Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 11:31 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
They will be flying in on commercial aircraft, same as majority do today.

Then they'd be visa over stayers not border jumpers. Visa over stayers can and should be monitored. The wall is for border jumpers not visa over stayers and yes there are still thousands coming to our country every year that way. Should we just ignore that?

Old 01-21-2018, 11:34 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Look, at this point I say go ahead and build the wall in exchange for a decent GOP concession. Probably gonna be an inefficient use of resources, but we've had worse. And I support the idea of controlling illegal immigration.
What's a decent concession, giving amnesty to the DACAs and of course next will be their parents and those who have U.S. born children? See where I'm going with this? No thanks, our national security shouldn't be held hostage rewarding those in our country illegally.

Old 01-21-2018, 11:46 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why are you repeating the same old arguments, questions and invalid points over and over under different threads? Everything you have said above has been debunked and explained to you over and over in here. Like I told one of your fellow anti-wall people you're all sounding like a bunch of squawking parrots. Why don't you go back over the numerous threads discussing the wall since everything in your above post has been addressed already? I guess you'll be hitting by ignore list just like your fellow parrots in here. Buh, bye!
Ah, the irony

Old 01-22-2018, 08:24 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,021,537 times
I was curious, will the wall be on the US side? Because if you put it dead center on the line, depending on the thickness of the wall, half of it would be in the US, half in MX. And unless they agreed to let us construct on their property, I don't see how that would go over with Mexico.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:06 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Not when the price of certain goods or services goes up because no one will take certain jobs or it costs more to fill them.

The fact is, that the large corporations, including big farms, are the last ones to want to remove undocumented workers. They do more and receive less for it, than American citizens. They also contribute a lot to Social Security and many of them will never receive benefits from it. If they were all suddenly gone, this country would go into an economic shock, which is something that anti-immigration fanatics seem unable to comprehend.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:08 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Trump should start a Go Fund me for the Wall....his base is so loyal -- they will raise all the money right? And all those rich corporations with all that cash -- they will be happy to give the Trumpster a little payback for his tax credits.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:09 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Repeat after me: there will be no wall. Not now, not ever.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:13 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
If congress lays down for tRump (as they always do) and the wall actually does get built, it'll be GREAT for my son's concrete company.

Not necessarily. What makes you think they would get the job.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:13 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Build a wall and they will just resort to coming on boats/planes/trains or cross the border in their cars or just fly to Canada and walk over the border, sealing the border to keep every one out is a pipedream thats impossible to achieve but American tax payers are going to pay a high price to discover you cant keep motivated illegals out.
What a defeatist attitude.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:18 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
The fact is, that the large corporations, including big farms, are the last ones to want to remove undocumented workers. They do more and receive less for it, than American citizens. They also contribute a lot to Social Security and many of them will never receive benefits from it. If they were all suddenly gone, this country would go into an economic shock, which is something that anti-immigration fanatics seem unable to comprehend.
It is anti-illegal aliens. We have immigration laws but the problem is they are being ignored. I think that kind of economic shock would be a good thing. It would bring us to 0 unemployment, make few taxes necessary, and unload our emergency overloads and hospital expenses. Let's try it for a year and see if you are right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies