Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2018, 09:00 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlaMontero View Post
Yes I say we as a group need to be protected just as the homosexuals are.
Then promoting NAMBLA and child experimentation with adults won't be such an issue. We won't be hiding as we are posting on this website and others.
Keep it up mt1l. You're my kind of sexual deviant!! Did you get my friends request??
You're TOS violations are at least kind of funny . I equally discriminated against homosexuality and pedophilia .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2018, 09:11 PM

18,557 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
So . . everyone changes at the school? No one goes home and comes back for practice?

You are determined to make a problem when there really isn't one.
I've never heard of anyone anywhere going home and changing and coming back for practice. And for good reason: That is absurdly inefficient.

Old 01-28-2018, 11:47 PM

1,704 posts, read 748,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
The term mental illness was long accepted as an accurate description for having your brain cause you to regard yourself being the opposite sex from your reproductive system , and aptly so , until PCness set in. Something is definitely out of order with a person having a penis thinking he is a female and having gender issues because of this disparity between body and mind. It is not wrong or idiotic to call cancer an illness, and neither is it wrong to call a condition that causes a male to feel like he is a female trapped in a male body an illness. One is an illness of the body, the other is an illness of the mind. Using different words and terms does not change this reality , nor does it make honestly assessing the situation idiotic.
It's quite apparent that you have absolutely no idea about the subject-matter of gender.

Your sex as biologically determined by your sex chromosomes, defines your observed physical sex phenotype (sex organ). Just because you have a male or female sex organ, does NOT mean that your emotional feelings or desires have to coincide or "match" your observed sex organ. In other words, just because you are born with a penis, doesn't necessarily mean that you have to behave like a male or desire to enjoy doing what other males typically do. Just because you're born with a vagina doesn't necessarily mean that you have to behave like a female and have the desire to engage in typical activities that most females enjoy.

Your sex organ does not and cannot dictate either your "feelings" or your sexual orientation. Your brain combined with your physiological chemistry determines both, not your sex organ.

Then there's the topic of the "intersex" people. However, that's quite enough for today already....

Old 01-29-2018, 05:42 AM

52 posts, read 40,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Why not add no religious discrimination against bigamist and pedophiles if we're just going to make up hypotheticals.
So you're comparing a loving relationship between two consenting adults to some dude who likes to fondle little girls?

Quote:
It's well established for like 2,000 years that homosexuality violates Christian beliefs.
Homosexuality is a fact of nature. I guarantee you that it has been around much longer than your religion has.

Old 01-29-2018, 05:46 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by csignorelli View Post
So you're comparing a loving relationship between two consenting adults to some dude who likes to fondle little girls?
What's to keep the former out of a girls'/women's changing/locker/shower room if he "says" he thinks he's a woman that day? Are there any safeguards or checks for that?

No. Now you understand the problem of forcing everyone else to comply with made-up "gender identities."

Old 01-29-2018, 06:04 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
It's quite apparent that you have absolutely no idea about the subject-matter of gender.

Your sex as biologically determined by your sex chromosomes, defines your observed physical sex phenotype (sex organ). Just because you have a male or female sex organ, does NOT mean that your emotional feelings or desires have to coincide or "match" your observed sex organ. In other words, just because you are born with a penis, doesn't necessarily mean that you have to behave like a male or desire to enjoy doing what other males typically do. Just because you're born with a vagina doesn't necessarily mean that you have to behave like a female and have the desire to engage in typical activities that most females enjoy.

Your sex organ does not and cannot dictate either your "feelings" or your sexual orientation. Your brain combined with your physiological chemistry determines both, not your sex organ.

Then there's the topic of the "intersex" people. However, that's quite enough for today already....
Exactly. Too many people don't understand just that.

Old 01-29-2018, 06:25 AM

52 posts, read 40,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What's to keep the former out of a girls'/women's changing/locker/shower room if he "says" he thinks he's a woman that day? Are there any safeguards or checks for that?

No. Now you understand the problem of forcing everyone else to comply with made-up "gender identities."
My comments were in reference to homosexuality, not transgenderism.

Last edited by csignorelli; 01-29-2018 at 06:40 AM..

Old 01-29-2018, 07:20 AM

16,910 posts, read 10,582,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post

So, what if you have a penis, but your brain thinks you're a girl, but the nerve cells in your gut think you're a boy? Is the brain overruled?

Old 01-29-2018, 10:06 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raconteur View Post
In fact Transgerderism is not considered a mental illness. The mental illness associated with Transgenderism is the anxiety experienced by Transgendered individuals as to the acceptence of self and others to his transitioning.
If you cannot accept yourself and your self worth is dependent on others' perceptions of who you think you are, you are mentally ill. You are in no way a stable or mentally healthy person by definition.

I don't define myself by what others think of me. And I do not look for acceptance of my own behavior as a reason to prove I am sane. I know who I am, I don't need a psych eval, medication, hormones, years of therapy or genital mutilation to prove to someone who I am and that I *accept* myself.

That's why all this language semantics and gymnastics always point back to trans as a mental illness. And it's why trans people always, always, always tell you they are trans. They have to keep repeating it, over and over. It's like they are still trying to convince themselves that they are trans. They can't just live their lives as a person. Because they are not a person, they are "trans."

Their entire existence is based in the illness, and they never get passed it.

I watched a panel on transgenders where the moderator, I'll call Jay, was a FTM. Jay gave an example of going to a cocktail party. Jay talked about stuff before transition where she was a girl and would do girl things, go to the prom and wear dresses, etc. Because it was it part of the conversation. And Jay then would talk about life as a man. AND at this point the people he talked to would be very confused. So he would get MAD at them for not being about to keep up with his she-life, he-life, and he ranted about how stupid and insensitive the other party-goers were. From his own description of the conversations, people were not rude, name-calling, etc. They were legitimately confused at the line of the conversation.

Jay can wonder all he wants about how people act around her/him. But it's pretty obvious to most other people who is the confused one and who is behaving in an insensitive and mentally unhealthy manner.

I don't get angry at other people if they don't immediately fall at my feet understanding my life. If I like them, we'll have other opportunities to talk. If not, meh.

But I don't fall to pieces mentally and claim my well-being is wholly dependent on the opinions of others. Because I am a mentally healthy person.

Old 01-29-2018, 10:21 AM

1,704 posts, read 748,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
If you cannot accept yourself and your self worth is dependent on others' perceptions of who you think you are, you are mentally ill. You are in no way a stable or mentally healthy person by definition.

I don't define myself by what others think of me. And I do not look for acceptance of my own behavior as a reason to prove I am sane. I know who I am, I don't need a psych eval, medication, hormones, years of therapy or genital mutilation to prove to someone who I am and that I *accept* myself.

That's why all this language semantics and gymnastics always point back to trans as a mental illness. And it's why trans people always, always, always tell you they are trans. They have to keep repeating it, over and over. It's like they are still trying to convince themselves that they are trans. They can't just live their lives as a person. Because they are not a person, they are "trans."

Their entire existence is based in the illness, and they never get passed it.

I watched a panel on transgenders where the moderator, I'll call Jay, was a FTM. Jay gave an example of going to a cocktail party. Jay talked about stuff before transition where she was a girl and would do girl things, go to the prom and wear dresses, etc. Because it was it part of the conversation. And Jay then would talk about life as a man. AND at this point the people he talked to would be very confused. So he would get MAD at them for not being about to keep up with his she-life, he-life, and he ranted about how stupid and insensitive the other party-goers were. From his own description of the conversations, people were not rude, name-calling, etc. They were legitimately confused at the line of the conversation.

Jay can wonder all he wants about how people act around her/him. But it's pretty obvious to most other people who is the confused one and who is behaving in an insensitive and mentally unhealthy manner.

I don't get angry at other people if they don't immediately fall at my feet understanding my life. If I like them, we'll have other opportunities to talk. If not, meh.

But I don't fall to pieces mentally and claim my well-being is wholly dependent on the opinions of others. Because I am a mentally healthy person.
Some basic concepts are just a little too difficult for some people to understand.

Like for some reason, my cousin could never quite get the gist of adding fractions. Somehow, he just could never get the hang of it.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies