Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 05:10 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,723,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Talk of civil war are from those that have given up on the country. Most, thankfully, have not.

I will say that we may be in for a litany constitutional crises because of Trump. Nothing we can't navigate through if we act for the greater good of the Country.
Would you care to opine as to what your greater good might be???

Interested
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 05:10 AM

51,648 posts, read 25,800,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Not to be glib however some of these folks are in sore need of a hobby ~ a better, more productive one.

These are the same folks who think romanticizing the American Civil War is a good idea, that one ~ where nearly a million people ended up dead or injured. It's not only extremely harmful, it's ridiculous.
Guess it makes sense that the those who celebrate the last Civil War would be promoting the next one.

Old 02-01-2018, 05:22 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,297,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Only if Trump is assassinated or removed from office.
If it happens, this mentality right here will be the cause.

It doesn't matter what he does, his people are so loyal that they will fight to their own death.

He tells a lie, the lie is proven with irrefutable evidence, and they attack the source.
He looks bad in a poll, polls are BS, but if he looks good in one, they are the gospel.
FBI can't be trusted, Trump obstructs justice and replaces the FBI Director with a Trump Patsy
-Trump Patsy finds so much BS from Trump Base he tells the truth. Now he's part of the conspiracy.

They basically blindly demonize ANYTHING that does not fit their narritive. They can be on both sides of the same issue in the same discussion, and are so blind to their thoughtless loyalty, that even when it's pointed out to them, IN BLACK AND WHITE, they find a way to deny it.

I saw yesterday:

G - Gaslight
O - Obstruct
P - Project

This is pretty much the most accurate thing I've heard. I was married to a person diagnosed with mental issues, and a trained therapist explained to me about (her) gaslighting in a lot of detail. I've read about it a lot. There is basically nothing you can do when someone is that far gone (I'm talking mostly about his base, not him, but it applies in both ways), except cut them out of your life. That is not really an option when the ring-leader has the reigns of our government, and can control the media with puppet strings by simply calling everything he doesn't like a lie ("fake news") and having nearly 40% of our voting nation latching onto it without as much as a thought.

Do an objective excercise: Look at how many times the Trump Supporters scream Fake News without the slightest shred of evidence, and then how many times it is proven not to be fake, yet they carry on ignoring the truth.

He has managed to make his followers believe that everything said against his narrative is a lie. If the lie is proven, it becomes part of the conspiracy, and his followers lap it up. If facts are presented, they paint the bearers of facts EXACTLY like I have described them above, only they have to ignore reality to get to that point.

WIth this being the environment, I am very pessimistic about how it might be resolved. He has litterally brainwashed a significant percentage (not majority) of Americans.

Last edited by Myghost; 02-01-2018 at 06:31 AM..

Old 02-01-2018, 06:11 AM

51,648 posts, read 25,800,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
If it happens, this mentality right here will be the cause.

It doesn't matter what he does, his people are so loyal that they will fight to their own death.

He tells a lie, the lie is proven with irrefutable evidence, and they attack the source.
He looks bad in a poll, polls are BS, but if he looks good in one, they are the gospel.
FBI can't be trusted, Trump obstructs justice and replaces the FBI Director with a Trump Patsy
-Trump Patsy finds so much BS from Trump Base he tells the truth. Now he's part of the conspiracy.

They basically blindly demonize ANYTHING that does not fit their narritive. They can be on both sides of the same issue in the same discussion, and are so blind to their thoughtless loyalty, that even when it's pointed out to them, IN BLACK AND WHITE, they find a way to deny it.

I saw yesterday:

G - Gaslight
O - Obstruct
P - Project

This is pretty much the most accurate thing I've heard. I was married to a person diagnosed with mental issues, and a trained therapist explained to me about (her) gaslighting in a lot of detail. I've read about it a lot. There is basically nothing you can do when someone is that far gone (I'm talking mostly about his base, not him, but it applies in both ways), except cut them out of your life. That is not really an option when the ring-leader has the reigns of our government, and can control the media with puppet strings by simply calling everything he doesn't like a like ("fake news") and having nearly 40% of our voting nation latching onto it without as much as a thought.

Do an objective excercise: Look at how many times the Trump Supporters scream Fake News without the slightest shred of evidence, and then how many times it is proven not to be fake, yet they carry on ignoring the truth.

He has managed to make his followers believe that everything said against his narrative is a lie. If the lie is proven, it becomes part of the conspiracy, and his followers lap it up. If facts are presented, they paint the bearers of facts EXACTLY like I have described them above, only they have to ignore reality to get to that point.

WIth this being the environment, I am very pessimistic about how it might be resolved. He has litterally brainwashed a significant percentage (not majority) of Americans.
To be fair, Trump's base has been willing participants in the brainwashing.

They chanted "Mexico! Mexico!"during the call and response portion of his rallies.

Now anyone with two wits to rub together knows that Mexico is not going to pay for Trump's wall. Even if they could afford it, why would they?

Trump tells one lie after another. It's a steady stream. He told a dozen or so during his SOTU speech on Tuesday.

Why they don't feel like chumps is somewhat of a mystery.

Old 02-01-2018, 07:38 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,639,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Reading and viewing various aspects of todays media it seems obvious that Americans have been conditioned to hate each other politically ,its downright vicious at times,gets me to wondering how this hate for neighbor over his political opinion will resolve itself,is civil war inevitable with the end result a physically fractured/divided nation?
Civil war isn't the correct term, but rather a revolution. Like the last one, this one will, if it happens, be a war aimed at reestablishing the law of the land, which King George of England, and today, the Demoncrat party ignore.

It will be a war brought on by the constant nibbling away at Constitutionally Protected rights, and made necessary by a mainstream media press that enabled the destroyers of our liberty, by promoting a "progressive" agenda, and obstructing those who seek to set it back on the right course. And it will be a war whose seeds were sewn by a "progressive" school system that undermined nationalism and a Judicial system the thwarted both the Constitution, and the Christian values, that created this nation.

Like the last one, there will be no clear battle lines, nor will there be a quick and decisive outcome. Unlike the last one, though the outcome, if war happens, will be the wreck our our civilization (and, ever since 2006, that is a term to be used loosely).

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Nah, just the liberal party of perpetual outrage beating their bongo drums desperately trying to spread their message of hate to anyone who will listen and just trying to stay relevant while the rest of the world has moved on.
Much of the disinformation that will make a revolution necessary can be found right here in this thread. I once thought that our nation would survive past the end of my lifetime, and I am sad that a "progressive" press and a deep state that is completely infiltrated by Islamist and Communist (see note) operatives will bring an end to it much sooner than I had earlier estimated.

Note:
There will be progressive who will cry that those are conspiracy theories, but the Deep State is well documented, and has been for years, the Muslim Brotherhood plan uncovered by the FBI, which is public record shows the infiltration of Islamists into our Government, and recently declassified papers reveal that McCarthy was right, and they knew it all along. Those who say they are conspiracy theories are engaging in the very disinformation I am talking about.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:37 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
A bigger question, and one you should ponder, is now that girls are allowed in the BOY Scouts, will the Girl Scout cease to exist? Where will we be able to get Girl Scout Cookies?

Fair point. I DO miss those Scot- teas

Old 02-13-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Keep in mind most of the Military are good old Southern and Midwest Boys.

We even have most of the bases and equipment. Most Libs hate guns and never shot one.

Keep thinking that!!

Old 02-13-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Listen, I think Pistol Pete whips Mikey Man Buns every day of the week.
Cause pistol Pete can't fight! Notice all you "patriots' cant solve a thing without bringing guns into it.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:45 PM

37,175 posts, read 19,183,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Keep in mind most of the Military are good old Southern and Midwest Boys.

We even have most of the bases and equipment. Most Libs hate guns and never shot one.
You apparently have met a different bunch of libs than the ones I used to deer hunt with.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:52 PM

You keep thinking that! If you righties think it's going to be such a cakewalk- go for it then! Go into South Central LA with your MAGA hats and pea shooters and yap about how the left are such soyboys! I'd pay good money to see THAT!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies