Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 05:50 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times

Advertisements

The dems refuse to allow them memo to be released but it was all Russian bots. Okayyyyy.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2018, 05:58 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post

#ReleaseTheMemo was heavily pushed on Twitter by Russian bots. 'nuff said. This whole memo thing is a bogus distraction once again meant to demean and slander the good people of the FBI.
LOL! Seriously?

Old 01-22-2018, 06:06 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
LOL! Seriously?
Russian bots or not, just ask a democrat if they want it released and the silence is frightening.
Tells you all you need to know.
Release it and then we can debate truth from fiction. I don't need Schiff or Nunes thinking for me.

Old 01-22-2018, 06:12 AM

1,705 posts, read 538,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Russian bots or not, just ask a democrat if they want it released and the silence is frightening.
Release it and then we can debate truth from fiction. I don't need Schiff or Nunes thinking for me.
I don´t think anybody has a problem of releasing the full document the FBI gave Nunes.
However, that is highly classified, with witness statements, facts, numbers etc etc, that could destroy the investigation.

The "PARTISAN memo" Nunes has created, gives a one sided view of the case.

We could probably do a "non-partisan" thing, and have the FBI release or declassify all the Trump tax returns and money laundering with the Russians, and any wiretaps from the last 5 years. Then have Nunes release his "memo".

Old 01-22-2018, 06:16 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
"Release it"

From what I have heard there is classified info that needs to be either redacted or removed or reclassified.

Every repub that has spoken out on this and is on the Intelligence Committee which has seen the info WANTS it to be released.

Not 1 single dem wants it released.

Tells us a lot.

Old 01-22-2018, 06:25 AM

57,270 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
I don´t think anybody has a problem of releasing the full document the FBI gave Nunes.
However, that is highly classified, with witness statements, facts, numbers etc etc, that could destroy the investigation.

The "PARTISAN memo" Nunes has created, gives a one sided view of the case.

We could probably do a "non-partisan" thing, and have the FBI release or declassify all the Trump tax returns and money laundering with the Russians, and any wiretaps from the last 5 years. Then have Nunes release his "memo".

It doesn't appear the memo will be released to the public, most of the congressmen outside the intelligence committee cant even review the classified documentation since they don't have the appropriate clearance so I doubt it will be made public.

The FBI has asked for the memo so they can address and respond to the criticism which should be the normal course of action, doesn't the house provide oversight. Instead they want to create a circus, it serves their purpose as a total distraction.

They consolidated thousands of pages into a 4 page memo based on the opinion of Nunes, Meadows and Jordan have zero credibility.

Quote:
Both Democrats and Republicans described the document as a top-line summary that is supported by classified documents and interviews. Apart from congressional leaders, lawmakers do not have high enough security clearances to view the other documents.

FBI says House Intel chief hasn't shared memo alleging surveillance abuses | TheHill

Old 01-22-2018, 06:25 AM

LOL! Really?

Old 01-22-2018, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The memo is a list of talking points put together by Republicans.

According to those who have seen it, it contains "factual errors" and references classified information.
Really? Is that why only one Democrat has chosen to read it? Must have told the rest of them, "no need," right? LOL

If it contains "factual errors," why don't the Democrats want it released, where they would be free to criticize it an point out those "factual errors?"

Those who have read it are pretty well convinced that it reveals a level of corruption not seen before in U.S. history, which extends to the highest levels of government, including President Obama. If it contains such "factual errors," no one would be saying that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSbDt451Dbw

Old 01-22-2018, 06:41 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,793,716 times
I think they are going to release it. Didn't Speaker Ryan say he'd approve it going through the necessary votes?

Anyway, two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead. It will come out sooner or later.

Old 01-22-2018, 06:47 AM

5,067 posts, read 2,277,519 times
Republicans need to cut the crap and release this, if it's really that big a deal.

https://theintercept.com/2018/01/19/...meless-frauds/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies