Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 11:06 AM

8,058 posts, read 3,923,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
The conservative hero, Rand Paul also voted no.
He's a fiscal hawk... he was guaranteed to vote no to all the goodies Republican put in the CR to entice Democrats to sign on.

What was in the bill that Duckworth opposed?

Old 01-21-2018, 11:39 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,726,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
No one cares.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:19 PM

4,010 posts, read 2,687,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattering Heights View Post
He was smart enough to stay out of Vietnam. Duckworth was not smart enough to stay out of Iraq.
Wow. You went there? As a vet myself and the daughter of a Vietnam vet, I find this statement thoroughly disgusting.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:22 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,424,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Let me get this straight "She graduated from the University of Hawaii in 1989 with a Bachelor of Arts in political science, and later received a Master of Arts in international affairs from George Washington University.[9]" knows MORE about medical conditions then military doctors who examined him and determined he was unfit physically for military duty.

Is THIS your CLAIM?

Medical deferments are a WHOLE LOT DIFFERENT then DRAFT DODGING.

If you want to talk about REAL draft dodging, we can talk about Bill Clinton.

I DON'T think you know much about how the military deferments work and CERTAINLY medical deferments.

Do you think your VP Joe Biden was a draft dodger?

He got 5 deferments?
And the Trump family history of draft dodging to the extent that gramps lost his German citizenship because of it. Treason is in his bloodline.

Last edited by what'd i miss; 01-21-2018 at 12:30 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 01-21-2018, 12:25 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,609,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Let me get this straight "She graduated from the University of Hawaii in 1989 with a Bachelor of Arts in political science, and later received a Master of Arts in international affairs from George Washington University.[9]" knows MORE about medical conditions then military doctors who examined him and determined he was unfit physically for military duty.

Is THIS your CLAIM?

Medical deferments are a WHOLE LOT DIFFERENT then DRAFT DODGING.

If you want to talk about REAL draft dodging, we can talk about Bill Clinton.

I DON'T think you know much about how the military deferments work and CERTAINLY medical deferments.

Do you think your VP Joe Biden was a draft dodger?

He got 5 deferments?
NOPE Trump hid in school and when that ran out he used a medical deferment...

Which was clearly fake. Trump never stopped clubbing, golfing, tennis etc.... while he was suffering from bone spurs.

what we have here Quick Enough is trump dodging the draft and YOU defending a draft dodger because he is "your guy"...

Old 01-21-2018, 12:25 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,480,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Noted that you think our military members are stupid for investing their lives to ensure there is a force to protect you when **** hits the fan. And then you're probably going to say you support through troops...
War is one of our basic human traits. I don't see us evolving out of that anytime soon, but we can make personal choices for peace or violence.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:34 PM

4,010 posts, read 2,687,895 times
My two cents....I'm going to have a bit more faith in placing the ultimate well-being of the military in a fellow soldier who LOST FREAKIN' BODY PARTS in a war defending our country, as opposed to a rich boy who came up with a lame-ass medical excuse to avoid the draft, but mysteriously, that medical excuse didn't stop him from participating in his favorite sports.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:43 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,803,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
My two cents....I'm going to have a bit more faith in placing the ultimate well-being of the military in a fellow soldier who LOST FREAKIN' BODY PARTS in a war defending our country, as opposed to a rich boy who came up with a lame-ass medical excuse to avoid the draft, but mysteriously, that medical excuse didn't stop him from participating in his favorite sports.

^^^ Well said!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgnsrIupomA

Old 01-21-2018, 12:56 PM

8,058 posts, read 3,923,764 times
Quote:
Duckworth filibustered a bill to which she has no legitimate objections to extort a DACA deal... CadetBoneSpurs is right as rain in this case.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:56 PM

2,246 posts, read 1,645,126 times
Quote:
Amen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies