Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2018, 04:14 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times

Advertisements

Yes, a civil war is coming, but only in the minds of "people" itching for an excuse to kill someone. Once you are away from the internet, you will find that sane people still exist and they are all over the place in great abundance.

For the most part, you may guess and think you have a clue, but will never know how deeply 99% the people you meet on the street feel about any issue.

And for the most part too, the others who wear their anger on their sleeves can be easily spotted because they stand out like the sore thumbs they are; when you see them - even though they may have seemed OK on the net - when you see this behavior in person you instantly know for a fact that they have a broken brain and should be ignored or better yet reported so that they can be picked up by the police.

The country is no where near as insane as the people you yack with on the net.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 04:27 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Think so huh? If you Conservatives really believed that, you would’ve gotten it started a long time ago.

But you know better, don’t you?
It's entirely up to the Left. They are determined to "fundamentally change" America. To take America down a notch.
We will defend our country against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Old 01-24-2018, 02:29 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Nothing would make Putin and certain other foreign players happier.

Too many Americans are focusing on an internal "us vs. them" mentality (i.e right vs. left, liberals vs conservatives, Republicans vs. Democrats), and in the process failing to see that the real enemies are external.

Anyone who has ever posted something here that begins with "You____ (fill in the blank)" is doing exactly what they want us to do.

Stop talking about civil war. Start looking for common ground with your fellow Americans, even if they have different views or lifestyles than yours.

And, yes, there IS common ground to be found. Most of us love our families, are concerned about paying bills and putting food on the table, and want America to be successful. We are all passengers on this big, wonderful ship called America.

Civil war isn't the answer; finding a way to listen to each other and meet somewhere in the middle is.
Civil war might be too strong a term but with the hate i hear and read about everyday on forums and media i was curious as to how people think the divisiveness will resolve itself.The thought of republicans or Democrats embracing each others political values or even making some compromise doesnt seem plausible at this point.post 233 is a good example of where one side is viewed as the enemy..

Old 01-24-2018, 02:38 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Let's be honest. If importing a foreign electorate and playing identity politics isn't causing divisiveness then nothing would.

Old 01-24-2018, 02:47 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Reading and viewing various aspects of todays media it seems obvious that Americans have been conditioned to hate each other politically ,its downright vicious at times,gets me to wondering how this hate for neighbor over his political opinion will resolve itself,is civil war inevitable with the end result a physically fractured/divided nation?
And who is going to organize, finance, and lead this Civil-War?

There is no money to be made from a Civil War, so it ain't going to happen.

The only way a Civil War would be possible, is if it was being covertly financed and organized by Russia and China.

Old 01-24-2018, 02:05 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Civil War - no. Bloodless split similar to the USSR in 1991- yes. And I think it will happen within 20 years.

You can't have a democracy when you don't have shared national values. Half of America wants limited or no immigration, the other half wants porous, even open borders. Half think the govt is too small, half think it's too big.
How is this very different from the long terms splits this country has always had?

https://www.salon.com/2016/07/14/our...has_ever_been/

Old 01-24-2018, 02:07 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,929,460 times
A peaceful breakup is far more likely and far more inevitable hopefully. Then no more American military might running roughshod over the world. I highly doubt the South would be able to man a huge army and navy etc without the blue states. I can't wait.

Hopefully up here we can pursue a European or Canadian style social democracy with universal health care, etc etc.

Maybe they can make redneck Atlanta their capital lol.

Old 01-24-2018, 02:09 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,929,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Nothing would make Putin and certain other foreign players happier.

Too many Americans are focusing on an internal "us vs. them" mentality (i.e right vs. left, liberals vs conservatives, Republicans vs. Democrats), and in the process failing to see that the real enemies are external.

Anyone who has ever posted something here that begins with "You____ (fill in the blank)" is doing exactly what they want us to do.

Stop talking about civil war. Start looking for common ground with your fellow Americans, even if they have different views or lifestyles than yours.

And, yes, there IS common ground to be found. Most of us love our families, are concerned about paying bills and putting food on the table, and want America to be successful. We are all passengers on this big, wonderful ship called America.

Civil war isn't the answer; finding a way to listen to each other and meet somewhere in the middle is.

No I won't cause I gave up long before they elected Trump. There is no common ground anymore as we can't even agree on the most basic idea of what govt is supposed to do. It's over. Move on from the USA.

Old 01-24-2018, 02:15 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
No I won't cause I gave up long before they elected Trump. There is no common ground anymore as we can't even agree on the most basic idea of what govt is supposed to do. It's over. Move on from the USA.
The individual states were supposed to be the government, with limits on the Feds placed by the Constitution, and certain enumerated rights.

Old 01-24-2018, 02:23 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
A peaceful breakup is far more likely and far more inevitable hopefully. Then no more American military might running roughshod over the world. I highly doubt the South would be able to man a huge army and navy etc without the blue states. I can't wait.

Hopefully up here we can pursue a European or Canadian style social democracy with universal health care, etc etc.

Maybe they can make redneck Atlanta their capital lol.
Do you even own a gun?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies