Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2018, 08:39 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,012,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Unless you live in a ghetto your chances of being shot and killed are very, very small. But, keep believing the hype.
And yet STILL many times the chances of being shot in the UK! Of course if we discount the 'ghetto' or gang shootings in the UK as well then the amount of people shot to death here is practically zero! What else are you going to suggest to try and skew your ridiculously high figures? Discount everybody who has brown hair? Not include people under 6ft 2in tall?

Old 02-01-2018, 08:39 AM

29,433 posts, read 14,618,885 times
Quote:
Unless you live in a ghetto your chances of being shot and killed are very, very small. But, keep believing the hype.
You beat me to it. Can't blame them though. They only see the national news. They don't understand that one state that is filled with gun owners crime rate can be huge from just one city.

Old 02-01-2018, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
You beat me to it. Can't blame them though. They only see the national news. They don't understand that one state that is filled with gun owners crime rate can be huge from just one city.
See post 191.

Old 02-01-2018, 08:42 AM

50,234 posts, read 46,991,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
And yet STILL many times the chances of being shot in the UK! Of course if we discount the 'ghetto' or gang shootings in the UK as well then the amount of people shot to death here is practically zero! What else are you going to suggest to try and skew your ridiculously high figures? Discount everybody who has brown hair? Not include people under 6ft 2in tall?
Oh the drama. I know for a fact you all aren't hoplophobes. Ghetto shooting ghetto, not really concerned here but thanks for the fake concern. 400 million people, I'm way more concerned about my daily drive than some gang banger shooting another one thousands of miles away.

Old 02-01-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Oh the drama. I know for a fact you all aren't hoplophobes. Ghetto shooting ghetto, not really concerned here but thanks for the fake concern. 400 million people, I'm way more concerned about my daily drive than some gang banger shooting another one thousands of miles away.
Ah I see, so these people simply don't count? Even without the 'ghetto shootings' of 'non-humans' the rate 'over there' is STILL astronomical compared to 'over here'! Perhaps life is cheap there? Tighten your ridiculous 'gun laws' and less people will die, simples, or perhaps saving even 1 life is of no importance to you?

Old 02-01-2018, 09:05 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,493,553 times
Quote:
Great idea! Its simple, buy more guns! I propose that every child over the age of two has two guns, one in each pocket (for protection you understand),
No where did I say give toddlers firearms...LOL

Quote:
get James Bond to wander the campus looking for idiots and then when somebody comes a shooting he can simply kill them all without any loss of life (because like Bourne and the like he is trained to kill hundreds whilst not receiving a scratch himself).
Ahh. I see... your knowledge stems from movies...

Quote:
Instead of a School Bus simply transfer the kids too and from school in a Sherman Tank, then if anybody suspicious looking is hanging around the school gates you can give em the full barrel.
LOL a Sherman Tank!

Quote:
Instead of school uniforms simply get all kids to wear bullet proof vests and tin helmets.
Tin helmets won't stop anything... I doubt a kid would be able to be comfortable in 3A with plates and trauma pads...

Quote:
If all else fails call in NY refugee and he will come along and exterminate any crazed teenager that decides to kill children by simply 'dropping' and 'rolling' the way he's seen it done on NCIS New York. Problem solved!!
Nah, call the unhinged limey to use their comedic hyperbole to distract the shooter.

Quote:
Then you can all go around telling the world how wonderful guns are, and who knows, instead of thousands and thousands of citizens getting shot to death every year you may even reduce that number by half (which would then only be 100 x what it is in the UK instead of 200 x)
It would certainly thwart school shootings with an armed deterrence present the moment it starts, rather than waiting for police to arrive minutes after it started.
But you get your information from movies so I can't really fault you all that much...

Old 02-01-2018, 09:11 AM

Quote:
See post 191.
You don't get it though. There is no skewing of the numbers. There are over 300 million firearms across our country. Yet most of the violence is concentrated in a few small areas across it, and some of those areas firearms are highly regulated. I know common sense is difficult for some, but if firearms were the problem, would we have violence everywhere in our country ? Not just in certain hotspots ?

And why am I even debating with you anyway ? You aren't from this country and don't understand except for the talking points you pick up from the media. Firearms will never be gone from this country, sure they could be banned, but then only the law abiding will follow that, leaving the criminals to have them. It's just something you don't get. Even though the same kind of thing is happening in your country, only instead of a firearm it is a knife.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:

Exactly. I feel the same way and I live near one of the deadly "hotspots".

Old 02-01-2018, 09:34 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,790,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
And why am I even debating with you anyway ? You aren't from this country and don't understand except for the talking points you pick up from the media. Firearms will never be gone from this country, sure they could be banned, but then only the law abiding will follow that, leaving the criminals to have them. It's just something you don't get. Even though the same kind of thing is happening in your country, only instead of a firearm it is a knife.

When the police pulls you over in Europe, the patrol don't have to say "keep your hands where I can see them", as nobody will have a gun anyway. In the US the assumption is that anyone may have a gun.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:36 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
It’s not even February yet.

Build that wall huh?
Yes. Build the wall.

Tell parents to lock up their guns.

Problem solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies