Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 12:57 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,641,616 times

Advertisements

I think it's more of Americans being fed up with the nonstop barrage of in your face petty drama and intolerance shown by the LGBTQ community than being uncomfortable with their lifestyles.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/amer...172719953.html
Quote:
A new study released by GLAAD on Thursday found a “significant decline in overall comfort and acceptance of LGBTQ people.” This marks the first time in this particular study’s four-year history that the numbers have declined.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 12:58 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
They have bullied their way into our lives.

Old 01-25-2018, 01:07 PM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
I dont care what you do or where you take a crap if there are stalls.

I do care when they expect my daughter to change for gym with a boy who thinks he is a girl.

Old 01-25-2018, 01:08 PM

29,470 posts, read 14,639,119 times
It all depends. If I'm confronted with some of the blue haired half naked ***** waving , vagina had wearing feminazi , or an androgynous makeup wearing skin head wearing a leotard covered in dildos (yeah, I saw that on FB) I might steer clear of them.
If they are a normal person that happens to be attracted to the opposite sex, or transgendered or any other things , chances are I won't even know or care and will treat them just like I would any other.

Old 01-25-2018, 01:11 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,688,413 times
I'd rather they just stayed in the closet. The whole lifestyle is so sordid and unnatural. Just my opinion. As they say "outta sight, outta mind".

Old 01-25-2018, 01:13 PM

18,563 posts, read 7,368,531 times
Well, we never thought about the T's in LGBT until three or four years ago, so that's going to make some difference. While the G's and B's do stuff in private (and sometimes in public) that create health problems for the rest of us (proliferation of viruses, STD's, and antibiotic-resistant bacteria), everyone knows G's who by and large don't have any negative impact on one's personal life. In fact, most of us get along with and even like a lot of these G's. But the T thing is weird and especially scary for parents of young children. People don't choose to be G, but some people do choose to be T. And we must keep the pro-T propaganda away from our kids.

To the extent that T's make up a bigger share of the people we associate with the LGBTQ label, our "comfort and acceptance of LGBTQ people" is going to decline.

Old 01-25-2018, 01:17 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
I'd rather they just stayed in the closet. The whole lifestyle is so sordid and unnatural. Just my opinion. As they say "outta sight, outta mind".
If you need to hide from reality, I am sure you have a closet, too. Perhaps that can be your safe space.

Old 01-25-2018, 01:20 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Look at all the homophobes (and yes, that's who you are - stop being a snowflake about it) ranting about LGBTQ people.

Again, it's none of your darned business about other people's lives. If you don't like same sex marriage, don't enter into a same sex union. But don't prevent other people from doing so, and don't use your hatred to prevent them from going about their jobs and lives.

Old 01-25-2018, 01:22 PM

29,470 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Look at all the homophobes (and yes, that's who you are - stop being a snowflake about it) ranting about LGBTQ people.

Again, it's none of your darned business about other people's lives. If you don't like same sex marriage, don't enter into a same sex union. But don't prevent other people from doing so, and don't use your hatred to prevent them from going about their jobs and lives.

Seems like they have a choice to not accept the lifestyle don't they ? As long as they don't go out of their way to harm or hassle someone.

Old 01-25-2018, 01:23 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
If you need to hide from reality, I am sure you have a closet, too. Perhaps that can be your safe space.

Then don't get bent, when they throw it in my face and I throw it right back at them twice as hard and they run to their safe space of granted privilege.

Attacking someone because they don't accept you, is a hate crime. See, it is a two way street, until government gets involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies