Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2018, 11:16 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Exactly. And they're trying to justify their hatefulness with flimsy assertions such as "if only they didn't flaunt their gayness in our faces" or "if only they weren't so loud about it". Kind of like how racist white people used to talk about "uppity Negroes" back in the 1950s.
Its not, actually.

I don't care for anyone "flaunting" his or her sexuality out in the open.

I understand that we humans are sexual animals. I like that.

Doesn't mean I want to see and or hear about your sexual adventures or problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2018, 12:12 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I dont care what you do or where you take a crap if there are stalls.

I do care when they expect my daughter to change for gym with a boy who thinks he is a girl.
^^^^^ This.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Unless I missed it we are on page 3 and nobody blamed Trump yet.

I guess this means the world will be ending in 3,2,1...
LOL.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Yeah, seeing as how you mention Christians... they think LGBT folks are weird?? Seriously??? They're running around having conversations with some dude who lives up in the clouds, like he's a real person who actually has some control over what goes on down here.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Because the religious and the government roles became unfortunately mixed in the institution of "marriage", thus making the government the gatekeeper of the religious institution.

At its core, religious marriage is a social function with a metaphysical foundation rooted in the act of opposites coming together to create. Its foundational to civilization. Anything that corrupts that definition, within the social institution of marriage and whether by government or not, corrupts "marriage".

Again, in order to stay out of the hair of the religious folk all that was needed was to make civil unions legally equal to marriage and then to allow gay civil unions. That would have satisfied every single practical requirement of pro-gay marriage advocates.

But that wasn't good enough. What they wanted was an incursion onto the religious territory of the religious people whom they despise, claiming that only gay "marriage" was equal and ignoring the practical solution that would have given everyone the same rights and legal status while preserving the religious sanctity of the institution.

So, that puts the question back to you. Why do gays care what the relationship is called?

They could have had legally equal civil unions, but instead deeply cared what it was called and chose to stoke the ire of the religious in this nation for as long as the law stands.

Do you think there won't be significant legal push-back in the perhaps distant future? There will be. Something will change in this nation and gay marriage will be significantly challenged in spite of the supreme court ruling.

The gay community could have won their game for legal rights and have been free of this battle for eternity. Instead, they chose to play poor chess. And after all of that struggle. It's a pity.
^^^^^ Your caring about the nomenclature isn't going to change anything. It isn't going to 'put the genie back in the bottle' or 'unring that bell'. The 'cat is permanently out of the bag', so to speak, so why put any energy into caring about the above. I don't get it.

Old 01-26-2018, 02:47 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
They make up 1% of the population but they shove them in our faces in every movie and TV show.. otherwise I don't really care much either way.. I just get tired of major media being the outlet for social causes. It's like when they throw the unnecessary sex scene into a war movie... ugh. This crap again? I don't need to have a tranny side story in a war movie or see your sorted affair.. stop obsessing with sex when I'm trying to enjoy my entertainment. They feel this need to shove sex into everything and force feed it to our kids at a young age, meanwhile they go into life lacking basic skills to get by.

Old 01-26-2018, 02:58 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
They make up 1% of the population but they shove them in our faces in every movie and TV show.. otherwise I don't really care much either way.. I just get tired of major media being the outlet for social causes. It's like when they throw the unnecessary sex scene into a war movie... ugh. This crap again? I don't need to have a tranny side story in a war movie or see your sorted affair.. stop obsessing with sex when I'm trying to enjoy my entertainment. They feel this need to shove sex into everything and force feed it to our kids at a young age, meanwhile they go into life lacking basic skills to get by.
Sounds like you'd like to kill them all. Am I right?

I've noticed that the people who are cranky about gays are cranky about nearly every category of people other than their own.

Old 01-26-2018, 03:05 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Sounds like you'd like to kill them all. Am I right?

I've noticed that the people who are cranky about gays are cranky about nearly every category of people other than their own.
I get cranky at a lot of stuff when it comes to movies. I get cranky when they throw in unnecessary bass booms everywhere and don't bother mastering the sound so that you can hear the dialog, and it's not my system.. I have a dolby atmos 5.1.4 setup.

As far as being cranky about my own people, I used to get cranky all the time.. superficial, sex obsessed, no depth to any of the conversations.. but as I red pill I've learned to accept everyone and let stuff slide and be tolerant and focus on my own growth and not what everyone else is doing. I can see that animal instincts and biology drive our behavior most of the time.. very few people can rise above their primitive urges, including myself. Those people who can are the ones who excel. I see life as a game now.. learn different things, learn to master the game to manipulate people in a playful manner of course while remaining true to "myself" if there is such a thing.. we are all just a result of DNA and parental upbringing, media, environment, etc.

Nothing against LGBTQ, don't want to see them dead.. live and let live.

Last edited by sholomar; 01-26-2018 at 03:16 AM..

Old 01-26-2018, 03:10 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
I get cranky at a lot of stuff when it comes to movies. I get cranky when they throw in unnecessary bass booms everywhere and don't bother mastering the sound so that you can hear the dialog, and it's not my system.. I have a dolby atmos 5.1.4 setup.

As far as being cranky about my own people, I used to get cranky all the time.. superficial, sex obsessed, no depth to any of the conversations.. but as I red pill I've learned to accept everyone and let stuff slide and be tolerant and focus on my own growth and not what everyone else is doing. I can see that animal instincts and biology drive our behavior most of the time.. very few people can rise above their primitive urges, including myself. Those people who can are the ones who excel. I see life as a game now.. learn different things, learn to master the game to manipulate people in a playful manner of course while remaining true to "myself" if there is such a thing.. we are all just a result of DNA and parental upbringing, media, environment, etc.
Thank you for that civilized response. I admit I judged you a bit too quickly. Sorry about that.

Old 01-26-2018, 03:25 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I think it's more of Americans being fed up with the nonstop barrage of in your face petty drama and intolerance shown by the LGBTQ community than being uncomfortable with their lifestyles.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/amer...172719953.html
Bingo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies