Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 08:21 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
So...it’s ok to abandon moral standards to “win”? Gross.
I’m not a liberal/left/Democrat. Used to be Republican. Not remotely interested in rejoining unless there are significant changes. This is one reason, I see.
hold on
Hillary
Trump

you are really suggesting Evangelicals abandoned moral standards by making the binary choice of supporting Trump over CLINTON? if you are you have no capacity to see this side of the debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 08:27 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I guess the difference is many on the left don’t pretend that they never had an affair and promote a deep concern for those who did while criticizing same sex marriage as blasphemy. Where are those evangelicals that came out of the woodwork when Clinton had affairs, where is the decency. Who exactly are these people supporting Trump and Moore. You don’t have to try to be not be a hypocrite you’re already there and you’re happy.

So what are you gaining in Trump that you wouldn’t have achieved under Clinton, repeal of same sex marriage, repeal of Roe v Wade, what’s the return. Trump never supported anything remotely associated with the religious right he was even pro choice but now he is embraced.
yea in the first case, the hypocrisy charge no longer matters whatsoever to me or to the political right. you guys gave that up long ago.

As for what we "gain" There wont be overturning gay marriage. There shouldn't be and Trump has never suggested such. Remember Trump was the first Republican Nominee to give a prime time speaking spot to a gay person at the Republican Convention. AND has said exactly that. (by the way I have always been of the opinion that gay marriage should be the law, because of the constitution).

seriously when the subject of morality voting comes up, there may very well be an internal discussion/debate by those of us who are on the right, but you people on the left? NOPE. We aren't hearing you. We don't care what you say or think. you abandoned any form of a right to such an interjection on the matter long ago.

go back to your immoral sandbox and do whatever it is you do. WE DONT CARE. AND we don't care what you think.

Old 01-25-2018, 08:30 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
If you’re talking about repentance, in my church at least, part of the process is admitting mistakes and working to not repeat them. There are more nuances to it, of course...it is ultimately between the person, God, and perhaps their clergy person, but it gets muddied up in the public eye with how you respond to any accusations.
Yes, and 45 has quite notably stated that he has nothing to be forgiven for.

So, I guess he doesn't believe his repeated adulteries are/were sinful.

Guess it doesn't matter when Perkins and Graham are willing to repent for him.

Of course, that's not how it's supposed to work but they seem more than happy to game the system for their guy.

Old 01-25-2018, 08:56 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Pro-abortion does not mean you want all babies aborted.

Being pro-abortion means you do not want any limits on abortion.

If you are pro-abortion, you want abortion at any time, for any reason, right up to the ninth month, and even during the actual birth. So the doctor can either snip the spine, or inject the baby with a sedative, and then vacuum out his little brain, before his little face is pulled out of the mother.
Any doctor who would do such a thing would and should lose their license.

Howard Dean said that 20 years ago.

There are many moral, well intention people who have a different belief of when life begins.

Like you have been told, nobody is for abortion. Some of us think it is between a woman, her G-d and her doctor.

FWIW, my niece was pregnant with a very much wanted baby. IDK what happened. The baby was dead. She had to carry her dead baby until they were afraid it would kill her before the doctors in her town would take the baby.

Some of us think some of you people have no hearts.

Old 01-25-2018, 09:52 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Any doctor who would do such a thing would and should lose their license.

Howard Dean said that 20 years ago.

There are many moral, well intention people who have a different belief of when life begins.

Like you have been told, nobody is for abortion. Some of us think it is between a woman, her G-d and her doctor.

FWIW, my niece was pregnant with a very much wanted baby. IDK what happened. The baby was dead. She had to carry her dead baby until they were afraid it would kill her before the doctors in her town would take the baby.

Some of us think some of you people have no hearts.
That is where you are wrong. I've been around here for a long time, and have had many discussions on abortion, and yes, there are definitely people who favor abortion for any reason, at any time, even late term abortions.

These pro-abortion advocates have said, as long as the mother wants the abortion, no one has the right to deny her one, even in the ninth month of pregnancy.

There are also pro-life people who want to ban any abortion after conception.

So don't tell me that no one is for abortion.

Old 01-25-2018, 10:01 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
hold on
Hillary
Trump

you are really suggesting Evangelicals abandoned moral standards by making the binary choice of supporting Trump over CLINTON? if you are you have no capacity to see this side of the debate.
No, I was basing that on your comments of abandoning the playbook and so on. Sounded like you were saying that you (general) were giving up on what you (general) felt was right and just doing whatever it takes to win, including giving mulligans to a man who did the same sorts of things you (general) got all bent over if it wasn’t someone on your (general) side. It should be the same for all...mulligans to all, or none for all.

Old 01-25-2018, 10:34 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
That is where you are wrong. I've been around here for a long time, and have had many discussions on abortion, and yes, there are definitely people who favor abortion for any reason, at any time, even late term abortions.

These pro-abortion advocates have said, as long as the mother wants the abortion, no one has the right to deny her one, even in the ninth month of pregnancy.

There are also pro-life people who want to ban any abortion after conception.

So don't tell me that no one is for abortion.
OK, i was wrong about that. I understand that there are those who will go to the wall to support a woman's right to do with her body what she pleases. Kinda like the NRA will support any arms instead of giving an inch on the things that can kill a classroom full of kids in a couple minutes.

I still think a medical license should be revoked for any Dr who would do it.

Old 01-25-2018, 12:34 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
hold on
Hillary
Trump

No. IF they said - hey we had a choice between two bad candidates and we picked one - that's one thing.

But holding signs thanking Jesus for Trump is another. Franklin Graham promoting Trump as a man of God is yet another.

And Tony Perkins (another self professed man of God) saying that it doesn't matter WHAT Trump does - evangelicals will support him is yet another.

Evangelicals are a right wing PAC and that's it. Christian values seem to have escaped them.

Old 01-25-2018, 12:44 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
No. IF they said - hey we had a choice between two bad candidates and we picked one - that's one thing.

But holding signs thanking Jesus for Trump is another. Franklin Graham promoting Trump as a man of God is yet another.

And Tony Perkins (another self professed man of God) saying that it doesn't matter WHAT Trump does - evangelicals will support him is yet another.

Evangelicals are a right wing PAC and that's it. Christian values seem to have escaped them.
Exactly.

This sums it up pretty well, too.

https://johnpavlovitz.com/2018/01/24...licals-people/

Old 01-25-2018, 01:05 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Yup, this is it. It’s one thing to talk about how he was the best of two choices, for you. It’s one thing to believe in forgiveness and mulligans for all.

In this forum alone, though, I see him elevated to being like Christ, being the next Christ, ordained by God, a God Emperor, etc. It’s hypocritical, blasphemous and sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies