Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2018, 06:16 AM

50,244 posts, read 46,997,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I guess school shooting are now so common place now they are par for the course. Is that what you are saying? According to you we should just get used to kids shooting kids in school. How disturbing and pathetic.

If so, no greater argument for in control can be made.
San Diego Unified uses actual cops in school.

It works
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2018, 06:17 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
It`s just as easy to get a bomb as it is to get a gun? Early reports are that a gun was used, not medications or bombs.
It is important for the media propaganda machine to omit perspective and cherry pick 'facts' in this situation to fit the liberal left anti gun narrative. Especially important for a first impression news story.

why are the mass shootings in Chicago, Baltimore, et al, ignored?
Tough gun laws there. As Obama said, cities with the strictest gun laws are the safest.

Hey if you like your guns, you can keep your guns. Tell me another story, please.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:22 AM

29,444 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8556Vernon View Post
Liberals have no idea how to stop this. All guns will never be banned. I'm for banning semi autos.

I'm also for certain trained staff to have a gun
Why just semi auto's ? Just curious...

Old 01-24-2018, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Crickets from Trump on this incident.

This kind of terrorism is more real to me than some random immigrant making a political statement.

My son was two blocks away from where Dylan Roof opened fire in a church.

I'm so glad I don't have a kid in a school anymore. One less place to worry about an American who has mental health issue killing people.
What is he going to say ? If he did , no matter what he said it will be twisted and picked apart by the haters. Not to mention, the investigation isn't even complete yet, and we know how jumping to conclusions and speaking out about them worked so well with our previous POTUS.
I'm sure he will say something in time.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Look at all the excuses from the “I have to compensate for my shortcomings in life by having 1,000 guns†crowd, again.

Just another day in America.

Who cares about another school shooting? Let’s conplain about NFL players kneeling and deporting dreamers who are productive members of society.

So ***backwards.

What does this have to do with a 15 year old stealing a firearm and committing murder ?

Old 01-24-2018, 06:56 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
And the hoaxers are already at it.

Foul, disgusting human beings...

Old 01-24-2018, 08:01 AM

50,244 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Why just semi auto's ? Just curious...
I hate to say it but when someone shoots up a place with a pump and detachable 30 rounder mag maybe they'll figure out how useless banning tools really is. Or a series of pipe bombs.

Old 01-24-2018, 08:53 AM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Is there a perfect solution? One that guarantees there will never be an illegal shooting ever again? Of course not.

But there is a solution that will cut such crimes way down. In fact, it has been on the books for hundreds of years... but gets violated all the time, so it hasn't had much effect.

One of the greatest benefits from having all citizens able to own and carry guns, is deterrence.

Even if the laws conformed to the 2nd amendment (anyone can own and carry a gun if he wants), most people still wouldn't bother carrying. But a few would. And a criminal contemplating robbing or assaulting someone with a gun, would know there's likely someone in the crowd who has a gun and knows how to use it. He has no idea which direction a bullet might come from, but it's likely that one (or more) would.

And so he might decide not to commit his crime after all.

How many crimes would never get done in the first place, if everyone were allowed to carry, even if most didn't bother?

https://www.tysknews.com/Depts/2nd_A...g_hysteria.htm
https://www.ncjrs.gov/txtfiles/165476.txt
https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/

Study after study has shown that even with the laws restricting law-abiding people from carrying, there are still millions of incidents where a crime was stopped by the "victim" producing a gun, or even mentioning that he had one. There are no statistics for how many criminals decided NOT to commit a crime because the victim or a bystander might have a gun, but they are likely sizeable.

The people still demanding "gun control" laws know this. They have been told repeatedly over many years, that the laws they demand, never work as advertised. They have even proved it themselves, by putting such laws in place, only to come back later and insist we need more, because they laws they made last year didn't work..

We The People remain the best defense against criminals intending us harm. Not cops, not government authority (so easily and frequently abused), not "gun control" laws. And yet the Gun Control advocates still demand such laws, despite knowing they will only restrict the law-abiding.

Why, exactly, do these people demand laws that only restrict the people they claim to want to "help"?

Old 01-24-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
San Diego Unified uses actual cops in school.

It works
When my first son was five, I deliberately moved from San Diego Unified to Poway Unified School District, so that he could be in a better district that teaches kids more effectively.

Sounds like it was one of my better decisions. Never seen a cop in a school since.

From what you folks are telling me, San Diego Unified needs cops. Scary.

Old 01-24-2018, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Crickets from Trump on this incident.
He didn't come to my son's birthday party either. I'm never voting for the guy again.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies