Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2018, 11:08 AM

693 posts, read 357,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
That actually is not true. Most victims of black crime in America are non-blacks.

My understanding, is that most black victims, are victims by the hands of other blacks....while most white victims, are victims by the hands of other whites.

Bulk of crime is not interracial, meaning it's usually either white on white or black on black.

Old 01-31-2018, 11:24 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbernard View Post
My understanding, is that most black victims, are victims by the hands of other blacks....while most white victims, are victims by the hands of other whites.
Those are true statements, but it is also true that a majority of the victims of black crime are white, Hispanic, Asian, or other and not black.

Quote:
When whites commit violence they target other whites 82.4 percent of the time, blacks 3.6 percent of the time, and Hispanics 7.8 percent of the time. In other words, white violence is directed overwhelmingly at other whites. When blacks commit violence only a minority — 40.9 percent — of their victims are black. Whites are 38.6 percent and Hispanics are 14.5 percent. Hispanic assailants also attack their own group less often than they attack others. Their victims are: Hispanics — 40.1 percent, whites — 50.7 percent, and blacks — 4.7 percent.
https://www.amren.com/archives/repor...vised-edition/

Last edited by The Dark Enlightenment; 01-31-2018 at 11:32 AM..

Old 01-31-2018, 11:35 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
This is only violent crime:

https://www.amren.com/news/2015/07/n...violent-crime/

Quote:
This table can be used for a number of interesting calculations. First, we find that during the 2012/2013 period, blacks committed an average of 560,600 violent crimes against whites, whereas whites committed only 99,403 such crimes against blacks. This means blacks were the attackers in 84.9 percent of the violent crimes involving blacks and whites. This figure is consistent with reports from 2008, the last year DOJ released similar statistics. Perhaps not coincidentally, that was the year Mr. Obama was elected president.

Interestingly, we find that violent interracial crime involving blacks and Hispanics occurs in almost exactly the same proportions as black/white crime: Blacks are the attackers 82.5 percent of the time, while Hispanics are attackers only 17.5 percent of the time.

Old 01-31-2018, 11:54 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Dems hate this mainly because of the nonunion-teachers.....at least that is what I have read a lot
on various websites. The racist-angle is just a side-issue.

Old 01-31-2018, 11:56 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Dems hate this mainly because of the nonunion-teachers.....at least that is what I have read a lot
on various websites. The racist-angle is just a side-issue.
The OP is not a 'Dem" and it is HE who put forth the racist angle.

In my state, I can tell you Charter Schools have been largely ineffective and certainly have not been held to the same standards.

THAT is why Dem's oppose them.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:03 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
I didn't read the whole thread, and am responding to the OP.

Charter schools aren't necessarily racist, but they are elitist - which isn't necessarily a bad thing, IMHO.

The local neighborhood school requires virtually no effort on the part of the parents. You just sign your kid up and stick 'em on a bus.

Charter schools require more parent participation. They require the parent go through the selection process and almost never provide transportation - so the parent has to do that on their own steam.

So basically, charter schools sift out the kids whose parents aren't willing to put in much effort. And those parents don't come in one specific color, IMHO.

Last edited by ClaraC; 01-31-2018 at 12:26 PM..

Old 01-31-2018, 12:04 PM

693 posts, read 357,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Those are true statements, but it is also true that a majority of the victims of black crime are white, Hispanic, Asian, or other and not black.

https://www.amren.com/archives/repor...vised-edition/

I'd rather not get my info from white separatist groups.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/...-hit-bjs-study

Old 01-31-2018, 12:49 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I didn't read the whole thread, and am responding to the OP.

Charter schools aren't necessarily racist, but they are elitist - which isn't really a bad thing, IMHO.

The local neighborhood school requires virtually no effort on the part of the parents. You just sign your kid up and stick 'em on a bus.

Charter schools require more parent participation. They require the parent go through the selection process and almost never provide transportation - so the parent has to do that on their own steam.

So basically, charter schools sift out the kids whose parents aren't willing to put in much effort. And those parents don't come in one specific color, IMHO.
That's too broad of a statement. In my district, we have universal choice and charters are part of the district choice process. You are guaranteed a seat at your boundary school if you want, but you have the option to try for a seat at any school you want, including charters. Admission is by lottery, and all you have to do is list the name of any charters you are interested in, along with any traditional schools. And many schools, including my son's, actually give a preference to students from low income families - sad to say that is frequently correlated with being a racial minority, but at least some effort is being made to address the educational inequities that are a factor in that.

It's true that didn't used to be the case here, but they wanted to get away from that selection process that did create a barrier for some families, particular where parents might be non-native English speakers or other reasons that the process seemed intimidating.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:57 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbernard View Post
I'd rather not get my info from white separatist groups.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/...-hit-bjs-study

I posted the same link because the stats come from the Bureau of Justice.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:57 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I agree with you on the above and will add that we humans are all the same race.

The posters that you are responding to are very attached to the idea of genetic superiority, yet I doubt they can even define "intelligence" from a universal perspective, something that they believe IQ tests are measuring.

I agree most failure and success in life is from a combination of thoughts, decisions, and actions that one takes in their life along with their own individual view of what is and is not failure and/or success.

Many posters here seem not to be able to come to grips with the fact that their skin color or ethnic origins doesn't make them superior to anyone else. What matters is your socio-economic positions, nutrition, nurturing (or lack thereof) received in early childhood, and as an adult your thoughts, behaviors, and actions. Not a test. Intelligence cannot be accurately or adequately defined and cannot be measured by a test. Humans are a diverse species and as a species, depending on the environment of which we were reared/live we will develop the skills/intelligence that is deemed the most important in said environment, which may not coincide with the test that the posters believe that everyone needs to score well on to be "successful."

Will note, that recently I have been re-reading a text that I read in college. It basically discusses the fact that for many people in America and in Europe because of cultural values, that the definition of "success" is historically rooted in assets and/or currency Working toward those aims are what is deemed the most important aspect of "success" and this mindset, due to colonialism has spread across the globe and become a part of the mindsets of various humans, who prior to their interactions with Europeans, may not have placed value on working towards their (the European) version of "success." For various other cultures around the world, having "things" and money was/is seen as pointless endeavors/possessions in the grand scheme of life. Who's to say who is right or wrong? Different people value things, and the skills/talents (i.e. intelligence) that one set of people may find to be of the greatest benefit to society/mankind another group of people may not find that sort of intelligence to be valuable at all in their society.

Absolutely correct. We were all black once, because we all derive from Africa. Migration from the equator reduced the need for excess melanin to protect from the sun, and skin color lightened. We are one race, and ONLY one race.

And also correct about IQ testing. It tests nothing of real importance to success in life.

The bottom line is that success and happiness and peace and rationality and virtue are EQUALLY possible to all humans who CHOOSE to pursue rational goals based on their human nature.

The reason some people seek a racial determinant to wear as some sort of Cloak of Superiority is this: They are insecure and frightened about their own individual incompetence. So they look for deterministic causality for their presumed superiority. A superiority which does not exist and is the figment of an irrational and silly lack of introspection. And they look for the warmth of membership in the illusion of some superior herd. Racism has been described as the most primitive form of collectivism, and that is exactly what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies