Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2018, 03:11 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
There are many right-winged conservative college professors who aren't impressed with the fact that an LGBT member now occupies a seat within their classroom, taking a seat that could otherwise be occupied by someone more "worthy" who has "higher" social and moral values.

It's the so-called "at-will" employment that's the problem. Essentially, it's saying if you're vocal minority activist, an intelligent adamant female, or a member of the LGBT community, an employer can easily dismiss you with complete impunity.

It's not so much that a gay or transgender can be evicted. It's more of a fact that an LGBT member is more likely to be "denied" appropriate housing by an unscrupulous landlord.

An MA club would be nice. However, concealed carry seems a much better option.
As I am sure many liberal professors would fully embrace a devout Christian mom in the classroom and would prefer someone more "worthy" by their standards of "higher" social and moral values.

At will is at will. Don't want to get fired? Do a good job and don't be a PITA. Simple. That means activism stops at the DOOR of the company. Leave the "vocal" part at the door. Nobody cares if your friend had a reading at the gay bookstore. Do it on your own time.

So you're guessing that a landlord would just immediately deny housing. Maybe. But I'm sure it's for a lot of reasons that we will never know. Are you a mindreader? I daresay that a family of four would have less chance of getting a 2-bedroom apt than a gay male couple. I know that one apartment I got was because the landlord liked my BF. Whatever. People are people.

Why are they second-class citizens? Oh, right, they're not. They just pretend they are and screech victim victim victim over and over like brainwashing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2018, 03:20 PM

1,704 posts, read 749,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Bingo! That's what makes allowing transgender men who "think" they're women to compete as women BOGUS!
No. That's not what gives those born as males an unfair advantage to physically compete. That unfair advantage comes from larger muscles and larger muscle groupings with which males are typically endowed. This unfair advantage also extends to those people classified as " intersex".

Old 02-02-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
As I am sure many liberal professors would fully embrace a devout Christian mom in the classroom and would prefer someone more "worthy" by their standards of "higher" social and moral values.

At will is at will. Don't want to get fired? Do a good job and don't be a PITA. Simple. That means activism stops at the DOOR of the company. Leave the "vocal" part at the door. Nobody cares if your friend had a reading at the gay bookstore. Do it on your own time.

So you're guessing that a landlord would just immediately deny housing. Maybe. But I'm sure it's for a lot of reasons that we will never know. Are you a mindreader? I daresay that a family of four would have less chance of getting a 2-bedroom apt than a gay male couple. I know that one apartment I got was because the landlord liked my BF. Whatever. People are people.

Why are they second-class citizens? Oh, right, they're not. They just pretend they are and screech victim victim victim over and over like brainwashing.
High unemployment rates exist amongst minorities. That's whether they're racial or sexual minorities. Not being a member of the "normal" majority does have its obvious disadvantages.

This fact is what actually leads to second class citizenship.

Old 02-02-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
High unemployment rates exist amongst minorities. That's whether they're racial or sexual minorities. Not being a member of the "normal" majority does have its obvious disadvantages.

Let's pit minorities against other populations, and compare experience, college, and years worked.

That "rate"? Disappears.

Want a job? Get yourself qualified for that job. Take a lower-level job and work yourself up. Take some college classes. Take responsibility for your life. Stop begging for someone to give you stuff. Stop blaming everyone else for your own failures.

Be an adult.

Good gawd they should call this the child generation. Nothing is ever their fault and they take responsibility for nothing.

Here's is a perfect example of what I am talking about. This guy is 100x smarter than any SJW PhD drinking Starbucks wearing a p-ssy hat holding signs with curses on it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7566911.html

A Chinese farmer has won the first round of a legal battle against a powerful state-owned chemicals corporation, after spending 16 years teaching himself about the law.

Last edited by newtovenice; 02-02-2018 at 04:00 PM..

Old 02-02-2018, 04:13 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:

Asian unemployment rate is lower than whites and female unemployment rate is lower than male. We must make the rates exactly equal .

https://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/cpsee_e16.htm

Old 02-02-2018, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Let's pit minorities against other populations, and compare experience, college, and years worked.

That "rate"? Disappears.

Want a job? Get yourself qualified for that job. Take a lower-level job and work yourself up. Take some college classes. Take responsibility for your life. Stop begging for someone to give you stuff. Stop blaming everyone else for your own failures.

Be an adult.

Good gawd they should call this the child generation. Nothing is ever their fault and they take responsibility for nothing.

Here's is a perfect example of what I am talking about. This guy is 100x smarter than any SJW PhD drinking Starbucks wearing a p-ssy hat holding signs with curses on it.

Chinese farmer 'studies law for 16 years' to defeat corporation dumping hazardous chemical waste near his land | The Independent

A Chinese farmer has won the first round of a legal battle against a powerful state-owned chemicals corporation, after spending 16 years teaching himself about the law.

Adult minorities have had long histories of experiencing discrimination on practically every level of life. Sure, many members of minority groups break ground and clear social barriers. This is primarily due to educational and social advancements made by society as a whole and in part, by individual industrious personal achievement.

Trust me, there's no way an intellectually qualified Negro back in the 1920's would have been accepted into an Ivy League college or medical school due to ubiquitous American racist attitudes widely held during that time. It takes time for social mores to change.

Old 02-02-2018, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Asian unemployment rate is lower than whites and female unemployment rate is lower than male. We must make the rates exactly equal .

https://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/cpsee_e16.htm
Asians were never historically demonized to the degree that Africans and indigenous Americans were demonized. History is an important factor of consideration when assessing the current status of any person or group.

Many females have not become interested in "employment", due to the fact that they've spent most of their lives in stable marriages where they have successfuly raised children as housewives.

Old 02-02-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Adult minorities have had long histories of experiencing discrimination on practically every level of life. Sure, many members of minority groups break ground and clear social barriers. This is primarily due to educational and social advancements made by society as a whole and in part, by individual industrious personal achievement.

Trust me, there's no way an intellectually qualified Negro back in the 1920's would have been accepted into an Ivy League college or medical school due to ubiquitous American racist attitudes widely held during that time. It takes time for social mores to change.
It's 2018.

Affirmative action is alive and well.

Colleges accept pretty much everybody these days, online colleges are very easy to access and student loans are even easier to get.

Don't have a HS diploma? Most adult education courses as well as libraries offer GED classes.

Oh, and libraries? Libraries exist everywhere and are free to use, offer classes and have a wealth of online materials that are FREE to EVERYONE.

Need help with English? The county I used to live in offered 30 locations + online access to FREE English classes for immigrants. They even offered free childcare during the classes (they stopped that last year).

Keep pretending it's 1920. You need to pinch yourself, wake up and say, It's 2018. Maybe do it 100x. You need to catch up with the rest of us.

Opportunities are everywhere. Everywhere. For those who choose to not be victims.

Old 02-02-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Asians were never historically demonized to the degree that Africans and indigenous Americans were demonized.

Many females have not become interested in "employment", due to the fact that they've spent most of their lives in stable marriages where they have successfuly raised children as housewives.
Asians also take education VERY seriously. And think hard work is a virtue.

But I'm sure that has nothing to do with their success.

It's amazing to me how many will choose to argue for victimhood instead of saying: Well, yeah, maybe a bit of education, responsibility and hard work could improve these people's lives. They'd rather complain and make excuses.

Old 02-02-2018, 05:00 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,761 times
Quote:
Of course they do. Sports, entertainment and government are one and the same.

It's a way to gain the attention of the majority of people, without the people feeling like they are being manipulated.

But the trans issue and the kneeling issue ... well, pushback has started. Even though people don;t understand why they are pushing back or that the initial actions are politically motivated and have nothing to do with sports.

And we're back ... to ... that 's why it's an AGENDA. It's not organic. It's calculated and rolled out. It's why celebrities are spouting about politics every 5 seconds. Do you really think they believe half of what they say? Do you really think the NHL players were THRILLED to wear rainbow shirts and talk about LGBT?

Of course not. But they are TOLD and ORDERED to in front of the public.

Does anyone with even 1/100th of a brain think that the professional basketball league gave a flying fig about BATHROOMS? Really?? THAT's the issue that is most important to the NBA? Where some guy gets to pee?? [now if the NBA took on poverty and single mothers in AA neighborhoods, that would make sense, look at the fan base/look at the players. So why don't they do that?]

Agenda. Over and over again.
Nope, no one was forced to do anything. Generally speaking when it comes to social issues much of the sports industry is pretty liberal. Have been in the business for 40 years, and sports is simply a microcosm of society. Majority athletes are supportive of LGBT rights as are the general public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies