Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2018, 10:46 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I love when people go back in time, and apply today's societal standards to the past. What does race have to do with the Income Tax? You just show your ignorance.
And I love when people pine for days that would have been a bad time for me.

Someone was looking to 1913. That is enough for me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 10:49 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Reading and viewing various aspects of todays media it seems obvious that Americans have been conditioned to hate each other politically ,its downright vicious at times,gets me to wondering how this hate for neighbor over his political opinion will resolve itself,is civil war inevitable with the end result a physically fractured/divided nation?
It can be delayed or avoided if Leftists and other Democrats back down or disappear altogether. Simple.

Old 01-23-2018, 11:40 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,924,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
It can be delayed or avoided if Leftists and other Democrats back down or disappear altogether. Simple.
Delayed, but not avoided. If Leftists go away and Conservatives run America into the ground, it will HAVE to declare war on somebody in about a generation. This is a good thread to take bets on who that is.

Old 01-23-2018, 11:51 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,987,107 times
Will never happen because those people calling the shots will never actually pick up a rifle. Just like Congress, they have no problem declaring war and sending troops into battle, but they will never do it themselves. Even though we have conflict on both sides of the isle, majority of Americans fall in the middle and just try and live their lives without any conflict.

Old 01-23-2018, 12:14 PM

1,330 posts, read 698,641 times
The southern states wouldn't survive long. Economically, they rely significantly on the blue states. The only exception would probably be FL (Tourism) and TX (Purple).

Old 01-23-2018, 01:15 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
The southern states wouldn't survive long. Economically, they rely significantly on the blue states. The only exception would probably be FL (Tourism) and TX (Purple).
You forget where a bulk of the farming and truck drivers come from...

If there were to be a civil war... it would be shutting off the cities food supply and let them have at it and fight over food.
Things become quite hairy when the food is stopped from reaching grocery stores, markets, and not being delivered from the field to the produce section.

I wonder. Who leans right and controls a bulk of the farming?

Old 01-23-2018, 01:18 PM

1,330 posts, read 698,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
You forget where a bulk of the farming and truck drivers come from...

If there were to be a civil war... it would be shutting off the cities food supply and let them have at it and fight over food.
Things become quite hairy when the food is stopped from reaching grocery stores, markets, and not being delivered from the field to the produce section.

I wonder. Who leans right and controls a bulk of the farming?
I think you also forget how much of the ag industry is propped up by government subsidies. There's also a number of blue states (or purple) that have Ag - IL, WI, MN, CA, OH, etc.

Old 01-23-2018, 01:23 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Quote:
I think you also forget how much of the ag industry is propped up by government subsidies. There's also a number of blue states (or purple) that have Ag - IL, WI, MN, CA, OH, etc.
So you're saying there are no republicans or right leaning farmers and truckers in those states?
Try again.

I grew up in upstate NY. You'd swear you were in little Texas or Oklahoma with the amount of farms (dairy, beef, poultry, fruit and vegetable) that were present.

Don't think for one minute they wouldn't shut the taps off if pushed. I worked on a farm when I was 16 as a result of taking my truck through a farmers field.
Even he said if there were to ever be a way to get back at Schumer and Cuomo it would be to shut the food supply off and just take care "of our own"

Old 01-23-2018, 01:27 PM

3,838 posts, read 3,064,305 times
Quote:

Yeah the red state army wearing its pink vagina hats. Now that's scares the heck out of me.

Old 01-23-2018, 01:31 PM

6,497 posts, read 7,525,332 times
Riots maybe, but civil war? No way.

Who's side would the current military fight in? Would it be divided in two?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies