Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2018, 08:05 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,933,389 times

Advertisements

The LGBTQ community have every right to be vocal about not being given the same rights as other citizens of the United States. Just as other minority groups have had to find for things, they are doing the same.

People throw around blanket statements like the whole LGBTQ community are bullies and they throw it in people's faces. They force people to deal with their nonsense and gross lifestyle choices. Well, conservatives/christians do the same thing they accuse the LGBTQ community of. Forcing beliefs on a society (not all members of LGBTQ at that) because they have fears about a group of people. And it is fear that they have, because they fear this group being allowed to marry, being allowed to adopt, holding positions in school where their children attend, etc. It's a phobia.

LGBTQ people have very similar and "normal" lives just like the rest of the world. They have families, go to church, are involved in community programs and volunteer. They aren't this sordid group of people who are lurking around every corner to jump some unsuspecting straight person and turn them. They aren't walking around waiting to flash their genitals and tell you all about their sex activities.

For conservatives to be so worried about these people who live this "disgusting lifestyle", maybe take a look in your own backyard and see all the corruption and disgusting lifestyles that many straight people are living. You shout snowflakes every chance you get, but HELLO...pot kettle black!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2018, 08:25 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,877,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
But, aren’t you being dismissive of her concerns?

It’s easy to be white and flippant, I guess.
1. I’m not being dismissive of s*it, she is not going to be deported. That was her fear. His policies.

2. Why do you assume I am white?

3. Back off already.

Old 01-26-2018, 09:11 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,263,234 times
What I have always wanted to know is why the T's are lumped in with the LGB 's ? Its hardly the same thing, although I can see that some T's might have sexual identity problems resulting from being T. But one is simply a sexual desire. The other is a problem in the mind with your biological identity.

I couldn't care less about homosexuals. Their sex lives are none of my business, and I have a few gay friends. No big deal.

I don't care if the transgendered want to dress and act like the opposite sex. I don't care if they use the bathrooms of the sex they wish to act as. I do care when they insist on being allowed into areas like locker rooms were nudity is common , especially when children have access to these areas, like at my YMCA , where I and other men often share the locker room with the kids swim team changing after their session while we are changing to go out to the free swim time. To insist that a bio female who thinks she is a man should be allowed in to undress in this situation is pure nonsense. Its also rampant stupidity to try and convince America that "men" are having babies because a trans woman got pregnant, as some news sites have done. I don't care if Bruce Jenner wants to wear a dress and makeup. That's his right. But anyone who expects me to believe that Bruce Jenner is a woman because of this and because he changed his name to Kate or Kaitlyn or whatever has lost their marbles.

Old 01-26-2018, 09:17 PM

15,431 posts, read 10,350,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
How so?
They are different because Gay is sexual orientation, Trans is perceived gender identity.

Old 01-26-2018, 09:27 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,107,511 times
As a gay male, this somewhat upsets me if it's due to the transgender policy pushing. I'm mostly liberal, obviously in a very liberal city, but I can appreciate the criticisms of the bathroom issue.

With gay marriage, it was a pretty clear issue with a pretty clear solution that really doesn't affect other people. With the transgender bathroom issue, it does open up a can of worms.

In the LGBT community, you have many people who are truly transgender. They identify as the opposite sex and that's how they live their lives. You also have drag queens and kings, who may only identify as that opposite sex in certain contexts. And you also have people who are not at all LGBT who might use a bathroom policy for very nefarious reasons that could lead to victimization and loss of safety.

So I'm not for just opening up public and communal womens' (or mens') restrooms to whomever happens to say they are female or male on that particular day. Private restrooms that anyone can use one at a time with a lock, sure. But trying to push this social issue with NO thought of the possible ramifications is just absurd. I support people who truly identify as transgender, but there is not a one-size-fits-all solution to this problem at the moment. Even a 0.1% chance of someone being victimized due to a transgender policy makes it categorically unacceptable in my opinion.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:36 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,315,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
Being Christian is a choice, being gay is not a choice.
You are taught to be gay just like you are taught to be hetero. You don't learn that all on your own.

Someone helped you along the way, that was already chose to be gay.

Public education teaches the kids today.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:37 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,933,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You are taught to be gay just like you are taught to be hetero. You don't learn that all on your own.

um...not at all.

Old 01-26-2018, 11:28 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,263,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

LMAO!

I have told this before,but it bears repeating whenever someone spouts such nonsense.

I have a friend who was adopted. He was the result of an affair. His father got divorced because of that, remarried, and in total had at least 3 kids.2 boys, 1 girl. All 3 of these were raised in different homes by different parents, 1 in another state entirely. None knew each other until adulthood when they finally met. Yet all 3 are homosexual. The one thing they share is a father that my friend never met, and who was out of the girls life very early because of the affair and the mother moving out of state.

I know another family in which 2 out of 3 men siblings are gay. All the girls though are heterosexual. The men are all over 80 now, and were raised in a rural part of a red state by a conservative family, and went to school there in , what, the 40's and 50's ?

Im sure the gay agenda in public schools was big in the rural red states in the 40's

Its not public education.
Its called genetics.

Last edited by wallflash; 01-26-2018 at 11:56 PM..

Old 01-27-2018, 01:58 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,716,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
As a gay male, this somewhat upsets me if it's due to the transgender policy pushing. I'm mostly liberal, obviously in a very liberal city, but I can appreciate the criticisms of the bathroom issue.

With gay marriage, it was a pretty clear issue with a pretty clear solution that really doesn't affect other people. With the transgender bathroom issue, it does open up a can of worms.

In the LGBT community, you have many people who are truly transgender. They identify as the opposite sex and that's how they live their lives. You also have drag queens and kings, who may only identify as that opposite sex in certain contexts. And you also have people who are not at all LGBT who might use a bathroom policy for very nefarious reasons that could lead to victimization and loss of safety.

So I'm not for just opening up public and communal womens' (or mens') restrooms to whomever happens to say they are female or male on that particular day. Private restrooms that anyone can use one at a time with a lock, sure. But trying to push this social issue with NO thought of the possible ramifications is just absurd. I support people who truly identify as transgender, but there is not a one-size-fits-all solution to this problem at the moment. Even a 0.1% chance of someone being victimized due to a transgender policy makes it categorically unacceptable in my opinion.
I'm sorry but I have never heard of some peeping tom deciding to just to claim they are a woman to use the woman's room to peep. You can replace peeping tom with rapist too. But yet, this is the strawman lie fed anytime someone talks about transgender and transvestites using the restrooms they associate with. Also I've noticed women use men's rooms and have no issue altogether. It is somewhat common for women at concerts to use men's rooms and nobody bats an eye.

I think one issue is many people don't know that biologically there is such a thing as intersex. I mean we use an occam's razor of ''Oh sweet Jesus, it's a penis" the person is male and if there is no tree in the forest, they are female, but it is much more than physical. I often think of myself as a lesbian trapped in a man's body based on my mannerisms, even if I love traditionally male activities. Would I remove my penis, no. Do I want to wear woman's clothes, no again. That said, I can understand someone who would want to and they shouldn't be held to using the family restroom because they can't go in the bathroom they identify as.

Old 01-27-2018, 02:14 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,796,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
The LGBTQ community have every right to be vocal about not being given the same rights as other citizens of the United States. Just as other minority groups have had to find for things, they are doing the same.

People throw around blanket statements like the whole LGBTQ community are bullies and they throw it in people's faces. They force people to deal with their nonsense and gross lifestyle choices. Well, conservatives/christians do the same thing they accuse the LGBTQ community of. Forcing beliefs on a society (not all members of LGBTQ at that) because they have fears about a group of people. And it is fear that they have, because they fear this group being allowed to marry, being allowed to adopt, holding positions in school where their children attend, etc. It's a phobia.

LGBTQ people have very similar and "normal" lives just like the rest of the world. They have families, go to church, are involved in community programs and volunteer. They aren't this sordid group of people who are lurking around every corner to jump some unsuspecting straight person and turn them. They aren't walking around waiting to flash their genitals and tell you all about their sex activities.

For conservatives to be so worried about these people who live this "disgusting lifestyle", maybe take a look in your own backyard and see all the corruption and disgusting lifestyles that many straight people are living. You shout snowflakes every chance you get, but HELLO...pot kettle black!
They always had the same rights as heterosexuals. They just didn't have Social security survivor benefits and the like for same-sex coupling but neither did heterosexuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies