Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2018, 03:25 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,112,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post

It's the last one that I'd say most would have a hard time with. If you're going off of "It's a deterrent", well there's a lot better deterrents - motion sensing flood lights, alarm systems for doors and windows, security cameras (even if fake, it's a deterrent) etc to make your house less likely of a break-in.

You make yourself the least desirable house to break into, then they'll choose an easier target.
The lights and stuff are worthless in many places. We have a 5-15 minute wait for police response and those out in the county 25-30 minutes. They will have you robbed and dead in 5 minutes and be gone.

Old 01-24-2018, 03:36 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,143,902 times
Refugee:

When concealed weapon is such a bad law, why enforce it in my state?

You mean you can't even afford to send your kids to private school?

That is it. I hate to talk with losers.

Old 01-24-2018, 03:44 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Lee View Post
Refugee:

I don't have kids. I have alot of pricey hobbies though, I have more fun this way. Otherwise if I had kids, yes I could afford to put my kids through a private school.

Concealed weapons are legal in Florida. Hence why I moved from that overtaxed utopian sh!thole of NY. My weapons are all legal. Very little tax burden. Year round Harley weather, jetski weather. No need for a hunting license while on private property. I live in tropical America. Was either going to be here or Texas.

Old 01-24-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:

That moment when you realise you just lost and have to revert to insulting

Loser. LOL

Old 01-24-2018, 03:59 PM

29,444 posts, read 14,628,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
That moment when you realise you just lost and have to revert to insulting

Loser. LOL
Again, typical. Right out of the leftist playbook.

Old 01-24-2018, 04:15 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,134,844 times
Quote:
Refugee:

Wow. I hope you don't teach your kids this kind of attitude.

Old 01-24-2018, 04:17 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,900,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
But, I've been burglarized 3 times in the last 20 years. The last time they had to actually move a handgun in a case to get to my fire safe. So, had I come home 10 min earlier it could have been bad.

That and I hunt so I have quite a collection of firearms. Now I also have a remote capable security system of cameras and sensors too.
I do not own a firearm and have NEVER been burglarized in my 72 years of life. I have lived in a small town outside of NYC, in a medium sized town in New Jersey, in a suburb of Chicago, in the city of Chicago, in a suburb of New Orleans and in a suburb of Houston, TX. It seems more likely that I would be harmed or killed here in the Houston area as so many people carry guns including people with road rage. In Illinois in my suburb, the only gun shot I ever heard was when animal control had to kill an injured deer that had gotten on to the *el* tracks close to my house.

We had one bike stolen out of our back yard by a kid. No gun involved.

Old 01-24-2018, 04:23 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,744,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yes, we know. The solution to an overabundance of guns is...MORE GUNS!
Gun free zones don't work. Why do you think mass shootings happen in Schools, movie theaters, concerts, etc...?

And when there's an active shooter on the loose, somebody has to call the police (someone or a group of people with a gun)

Old 01-24-2018, 06:25 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,143,902 times
"Concealed weapons are legal in Florida. Hence why I moved from that overtaxed utopian sh!thole of NY. My weapons are all legal. Very little tax burden. Year round Harley weather, jetski weather. No need for a hunting license while on private property. I live in tropical America. Was either going to be here or Texas."

Only those who cannot afford to live in Hawaii are stuck in Florida. I don't understand what is to brag about a place where there are hurricanes, sink holes, alligators, mosquitoes, high humidity,....etc.

Texas is just lame as Florida. I stayed there for a while and can't stand the boredom and dull landscape.

I live in a place where there is least gun violence, strict gun law and very low crime. Of course the residential property tax rate is absurdly low. Average home price is at least three or four times more expensive than Florida but insurance cost me half of what you paid. And of course I got year round Harley weather and year round jetski weather. But fortunately no crazy gun show, no crazy gun vendor in Walmart and no concealed carrying weapon.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:44 PM

Quote:
"Concealed weapons are legal in Florida. Hence why I moved from that overtaxed utopian sh!thole of NY. My weapons are all legal. Very little tax burden. Year round Harley weather, jetski weather. No need for a hunting license while on private property. I live in tropical America. Was either going to be here or Texas."

Only those who cannot afford to live in Hawaii are stuck in Florida. I don't understand what is to brag about a place where there are hurricanes, sink holes, alligators, mosquitoes, high humidity,....etc.

Texas is just lame as Florida. I stayed there for a while and can't stand the boredom and dull landscape.

I live in a place where there is least gun violence, strict gun law and very low crime. Of course the residential property tax rate is absurdly low. Average home price is at least three or four times more expensive than Florida but insurance cost me half of what you paid. And of course I got year round Harley weather and year round jetski weather. But fortunately no crazy gun show, no crazy gun vendor in Walmart and no concealed carrying weapon.
We don't have volcanos to worry about or incoming nukes from North Korea LOL

Mosquitos? My town sprays for them. Non issue.
Humidity sucks.
Nightlife is good.

You think paying more in taxes is good? I keep more of what I earn.

Bag on Florida all you want. Let a tsunami come or volcano boil over you're doomed you're way out in the middle of the ocean with nowhere to go.

Me. 6 hours I'm in Georgia. You?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies