Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 09:10 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMyGritz View Post
Again, other people are obsessed with looks including those on this board. You're making my point
She doesn't have any videos or books concerning that beyond her own self care.
But yes, she looks wonderful. More importantly, she is fit

yes, she is 80 years old and looks fit and "good" because she has spent millions of dollars in plastic surgeries......many Hollywood celebrities can't age gracefully and they are addicted to plastic surgeries because they can't never accept getting old.

I'm not obsessed with looks....I'm not spending millions of dollars stretching my skin and doing liposuctions and going under the knife to look 30-35 years younger because I refuse to age gracefully and accept the fact that is part of nature and life to be old.

Fonda is selling books and herself as a product and is a fair question to ask about plastic surgeries and give her fans and the public education about plastic surgeries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 09:14 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Was the Cold War a fake war because Congress didn't officially declare it? that's an insult to our Military that fought it.

People die in wars, duh!!!,......you are saying that fighting the Nazis anywhere was a noble cause but not communism.

Communism killed over 100 million people and enslaved over 1 billion people and the liberals and the left in our country didn't want to fight it, they took the side of the enemy just like Hanoi Jane.
The cold war was a euphemism.

Old 01-23-2018, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Then you know damned well that the main crux of the protests was that Congress never declared war. Most protesters were protesting that young men were being drafted & sent there to be killed & Congress didn't have the backbone to declare war.

BHAAA!!!!! SO if Congress would have declared war then Fonda and the rest in the left would have been ok with it and not take the side of our sworn enemy and not take their cause? so it was a "technicality" issue in Congress? LMAO!!!

You know damn well they didn't believe in the war and didn't want to fight communism who killed 100 million people and enslaved over 1 billion people. A selfish generation.

Fighting Nazis anywhere was a noble cause but not communism? got it!

Old 01-23-2018, 09:29 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
Quote:
Then you know damned well that the main crux of the protests was that Congress never declared war. Most protesters were protesting that young men were being drafted & sent there to be killed & Congress didn't have the backbone to declare war.

The one time that I heard someone be disrespectful to a vet, I told him off & reminded him that the beef was with Congress. One of my cousins was sent to Nam & after 50 years he got the Congressional Medal of Honor last summer. His parents were upset when he was sent. They didn't like him being sent to an undeclared war. I knew no parents who were happy about it. It was a big topic of conversation with people of all generations. The longer it went on, the more angry the older people got, too.

I'll say what I've said to many vets. I'm sorry that you got sent to the generals' games. I've had men break down & cry & thank me because that's exactly how they felt about it.

Jane should never have gone to Hanoi. She was manipulated by the 2nd husband, who used it for political purposes.

When I enlisted most of the people my age that I knew didn't want to get killed. If you think there was not a large number of people who were against it simply for that reason you are mistaken. In retrospect I feel like Nixon and Johnson sold us down the river. What parents would ever be "happy" about their son being sent off to war? Sorry> You said it wasn't a war. Ask your cousin if he thinks it was not a war......
I doubt very much if any of those generals thought it was a "game". Save your sorry for the South Vietnamese. They are the ones who paid dearly. Salute to your cousin. As a participant I respect his views. He has earned the right.

Old 01-23-2018, 09:40 PM

Quote:
BHAAA!!!!! SO if Congress would have declared war then Fonda and the rest in the left would have been ok with it and not take the side of our sworn enemy and not take their cause? so it was a "technicality" issue in Congress? LMAO!!!

You know damn well they didn't believe in the war and didn't want to fight communism who killed 100 million people and enslaved over 1 billion people. A selfish generation.

Fighting Nazis anywhere was a noble cause but not communism? got it!
If you were around at that time, you would have heard it. One of my grandmothers was for the war. No one else in either family was for it. All of my friends had just about the same ratio in their families.

You're damned right it was all technicalities. If Congress had declared war, the generals would have been bound by the rules of war. How many soldiers & civilians died from Agent orange? That would have been off limits.

It was somebody else's civil war. The British government had to pay us for one of their prime ministers sticking his nose in ours. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

To get back to Ms Kelly, she knew that Jane Fonda & Robert Redford were there to talk about a movie. That was her job. She was supposed to talk about the movie. That's why they pay her the big bucks. There was no reason to talk about plastic surgery. Zero, zilch, nada. Considering the amount of speculation about Robert Redford possibly having plastic surgery over the years, anything about plastic surgery should have been after discussing the movie & should have been general & addressed to both of them. Ms Kelly wasn't smart enough to do her job.

Old 01-23-2018, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
When I enlisted most of the people my age that I knew didn't want to get killed. If you think there was not a large number of people who were against it simply for that reason you are mistaken. In retrospect I feel like Nixon and Johnson sold us down the river. What parents would ever be "happy" about their son being sent off to war? Sorry> You said it wasn't a war. Ask your cousin if he thinks it was not a war......
I doubt very much if any of those generals thought it was a "game". Save your sorry for the South Vietnamese. They are the ones who paid dearly. Salute to your cousin. As a participant I respect his views. He has earned the right.
I wrote to my cousin when he was there. I know what his feeling was then. I'm good with saying what I just said & like I said, I've known a lot of vets who feel like I do. Of course Johnson & Nixon sold you down the river. The generals told them to, & Congress let them. It doesn't mean that Jane should have made that trip. Her scumbag husband was behind it & used it for political benefit.

Old 01-23-2018, 09:58 PM

Quote:
If you were around at that time, you would have heard it. One of my grandmothers was for the war. No one else in either family was for it. All of my friends had just about the same ratio in their families.

You're damned right it was all technicalities. If Congress had declared war, the generals would have been bound by the rules of war. How many soldiers & civilians died from Agent orange? That would have been off limits.

It was somebody else's civil war. The British government had to pay us for one of their prime ministers sticking his nose in ours. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

what????? the U.S. fought the Vietnam War with 1 hand tied behind their backs because our government didn't want to escalate the war to China, Japan and Korea.......bound by the rules of war like in WW 2 where we bombed lots civilian cities in Germany and Japan and dropped 2 A-bombs in Japan to force them to surrender. Those rules of war?

the war was to fight communism aggression just like Korea.......if we didn't fight then the rest of Asia and Europe would have fallen to communism because we didn't have the balls to fight and then what? ......then the war with the Nazis would have been a waste of time if we would let Communism take over the world.

tell that to the people of South Vietnam, that it was a just civil war......for them it was an invasion of communist aggression. Go ask them after the communists took over if getting killed, tortured, raped and put in concentration camps and be enslaved under communism was a fake war for them.

Old 01-23-2018, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMyGritz View Post

I used to watch Megyn Kelly but now don't trust her as far as I can throw her..

and you trust more Hanoi Jane?..........she has earned our respect and trust.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:05 AM

Quote:
what????? the U.S. fought the Vietnam War with 1 hand tied behind their backs because our government didn't want to escalate the war to China, Japan and Korea.......bound by the rules of war like in WW 2 where we bombed lots civilian cities in Germany and Japan and dropped 2 A-bombs in Japan to force them to surrender. Those rules of war?

the war was to fight communism aggression just like Korea.......if we didn't fight then the rest of Asia and Europe would have fallen to communism because we didn't have the balls to fight and then what? ......then the war with the Nazis would have been a waste of time if we would let Communism take over the world.

tell that to the people of South Vietnam, that it was a just civil war......for them it was an invasion of communist aggression. Go ask them after the communists took over if getting killed, tortured, raped and put in concentration camps and be enslaved under communism was a fake war for them.
We took over from the French. They started the mess & left. We got rid of Diem & that's when the whole thing spiraled to hell. I grew up hearing about the domino theory. The official term for the Vietnam War was "the undeclared Vietnam War", at the time that it was going on. We watched it every night on the news. Don't lecture me.

Your girl was in the wrong.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:34 AM

Quote:
We took over from the French. They started the mess & left. We got rid of Diem & that's when the whole thing spiraled to hell. I grew up hearing about the domino theory. The official term for the Vietnam War was "the undeclared Vietnam War", at the time that it was going on. We watched it every night on the news. Don't lecture me.

Your girl was in the wrong.

and we took over parts of Europe and the Pacific islands and parts of Asia after WW 2, what is your point? the world was a mess after WW 2,,,,,,, like the Nazis we had to deal with communist aggression or you think we fought WW 2 and defeated the Nazis to hand it over to the Communists?

you think if we didn't fight in Vietnam that would have stopped there?.....tell me when was the right time to respond and fight? when they have taken over Vietnam, Korea and Japan and Southeast Asia and gone to Western Europe and they have the advantage and our surrender would be voluntary?

My girl? bhaaaaa lame!...... I would love to tap that a$$ and for her to be my sugar momma but I could care less about her and 110% certainty I could care less about Hanoi Jane and wouldn't shed a tear when she dies.. She is a traitor and will always be a traitor to me and to many soldiers., I don't care how much Hollywood kisses up to her and worships her.

Last edited by Hellion1999; 01-24-2018 at 12:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies