Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2018, 08:48 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Think so? Study Military Demographics. The vast majority of Enlisted through all ranks come for conservative back grounds. Do you think they will all follow orders to drop the hammer on their own folks? Collapse would ensue with units disbanding leaving with as much equipment as they could carry. Also remember that the heavy lifting in most recent combat zones has been done by NG units. It won't be as one sided as you think....Not going to happen any how short a major cataclysmic event but' it's fun to play what if....
Actually it's about a 60/40 split red and blue.

Furthermore their oath is to the constitution, not a party. That's the oath I took, and I believe it's the same today...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2018, 08:50 AM

2,587 posts, read 1,593,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Civil War - no. Bloodless split similar to the USSR in 1991- yes. And I think it will happen within 20 years.

You can't have a democracy when you don't have shared national values. Half of America wants limited or no immigration, the other half wants porous, even open borders. Half think the govt is too small, half think it's too big.
As an étrangère, with just a little dog in this hunt, I hope that your prediction doesn't come about at least for years.
I don't mind landing at JFK, Logan, or O'Hare, showing the multiple entry visa in my U.K passport and being welcomed into the country, but I might get a little ticked if that only got me as far west as say, Minnesota, or as far south as D.C.
If I had to get another visa to cross the Potomac and enter the New Confederacy to be able to travel as far south as Key West I might not be overjoyed.
To do it all again to travel west of Kansas into Colorado, then again for entry to Idaho, Oregon and up to the Canadian border, would put a damper on visiting a country that I've admired and visited a whole slew of times.
"One Nation under God, INDIVISIBLE, with liberty and justice for all."
I'd like to think that that includes me, in 42 years of travelling back and forth across the Atlantic, ever since I first came to celebrate your 200th birthday in 1976, the only transgressions I've committed have been speeding and parking, I paid them all, I don't owe the U.S. one thin dime, so think of all the taxes I've thrown in the pot, picking up checks for an untold amount of vodka and bourbon in bars from Boston, MA to Baton Rouge, LA and grilled grouper or prime rib in restaurants from Lansing, MI to Little Rock, AR, and keep The Land of the Free in one big piece, thanks.

Old 01-26-2018, 09:24 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Actually it's about a 60/40 split red and blue.

Furthermore their oath is to the constitution, not a party. That's the oath I took, and I believe it's the same today...
Can you imagine many of your conservative military mates walking from their pension to join up with a group trying to overthrow the U.S. government?

Among those, how many would be making off with drones, Hellfire missiles, etc.?

My spouse has some great RW friends who are always sending him emails that are forever infecting his computer with viruses. I can't imagine ever the most rabid RW ones taking up arms against the U.S.

They definitely would not have when they were in the service together.

As you said, they took an oath to protect the Constitution, not the Republican party.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:54 AM

653 posts, read 816,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Rednecks are too scared to fight for their ignorant beliefs. That's a fact! The majority hide behind keyboards and spew their ignorance from their safe places online..
wrong, thats what SJW do

Old 01-26-2018, 11:34 AM

1,704 posts, read 748,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
On this forum there were certainly many posts about civil war while Obama was in office.
No doubt all FOX news inspired posts by redneck rejects!

Old 01-26-2018, 12:35 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,595,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post

We see it all over this site, they are vile without no sense of redemptive quality.

The fool has no capacity for wisdom.
In the words of Proverbs 17:16: "Why should a fool have money in his hand to buy wisdom when he has no sense?"

he has “no heart” for it. He may seem to seek wisdom, but is incapable of recognizing or retaining it.
You have described yourself quite well as a fool.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Obama, and the Democrats only got pieces of "FUNDAMENTAL TRANSFORMATION" in place. This was Obamacare, and the plethora of erroneous regulations Obama put in place through EO's that Trump is now unraveling. The rest he tried to do with his divisive "You didn't build that!" rhetoric, and Trayvon Martin could be his son comments. Hillary was supposed to do the rest.

A large amount of the American populace was disgusted by Obama, Hillary, and the DNC platform, and that is why Trump was elected. That is when we heard more civil war, and succession talk.
Please just stop it!

President Obama was an excellent president. He accomplished much and would've accomplished more had the badly partisan and severely biased congress allowed it....

President Obama had more class in his baby fingernail than Trump has in his entire body...

Old 01-26-2018, 12:53 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,586,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
Please just stop it!

President Obama was an excellent president. He accomplished much and would've accomplished more had the badly partisan and severely biased congress allowed it....

President Obama had more class in his baby fingernail than Trump has in his entire body...
Yes, he was, but he was a far far better President for Mexico than the United States.

Old 01-26-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Yes, he was, but he was a far far better President for Mexico than the United States.
As President of the United States he was absolutely superlative!

As leader of the world, I'm certain the entire world would be in a much better place under his majestic leadership...And of course, that would have to include Mexico as well!

Old 01-26-2018, 02:43 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
As President of the United States he was absolutely superlative!

As leader of the world, I'm certain the entire world would be in a much better place under his majestic leadership...And of course, that would have to include Mexico as well!

"Superlative." "Majestic" even. Wow. Hail Ceasar, Glory to Rome. Worthy of temples and shrines. Yea, there was a lot of talk about civil war in the Obama years, but it didn't fire up with riots and vandalism on election night like it did with Trump. And I remember a LOT of contempt and disdain for talk of secession and rebellion against the Obama regime as well.

A lot of commentary about how any acts of secession and rebellion would be ruthlessly squashed by the federal government, anyone talking of such things was a fool . And so it went until it was the naysayers taking to the campuses and streets actively fomenting that very same talk out of the other side of the mouths involved.

Now its leftist dems talking about arming up and taking on the feds. It doesn't matter who it is smack talking about civil war, all are equally foolish, but any edge in foolishness would have to go to the radical left. They even went so far as to call for military coup. Please!! Trump is a racist homophobe so lets replace him with a military dictatorship?

These leftist wackos actually thought the military would stage a coup and then hand power over to the leftist elitists? That begs the question of please show me a military coup that has happened anywhere in which the military turned power over to a civilian authority.

I have to wonder what is in the minds of people advocating for civil war. First off, they obviously have never seen the face of any war, civil or otherwise. Oh, they have this grand vision of rally to the "cause", going over the top with the colors everything just dripping in the rightness they see as being worth fighting for.

The reality is either freezing or roasting in some nasty ditch somewhere, your friend or yourself dragging around wounds and illness that are not going to be medically treated, your loved ones either starved to death or going to the same wounds and illness. Hot food consists of some sort of roadkill rodent cooked in an old bucket (if your lucky enough to have a bucket or even water to spare for cooking). There would be NOTHING glamorous or inspiring about a civil war, and to my mind there is nothing on the table right now I would risk the lives of my loved ones or myself to get to shooting over.

I really have to raise an eyebrow at theseclowns talking civil war. Whether its some fat, beer swilling wannabe militiaman or some scrawny nerdling type ranting about social injustice inside the fence of their gated condo, neither has a clue what war would mean. The closest they've been to a gunshot wound has been from some movie, they've never missed supper let alone not eaten anything real in weeks or been deprived even of a drink of water. THAT is what war brings. Not glorious correction of oppression and righting of social wrongs.

Actually talking seriously about starting a civil war is shear lunacy. And just because its the left rather than the right advocating for it as of this moment that does nothing to make it any less so. It's just a bunch of Hollyweird leftist elitists spouting off about social justice and racial oppression trying to get people to rally to their trumpets. You don't think they are actually going to do any fighting themselves?

Civil war. Yea, we should get right on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies