Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your attitude toward sex robots? (This a multiple-choice anonymous poll)
I hope that sex with robots is seen, overall, as a sort of shameful perversion. 9 8.74%
I hope sex with robots is seen, overall, a just another form of sexual diversity; ideally there should be no bad stigma. 45 43.69%
Ideally, I would love to see legislation making sex robots illegal. 2 1.94%
I don't think sex robots will have an significant impact on society. 29 28.16%
I think that sex robots will soon generate a flurry of debates and will have major social impact. 15 14.56%
I have no interest in the technology, or in any debates generated by it. 20 19.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 09:40 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sounds weird, but why do you call them 'prostitutes' when people buy them to own? They are sex toys.
good point.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:42 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Right now the problem is price. High end sex robots are upwards of $15,000. But just wait till they're available for monthly lease (yeah, I know, the ick factor of a pre-owned sex doll).

Lol
If one wanted to invest and pretty much guarantee they will become rich, this is probably the market to get in on the ground floor.

With 'Realdoll' in the US and the much more realistic Japanese sex robots being made right now, I have a feeling this is going to be a HUGE issue in the years to come, Id say this may end up having more of a drastic impact on social relations that even cell phones did, once the android technology gets a little better, we will see less attractive guys walking around with robotic '10s', and the human female 10s may be left out in the cold.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:54 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
If one wanted to invest and pretty much guarantee they will become rich, this is probably the market to get in on the ground floor.

With 'Realdoll' in the US and the much more realistic Japanese sex robots being made right now, I have a feeling this is going to be a HUGE issue in the years to come, Id say this may end up having more of a drastic impact on social relations that even cell phones did, once the android technology gets a little better, we will see less attractive guys walking around with robotic '10s', and the human female 10s may be left out in the cold.
PERFECT!

More Hotties for regular people!

Make America Beautiful Again!

That's one way of breeding the fat, The ugly and the stupid out...

Cleans the urine out of the gene pool... LOL
The more this thread goes on the more I am in favor of this and the more I laugh. Potentially best thread of 2018 so far! Thanks OP!

Old 01-22-2018, 09:56 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,589,940 times
Quote:

It will be an interesting balance to see. High status males will always attract most females. As status declines at some point below a threshold, low status males could drop out of the dating pool altogether. Then again, I dunno the female mind. been married 15 years and still cant figure out much. I dont know how females will react as a group.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:06 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Agree, but personally the entire concept is creepy to me. Even if they looked, and acted lifelike, similar to the Stepford Wives. Still CREEPY! In fact Artificial Intelligence is getting creepy to me, but maybe I have just watched too many Terminator movies.
Yeah, like I said I have no problem with what consenting adults want to do with each other or a robot etc. but that doesn't mean I'd be keen on it myself.

We're probably a good 50+ years away from the really *scary* AI type stuff so I'll be dead and that will be someone elses problem.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:08 AM

19,626 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:

But it will become a loser badge because anyone can get one. Anyone can't get a human 10. Anyone can't even get a human 3. Especially guys who get those robots.

Imagine if homely women were prancing around with robot men who looked like Adonis, telling them fat is fabulous, you all would laugh at the pathetic delusional narcissism.

This is simply a lower step toward the decline and furthering human degeneracy. As we march closer to the cliff. Of course men who would get these creepy things want that.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:11 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
There are a number of good sci-fi or anime (Japan animation) shows that have touched on this concept in depth including ethical questions and other ramifications.

Ghost in the Shell to name one.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:12 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
The real question with these sex robots?

1) Can they make a sammich?

2) Do they come with a mute button?

ETA, one more thought. Can they make a "transformer" version? A sex robot that would, at the push of a button, convert into a motorcycle, would be AWESOME. Already love my bikes, it would walk itself into the house for winter storage and other purposes.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 01-22-2018 at 10:27 AM..

Old 01-22-2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyman at jewel lake View Post
the real question with these sex robots?

1) can they make a sammich?

2) do they come with a mute button?

lol

Old 01-22-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
But it will become a loser badge because anyone can get one. Anyone can't get a human 10. Anyone can't even get a human 3. Especially guys who get those robots.

Imagine if homely women were prancing around with robot men who looked like Adonis, telling them fat is fabulous, you all would laugh at the pathetic delusional narcissism.

This is simply a lower step toward the decline and furthering human degeneracy. As we march closer to the cliff. Of course men who would get these creepy things want that.
What of the women who have been buying sex toys for the last few decades? Are they as equally at fault for the degeneracy?

Is it ok when they do it?
No need to engage in sexual activity with a man when you have a fake dick at home?
No risk for STD
No risk for pregnancy
No having to deal with a dudes wants/needs/desires/attitude/chitty personality

That's okay though...

But when a guy makes a sex toy... and it simulates a woman... Now its chaotic and the end of the world because their toys are bigger and better?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies