Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2018, 05:46 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,510,458 times

Advertisements

What is it with California? That's a serious question. What dynamics have been layed in the past for their behavior?
Seems to be so much hate in the law there?
If I lived there I would exit stage left.

California Democrats want some businesses to fork over half tax-cut savings to state | Fox News

Calling the Trump administration’s tax reform plan a “middle-class tax increase,” two California lawmakers introduced a bill that would force large companies to fork over half of their expected savings to the state.

Assemblymen Kevin McCarty and Phil Ting, both Democrats, introduced Assembly Constitutional Amendment 22, which calls for a 10 percent surcharge on companies with a net earnings over $1 million. The plan could potentially raise billions for the state's social services programs.

“It is unconscionable to force working families to pay the price for tax breaks and loopholes benefiting corporations and wealthy individuals,” Ting said in a statement, according to The San Francisco Chronicle. “This bill will help blunt the impact of the federal tax plan on everyday Californians by protecting funding for education, affordable health care and other core priorities.”
The Trump administration’s tax bill cut the corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 21 percent. The administration contends that the lessened tax burden will stimulate the economy and help the U.S. stay competitive on a global scale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2018, 06:00 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,258,541 times
I already started a thread on this. Why start another?

Old 01-22-2018, 06:01 AM

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I already started a thread on this. Why start another?
Oops, sorry. Didn't see it.

After I read your post l, I went to find your thread. Found it. I didn't correlate the title with what I was posting
Again, my apologies

Old 01-22-2018, 06:29 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,306,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
I

Oops, sorry. Didn't see it.

After I read your post l, I went to find your thread. Found it. I didn't correlate the title with what I was posting
Again, my apologies
The more threads the merrier. California is a mess and it's fun making fun of those sanctimonious West Coast libs. They need the money, after all they have the nation's highest poverty level...California has highest poverty rate of all US states, new report finds

California is so bad you can go online to Human Wasteland and track human poop all over San Francisco...(Human) Wasteland

New California is a group of very serious people who want to separate rural California away from the depradations of Sacramento into the 51st state. Good for them...https://newcaliforniastate.com

Eff California...I hope they lose more businesses.

Last edited by Dockside; 01-22-2018 at 06:49 AM..

Old 01-22-2018, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
The more threads the merrier. California is a mess and it's fun making fun of those sanctimonious West Coast libs. They need the money, after all they have the nation's highest poverty level...California has highest poverty rate of all US states, new report finds

California is so bad you can go online to Human Wasteland and track human poop all over San Francisco...(Human) Wasteland

New California is a group of very serious people who want to separate rural California away from the depradations of Sacramento into the 51st state. Good for them...https://newcaliforniastate.com

Eff California...I hope they lose more businesses.
Thanks for this info, Dockside
I had not heard of this.
I went to the link and looked around the site. Interesting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies