Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 07:23 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
I still fail to see how folks believe if texts/memos/stink-eye looks are unearthed, somehow this all goes away for Trump. Work product gathered or processed by those investigators will simply not be used in Mueller's case. Fruit of the poisonous tree, and all that. Happens everyday in courtrooms across the country. When cop or a lawyer in the prosecutor's office messes up, they don't throw the entire case out, they just move onto other charges that aren't "tainted". That's why prosecutors tend to load up heavy on charges. Hedging the bet, so to speak.

Again, nothing new and nothing that doesn't happen everyday somewhere. Good thing too, otherwise the streets would be flooded with bad guys who would be free on a single technicality, which is of itself something of an urban legend. Does anyone actually believe a big money attorney like Mueller doesn't have this covered six ways to Sunday?
The thing I find interesting is that knowledgeable people put these things into writing. 30 years ago i went after a service support manager who was trying to force a change he wanted by creating an email trail that suggested it was a big safety problem. We had a good and careful analysis done and reached the conclusion the problem was not sufficient to require a field fix. He disagreed and started a sequence of emails that it was a problem. We finally went to his boss and jointly told him to knock off or we would fire him . He knocked it off.
So I would presume at this point that a Sr. FBI Agent and a ranking FBI lawyer should know you do not put it into an FBI text system if want to keep it private. Those sorts of things you talk about privately in a shower or a hot tube. Other wise you pick you words so that you would have no trouble with them in public at high noon.

Last edited by lvmensch; 01-23-2018 at 07:32 PM..

Old 01-23-2018, 07:30 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
I still fail to see how folks believe if texts/memos/stink-eye looks are unearthed, somehow this all goes away for Trump. Work product gathered or processed by those investigators will simply not be used in Mueller's case. Fruit of the poisonous tree, and all that. Happens everyday in courtrooms across the country. When cop or a lawyer in the prosecutor's office messes up, they don't throw the entire case out, they just move onto other charges that aren't "tainted". That's why prosecutors tend to load up heavy on charges. Hedging the bet, so to speak.

Again, nothing new and nothing that doesn't happen everyday somewhere. Good thing too, otherwise the streets would be flooded with bad guys who would be free on a single technicality, which is of itself something of an urban legend. Does anyone actually believe a big money attorney like Mueller doesn't have this covered six ways to Sunday?
The lost emails are basically their only defense, really a side issue and distraction regarding Muller's investigation. Too bad they lost them otherwise what would be the new claim. They have no proof of wrong doing, this is just another diversion from the meat of the investigation.

Old 01-23-2018, 07:48 PM

312 posts, read 268,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The lost emails are basically their only defense, really a side issue and distraction regarding Muller's investigation. Too bad they lost them otherwise what would be the new claim. They have no proof of wrong doing, this is just another diversion from the meat of the investigation.
I'll throw this back at you. The dossier is Mueller's only defense, which has been discredited multiple times. What evidence does Mueller have to insinuate that Trump is guilty of obstruction of justice? Remember, collusion is not illegal. Essentially, you - the court of public opinion - have already rendered Trump guilty even though there is zero evidence of any wrong doing, at least any evidence that is available to the public.

These texts are damning alone, which is why most of us are concerned that there was/is a concerted effort to undermine the Trump presidency. HOWEVER, I will give you that we the public do not have information on whether the anti-Trump bias displayed by top ranking FBI and DOJ officials in those text were exerted while on the job.

So this is not a distraction and it troubles me that you are not concerned about this at all. Republican or Democrat, we deserve to have faith and trust in the FBI/CIA/DOJ/DC in general. You can spin it all you want and say that Trump is trying to undermine the intelligence community, but the texts and other pieces of evidence, specifically the FISA warrant are what are undermining our faith in the intelligence community. If you back Trump into a corner with all these accusations of collusion and obstruction of justice, he is going to push back and defend himself - by attacking the FBI/DOJ. Any rational person would. And based on these texts, he has reason to.

Also, it's very interesting how you had zero faith/trust in the FBI when Comey reopened the email investigation 11 days before the 2016 election. But now, the FBI is your lord and savior. You have to be consistent. Stop playing partisan politics. It makes you look childish.

You also have to remember that Republican politicians will refuse to go down in a sinking ship with Trump, if Mueller does in fact find something. So I do not see them pursuing this unless there is factual evidence to believe that the FBI/DOJ were in fact trying to undermine the Trump presidency.

Old 01-23-2018, 07:51 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,212,614 times
POTUS could always ask Russia for them.

Old 01-23-2018, 07:57 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebebe View Post
No wonder people do not trust the government or politicians. This reeks of corruption and cover up and is not even being reported on MSM.
I was wondering if this was being reported on MSM. I tuned in after the gov't was re-opened and all they did was name call, I tuned out.

Old 01-23-2018, 08:04 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifercheswold View Post
I'll throw this back at you. The dossier is Mueller's only defense, which has been discredited multiple times. What evidence does Mueller have to insinuate that Trump is guilty of obstruction of justice? Remember, collusion is not illegal. Essentially, you - the court of public opinion - have already rendered Trump guilty even though there is zero evidence of any wrong doing, at least any evidence that is available to the public.

These texts are damning alone, which is why most of us are concerned that there was/is a concerted effort to undermine the Trump presidency. HOWEVER, I will give you that we the public do not have information on whether the anti-Trump bias displayed by top ranking FBI and DOJ officials in those text were exerted while on the job.

So this is not a distraction and it troubles me that you are not concerned about this at all. Republican or Democrat, we deserve to have faith and trust in the FBI/CIA/DOJ/DC in general. You can spin it all you want and say that Trump is trying to undermine the intelligence community, but the texts and other pieces of evidence, specifically the FISA warrant are what are undermining our faith in the intelligence community. If you back Trump into a corner with all these accusations of collusion and obstruction of justice, he is going to push back and defend himself - by attacking the FBI/DOJ. Any rational person would. And based on these texts, he has reason to.

Also, it's very interesting how you had zero faith/trust in the FBI when Comey reopened the email investigation 11 days before the 2016 election. But now, the FBI is your lord and savior. You have to be consistent. Stop playing partisan politics. It makes you look childish.

You also have to remember that Republican politicians will refuse to go down in a sinking ship with Trump, if Mueller does in fact find something. So I do not see them pursuing this unless there is factual evidence to believe that the FBI/DOJ were in fact trying to undermine the Trump presidency.
Great post, nicely stated.

You have to remember that many of these democrats are beginning to see it, they just aren't ready to admit it yet.

They fear this becoming just like the election where they fully believed Hillary was going to win because the media convinced them Trump had no chance.

The dems believed these same media outlets when they told them that Trump colluded with the Russian.

Remember that the illusion they have been living in the past year is being scattered, it will take time for them to orient themselves to reality.

Old 01-23-2018, 08:05 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
I still fail to see how folks believe if texts/memos/stink-eye looks are unearthed, somehow this all goes away for Trump. Work product gathered or processed by those investigators will simply not be used in Mueller's case. Fruit of the poisonous tree, and all that. Happens everyday in courtrooms across the country. When cop or a lawyer in the prosecutor's office messes up, they don't throw the entire case out, they just move onto other charges that aren't "tainted".
There isn't any case.

And people in the DOJ -- in these texts and emails -- are telling us that they KNEW there was no case but they and their co-conspirators publicized a total lie in an attempt to nullify the election.

ALL of the wrongdoing is inside the DOJ and FBI. There is no case against Trump. There never was, and there never will be. That side of things is entirely FAKE.

Old 01-23-2018, 09:48 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,242,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
POTUS could always ask Russia for them.
I think he should.

Old 01-23-2018, 10:02 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I love seeing how desperate Trumpians are getting.

Desperate about what?

Did Trump's e-mails mysteriously disappear?

Did Trump fix the MYE?

Old 01-24-2018, 06:32 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It means there will be NO one of any significance found guilty of anything. Nobody is going to find anyone in the Trump administration guilty of working against a system that was trying to bring him down.

There is an answer to all of this. Provide better candidates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies