competition from online shopping probably has just as much if not more to do with fewer store clerks than the minimum wage.

Old 01-22-2018, 07:34 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,144,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Democrat View Post
Would the B. I. G. be enough for rents in places like LA? Will there be enough housing in the future to accommodate everyone?
Maybe the basic income would allow people to relocate to areas with cheaper housing. Interesting concept, will take some very saavy people to work this out.
And then you wonder, with B.I.G. would there be requirements to be subjected to long-term implantable birth control? I always think of the scenarios that could play out if it gets to this.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradomom22 View Post
And then you wonder, with B.I.G. would there be requirements to be subjected to long-term implantable birth control? I always think of the scenarios that could play out if it gets to this.
what is the connection between B.I.G. and implantable birth control? B.I.G. is a disbursement of funds to all legal resident adults in the nation regardless of income. In other words, Bill Gates and Warren Buffet would get the same (approx) $1200 monthly check as you and I and Joe Sixpack and Donnie Drug Addict.

Did you think B.I.G. is some sort of plan to control the former welfare recipients? Look it up. It is equitable wealth sharing for everyone.

Old 01-23-2018, 12:44 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,111,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post

what is the connection between B.I.G. and implantable birth control? B.I.G. is a disbursement of funds to all legal resident adults in the nation regardless of income. In other words, Bill Gates and Warren Buffet would get the same (approx) $1200 monthly check as you and I and Joe Sixpack and Donnie Drug Addict.

Did you think B.I.G. is some sort of plan to control the former welfare recipients? Look it up. It is equitable wealth sharing for everyone.
It's just a base to make sure we don't go homeless. It's not luxury. It's just enough for you to live but if you really want to get better in life and excel. Then that's where you actually HAVE to work. If your comfortable, all your gonna get is the basics.

But if your ambitious and have bigger goals in mind. You can go back to college, get your education and work to become an engineer, a doctor, etc.

Plus automation is an inevitable thing. So the most menial jobs will be taken. So if it's any consolation if your one of those folks to puts every problem on illegals, robots are gonna screw us all on jobs.

Hell, the most worrying part is that AI could even take the advanced creative jobs. Leaving us to just have nothing to do.

Old 01-23-2018, 02:22 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texamichiforniasota View Post
Minimum wage is $12 in LA for large employers, not $15 for another few years. Hopefully the self checkout will make it more efficient. I haven't been to a Wal-Mart in several years (none near me), and maybe all aren't as poorly run as the one I used to live near, but they almost never had enough people working registers. Lines were always long, even when there weren't many people there, as they'd only have 2 or 3 registers open.

I can't imagine self-checkout being more efficient for people like me who have their buggy filled to capacity, top and bottom.

A cashier would be much faster checking out my items than me, someone who would only do it about once every three weeks, not often enough to become proficient at it.

And then there is the extra time I would take to pack everything "just right".

Let's see, everything in this bag goes in that cupboard, everything in these two bags go in the garage freezer, everything in these bags go in the kitchen fridge, everything in this bag goes to the basement, everything in these bags go in the bathroom and hall closets......get my drift?

And then, how about ringing things up so the receipt is categorized? All pet supplies first, then cleaning supplies, then frozen foods, then produce, then personal care items, you know, so it would be easy for me to glance at my receipt to figure out how much I am spending in each category.

Yep, I know me, checking out would not be about speed, it would be all about organization.....and I don't think that is what Walmart is looking for. LOL

Old 01-23-2018, 05:58 AM

827 posts, read 658,903 times
minimum wage keeps going up we'll be paying $15.00 for a $2.00 hamburger.
minimum wage Jobs are for the young or unskilled and never meant to be a livable wage. Don't like
minimum wage then stay in school stop having babies at 15 so you can get a real job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies