Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2018, 01:22 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Lee View Post
You are assuming that every teacher is interested in gun.

I know many teachers who are female. They never hold a gun in their entire life, lest shooting.

Can we force them to hold gun and even participate in drill? I doubt it. I guess it violates their constitutional rights.
I knew that was coming.

What part of, allow. Not force. Allow... did you miss?

That's the difference between liberals and I.
Liberals want to force everyone to adopt their BS.
I want to ALLOW the right to be armed and trained to handle the threat.

Far as women go, they're on the rise for CCW permits nation wide.

Old 01-24-2018, 01:22 PM

29,447 posts, read 14,628,378 times
Quote:

I know many teachers who are female. They never hold a gun in their entire life, lest shooting.

Can we force them to hold gun and even participate in drill? I doubt it. I guess it violates their constitutional rights.

Just like everyone else. Owning a firearm is a choice. I don't think there would be any intention of forcing someone to carry one if they don't want to.

Old 01-24-2018, 01:24 PM

29,447 posts, read 14,628,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
I knew that was coming.

What part of, allow. Not force. Allow... did you miss?

Cherry picking as usual.

Old 01-24-2018, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Cherry picking as usual.
I'm ready for the next response... I can see this one coming from a mile away...

Old 01-24-2018, 01:26 PM

34,228 posts, read 18,565,195 times
Quote:

No, the proposed programs are VOLUNTARY. Only those teachers that WANT to participate, and accept training, and the rules.

Old 01-24-2018, 01:31 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,143,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
No, the proposed programs are VOLUNTARY. Only those teachers that WANT to participate, and accept training, and the rules.
But if the entire teachers and staff are not interested at all in carrying concealed weapons, do you mean the campus does not need to be protected?

And carrying concealed weapons is not even a Federal law. It is too far flung for this proposal.

Old 01-24-2018, 01:32 PM

4,136 posts, read 2,835,898 times
Quote:

I wouldn't discount all educators, there are some who are military or LE, with that said, the majority that I've come across and still do, have zero interest in that kind of training, carrying a weapon etc.. The mindset just isn't there from what I've come across. Of course there are other variables that I'm leaving out, but for the most part, they don't see themselves in that way (engaging an active shooter, terrorist, etc..).

Old 01-24-2018, 01:33 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,143,902 times
The best way to protect campus security is to PAY for it.

Many High Schools are already understaffed. Many teachers are already overloaded with school works. Most parents will just wish their teachers pay more attention to the students than participating in drill at the shooting ranges.

Old 01-24-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
But if the entire teachers and staff are not interested at all in carrying concealed weapons, do you mean the campus does not need to be protected?

And carrying concealed weapons is not even a Federal law. It is too flung for this proposal.
Then they don't get to blat when it happens as they enabled it by not taking the measures to secure it and are held liable for providing a target rich environment with no measures to protect life liberty and pursuits of happiness.

Carrying concealed weapons is a federal law protected by the constitution and states have the rights to regulate as they see fit.

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Bearing arms, means openly carrying or concealed carrying. Some states don't even issue a license or permit to carry at all. Vermont and Missouri come to mind.
They believe in constitutional carry.

Old 01-24-2018, 01:35 PM

4,136 posts, read 2,835,898 times
Quote:
The best way to protect campus security to PAY for it.

Many High Schools are already understaffed. Many teachers are already overloaded with school works. Most parents will just wish their teachers pay more attention to the students than participating in drill at the shooting ranges.
No one is saying that they're going to be training every day, once a month or during staff development days, there's time, it's just getting enough teachers willing to take that time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies