Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 10:00 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,069,270 times

Advertisements

Yes I know it makes all kinds of generalizations, but it's funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo0KjdDJr1c

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 10:43 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,120,849 times
Not too far off. The result of 19th place ribbons. "Everyone's a winner"

Old 01-25-2018, 10:50 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Actually, I was strongly reminded of the Valley girl thing, which is pre-Millennial.

Old 01-25-2018, 10:53 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Not too far off. The result of 19th place ribbons. "Everyone's a winner"
Lol... It's not even close to the truth. But, sure, it's funny.

Can't be a day at CityData without a stupid bash the millennials thread.

Last edited by HockeyMac18; 01-25-2018 at 11:02 AM..

Old 01-25-2018, 10:59 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,110,637 times
Yes, very funny and entertaining.

Old 01-25-2018, 10:59 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,589,940 times
Er not close. We have a few at my second job. I WILL say I find them odd but I would imagine the gen before me found me odd.

Old 01-25-2018, 11:08 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
I just listened to a roundtable on CEO diversity, and they discussed millennials at length. They said that there's a leadership gap between the Baby Boomers and Generation X because Gen X isn't interested in corporate careers.

And there is a lot of talent in the millennial generation, and a lot of ambition, but that they are very different from any generation that came before them, and flexibility of work scheduling is one of the main differences. They don't want to have to spend 9 to 5 in a cubicle, they want the flexibility of making their own hours and working remotely. And the smart companies are making accommodations for them. That as long as they accomplish their assigned tasks the parameters of work hours shouldn't matter.

I think the millennials are going to change a lot about the way we work going forward, and it's not necessarily a bad thing.

The video in the OP touches on this in a humorous way, but it certainly appears to be a reality in this generation.

Old 01-25-2018, 11:12 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Lol... It's not even close to the truth. But, sure, it's funny.

Can't be a day at CityData without a stupid bash the millennials thread.

All that you need to do to understand the mindset of right wing types on city data is listen to Rush Limbaugh for 5 minutes some day. It's nauseating, but enlightening. You will realize how truly vapid most of these people are, all the while thinking they are better informed than everyone else.

Barely a sentence goes by on Limbaughs radio show that doesn't mention: Democrats, liberals, millenials, or snowflakes with a negative connotation.

Old 01-25-2018, 11:29 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Actually, I was strongly reminded of the Valley girl thing, which is pre-Millennial.

Hearing proficiency on Twitter reminded me of Trump.

Old 01-25-2018, 11:33 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I just listened to a roundtable on CEO diversity, and they discussed millennials at length. They said that there's a leadership gap between the Baby Boomers and Generation X because Gen X isn't interested in corporate careers.

And there is a lot of talent in the millennial generation, and a lot of ambition, but that they are very different from any generation that came before them, and flexibility of work scheduling is one of the main differences. They don't want to have to spend 9 to 5 in a cubicle, they want the flexibility of making their own hours and working remotely. And the smart companies are making accommodations for them. That as long as they accomplish their assigned tasks the parameters of work hours shouldn't matter.

I think the millennials are going to change a lot about the way we work going forward, and it's not necessarily a bad thing.

The video in the OP touches on this in a humorous way, but it certainly appears to be a reality in this generation.
They refuse to speak, talk on phone or ask questions.

Beyond maddening. One is on thin ice because of this. Intelligent and capable .. but refuses to admit might not know something or ask a basic question ... about anything. Sad. May be out of a job soon because of it. Has been told a number of times .... SPEAK. Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies