U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 07:47 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,444,356 times

Advertisements

The reasons are two-fold:

1.) The jobs are being killed (and I believe deliberately by both Big Government and Big Business) in rural areas, forcing everyone into more cramped cities. As a result, the price of land, housing, etc, all go up due to all the competition. Finding a way to stay decently employed (without having to resort to selling meth, etc) in rural areas would alleviate that.

2.) Allow more land development. With the Enemies of Progress Association (EPA) blocking so much development and the government illegally nationalizing land, we have huge sections of our country undeveloped. We need to throw this "climate change" BS out the window and start developing land. That will bring the cost of housing down.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2018, 08:06 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,076,857 times
Agree but I blame immigration flooding our cities and suburbs. And foreigners buying up property.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:10 PM

3,909 posts, read 1,935,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Agree but I blame immigration flooding our cities and suburbs. And foreigners buying up property.
Are you seriously upset at others who are more/as successful than you?

Old 01-22-2018, 08:34 PM

5,889 posts, read 2,886,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Invaders and uninvited guests, you mean? The only thing at which they might be more successful is being a Commie tool and amassing obscene amounts of wealth through theft and oppression.

How is some scum of the earth like that "more successful" than even a modestly paid tradesman or manual laborer that actually earns money through an honest day's work?

I have zero respect for these foreign nouveau riche. A lot of them are nothing but commie thugs/criminals.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Invaders and uninvited guests, you mean? The only thing at which they might be more successful is being a Commie tool and amassing obscene amounts of wealth through theft and oppression.

How is some scum of the earth like that "more successful" than even a modestly paid tradesman or manual laborer that actually earns money through an honest day's work?

I have zero respect for these foreign nouveau riche. A lot of them are nothing but commie thugs/criminals.
Who the hell are you to call me scum of the earth? I'm a foreigner. Shame on you! Can't help you arnt successful and jealous.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:43 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,323,810 times

Old 01-22-2018, 08:47 PM

Quote:

Here is another one of the posters quotes. What a human of "class"

Quote:
They weren't necessarily priced out per se...but the established white people left when their kids left home, just as the Asians took over and ruined it - basically making it undesirable for younger white families to enter or for young white people to stay and establish their own adult lives there - because there isn't any point. Now Cupertino is basically the least diverse place in the entire Bay Area - just look at the schools. If any other district had 99% Asian enrollment, it would be front page news. Al Sharpton would be on scene with Jesse and the Rainbow Coalition, trying to shake someone down. There's gotta be SOME money in that, right? Where are all the blacks? The Mexicans? It's raciss, I tell you!

Old 01-22-2018, 09:41 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,076,857 times
Quote:
Non sequitur. I'm "upset" that foreigners are even here in such massive numbers whether or not they are as or more successful than me.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:49 PM

41,841 posts, read 20,216,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
The reasons are two-fold:

1.) The jobs are being killed (and I believe deliberately by both Big Government and Big Business) in rural areas, forcing everyone into more cramped cities. As a result, the price of land, housing, etc, all go up due to all the competition. Finding a way to stay decently employed (without having to resort to selling meth, etc) in rural areas would alleviate that.

2.) Allow more land development. With the Enemies of Progress Association (EPA) blocking so much development and the government illegally nationalizing land, we have huge sections of our country undeveloped. We need to throw this "climate change" BS out the window and start developing land. That will bring the cost of housing down.
I live in the Charleston SC area -- not many immigrants moving in and housing prices soaring with the onslaught of jobs from Boeing, Volvo, etc......supply and demand are what drives prices up.

Huh? Jobs are being killed where? in the rural areas. So you want government to mandate we all move to rural areas.

No thank you.

Allow more land development. Where do you live that they don't allow land development. Residents in my neck of the woods are demanding that municipalities stop all growth.

I don't which bubble you life in but it doesn't represent the south east at all.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:00 PM

5,889 posts, read 2,886,407 times
Quote:
Who the hell are you to call me scum of the earth? I'm a foreigner. Shame on you! Can't help you arnt successful and jealous.
So you're a commie laundering his filthy commie lucre? Read my post again, dude. See, this is a good example of why immigration is destructive. Bunch of foreigners come here , can't read because English isn't their first language, get all pissy over a totally valid comment.

Quote:
Here is another one of the posters quotes. What a human of "class"
Yah, and its TRUE. You don't like the truth? What's the problem? Truth not allowed back in Red China, I know. But you're in America now. We don't have to lie to avoid being sent to a camp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies