Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 05:31 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,119,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
You lifted my other post from a completely different political topic. Sad that you cannot handle a small dose of humor to counter the claim that JimRob must be lying in his posts.

My point has been proven. There's no satisfying a few people who are determined to be drama divas. It will never be enough attention for them.
Just proving the irony of your post Carry on with
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2018, 05:53 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,199,687 times
What you do in bed, with whomever you do it with is "as personal as Kotex." You wanna advertise it, you're going to get some flack from most people, no matter what your attributes. Married people have never considered "which position do you and hubby like to do it in best?" a generally acceptable topic of conversation. Same with the homo stuff. It's personal. Prob'ly 95% of the population thinks that way.

Begging for universal "social acceptance" on the basis of your "outed" sexual preference is a 21 year old's thing - maybe for 6 to 14 weeks, after which you get over it - and then on to other more important things in life.

Old 02-04-2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
What you do in bed, with whomever you do it with is "as personal as Kotex." You wanna advertise it, you're going to get some flack from most people, no matter what your attributes. Married people have never considered "which position do you and hubby like to do it in best?" a generally acceptable topic of conversation. Same with the homo stuff. It's personal. Prob'ly 95% of the population thinks that way.

Begging for universal "social acceptance" on the basis of your "outed" sexual preference is a 21 year old's thing - maybe for 6 to 14 weeks, after which you get over it - and then on to other more important things in life.
I could care less who accepts me. When government denies me equal treatment(ie. Marriage), then that's when I take umbrage. But that's been sorted out.

Old 02-04-2018, 06:43 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,071,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
What in earth are you talking about heteronormative society? Yes, okay. Your sure LBGT
I see how this is.

Let's just say that being an LGBTQ person who hangs around almost exclusively with straight people can be lonely at times. They might accept you, but they don't get it.

So you get LGBTQ friends. Some of them may have radical ideas. If you hang around them more, those radical ideas become more entrenched to the point where you're pushing out your straight friends because the best they can do is accept you while still maintaining straight privilege, and that's never going to be good enough - they'll always be the oppressor.

There are a lot of gay guys, for example, who just want to exist in normal society and do all of the same things straight men do except that they'll date other men. I imagine it's the same for women, and probably for many transgender people. But that doesn't mean that the scenario I described above, and JimRom has experienced, doesn't happen.

Old 02-04-2018, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I see how this is.

Let's just say that being an LGBTQ person who hangs around almost exclusively with straight people can be lonely at times. They might accept you, but they don't get it.

So you get LGBTQ friends. Some of them may have radical ideas. If you hang around them more, those radical ideas become more entrenched to the point where you're pushing out your straight friends because the best they can do is accept you while still maintaining straight privilege, and that's never going to be good enough - they'll always be the oppressor.

There are a lot of gay guys, for example, who just want to exist in normal society and do all of the same things straight men do except that they'll date other men. I imagine it's the same for women, and probably for many transgender people. But that doesn't mean that the scenario I described above, and JimRom has experienced, doesn't happen.
I don't know where you are getting all this anecdotal hogwash from. But that's one of the pillars in LBGT community to have straight allies. I don't know where on earth you heard that the community as a whole is not inclusive to heterosexuals or striving sway from their support or friendship, but as a Gay individual who is part of LBGT organizations I am here to squash this disinformation campaign.

Old 02-05-2018, 08:42 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,884,485 times
Glaad is a political organization in bed with the "elites" even to the point of appointing ABC bureaucrats to their board.

See: Jarrett Barrios scandal

Their IRS returns reveal extensive pay for play IMO, if you see their 990. All with broadcast and media.

Further evidence they're full of crap because when that guy Adam Lambert kissed the guy on that awards show in 2009 it took Barrios 5 attempts to come out with a statement defending him. After the networks blackballed him.

LASTLY. Transgender people and issues have taken over politically so that even gay men and women are second class citizens. Ironically, since they have nothing to do with being GAY.

See: Andrea James Letter:

https://www.queerty.com/the-glaad-bo...itics-20140724

Any "poll" with those results was probably a push poll or a nonsense poll because EVERYBODY KNOWS the statements as made are demonstrably false. Any push back is due to radical politics.

Such as INSISTING all male to female military members are perfectly able to carry out their duties while transitioning. That is a LIE. Transitioning men are on such extreme hormones they barely can get out of bed for the first year or two. But nobody says that on TV, RIGHT?

Old 02-07-2018, 10:31 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,199,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
I could care less who accepts me. When government denies me equal treatment(ie. Marriage), then that's when I take umbrage. But that's been sorted out.

"Umbrage?" I can top you.

When potential employers deny you a job JUST (and only just) because you don't have a wedding band, and you're a male over thirty (never mind your credentials or the fact that you look and act like a totally normal gender appropriate-acting guy) ....that umbrages me. Happened to me several times just 25 - 40 years ago. So nowadays if you don't sport a wedding band, who exactly are you??? A pedo? A freak? A (heaven forbid) "loner?" Uh uh. We don't want you in our "family oriented" community or...we don't think you'd fit in here.

Neo-puritanism-like snoopiness when you really think about it. Watch some 1950's television shows - you'll get what I'm talking about.

My question: Whatever happened to just being a bachelor?

I've had more husbands than Zsa Zsa Gabor but it was never anybody's business except ours; nobody knew, nobody offended. But it was the LACK of a wedding band that screwed me out of a good (I'd say) $800,000 of income over the years.

And, oh...by the way, they should have ended Social Security survivor benefits long ago. The little lady hasn't been cooped up in the laundry and kitchen for at least 40 years now. But don't hold your breath - I'm sure the gay marrieds will be marching for theirs too.

Last edited by TwinbrookNine; 02-07-2018 at 10:46 PM..

Old 02-07-2018, 11:16 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
Here's a thought (perhaps it has already been mentioned):

Most Americans are fine with LGBTQ people. It's their self-adopted crown of victimhood/"specialness" and self-absorbed demands for extra accommodations that most Americans are weary with. Why should American taxpayers have to pay for sex change operations, hormones, etc. for military members? Things like that are really not the burden of society. At what point does individual responsibility come into the picture for people? At times it feels like the extreme liberal agenda encourages some people to play up their "otherness" and force everyone around them to accommodate their special needs, but they never feel that they should have to do the same.

Do what you need to do and live your life. Do not hurt or harm others. But you don't get to dictate to the rest of the world how they must think of your lifestyle. They should never harm you and they do not have the right to discriminate, but neither should you do the same. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
good post, outta reps.

Old 02-08-2018, 01:37 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times
Source

https://www.glaad.org/blog/glaads-20...btq-acceptance

Harris Poll polled 2160 US adults.

Old 02-08-2018, 01:47 AM

30,891 posts, read 36,934,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Another thread where the real bullies claim to be the victims.
You're incredibly naive if you don't think there are leftist bullies. They can be vicious, even against other leftists, especially at universities:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2gN0lE06cE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies